IETF
netmod
netmod@jabber.ietf.org
Wednesday, November 15, 2017< ^ >
Lou Berger has set the subject to: IETF 99 netmod 2nd session
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[05:20:59] Meetecho joins the room
[05:25:19] Jeremias Wong joins the room
[05:25:19] Miroslav Vrana joins the room
[05:25:42] Jeremias Wong leaves the room
[05:25:46] Jeremias Wong joins the room
[05:26:13] Jeffrey Haas joins the room
[05:27:24] Andy Bierman joins the room
[05:27:52] Jeremias Wong leaves the room
[05:30:31] Jeremias Wong joins the room
[05:30:48] Lou Berger joins the room
[05:30:54] Martin Björklund joins the room
[05:31:27] Yuji Tochio joins the room
[05:31:31] <Lou Berger> http://etherpad.tools.ietf.org:9000/p/notes-ietf-100-netmod?useMonospaceFont=true
[05:35:13] Juergen Schoenwaelder joins the room
[05:37:33] Xiaojian Ding joins the room
[05:40:39] mersue joins the room
[05:42:00] Martin Björklund leaves the room
[05:42:06] Martin Björklund joins the room
[05:43:19] Alissa Cooper joins the room
[05:43:54] Joe Clarke joins the room
[05:44:14] limyinglu joins the room
[05:44:39] Alissa Cooper leaves the room
[05:44:40] Alissa Cooper joins the room
[05:55:32] <Martin Björklund> @mic: nacm is also in wglc - will be delayed
[05:55:42] <Martin Björklund> @mic: I think it is better in this document
[05:56:31] <Joe Clarke> That was Dean at the mic, FYI.
[05:57:11] <Martin Björklund> @mic: the LNE data is readable from the parent
[05:57:21] <Martin Björklund> @mic: no it should be protected bu NACM
[05:58:47] <Martin Björklund> do we have a jabber proxy?
[05:58:59] <Lou Berger> yes, sorry, was making a comment
[05:59:24] <Martin Björklund> I think we MUST handle NACM, for any mounted data, since it is readale
[05:59:26] <Lou Berger> will say comment in a moment
[05:59:32] <Martin Björklund> ok, thx
[05:59:51] <Lou Berger> @martin I agree, and will relay your comment in a moment
[06:00:04] bclaise joins the room
[06:00:22] schoenw@jabber.org joins the room
[06:03:47] <Lou Berger> @martin are you meetecho or only jabber?
[06:03:52] <Martin Björklund> jabber
[06:04:08] <Martin Björklund> I don't want to split the doc
[06:04:39] <Martin Björklund> we've discussed this before.  it's just a split of the content.
[06:09:44] <Martin Björklund> @lou, I'm actually on meetecho, but not with a mic
[06:10:45] <Lou Berger> mehesh
[06:10:57] ladislav.lhotka joins the room
[06:11:04] <Lou Berger> @martin - got it
[06:11:07] Alissa Cooper leaves the room
[06:14:22] yui joins the room
[06:15:57] <Joe Clarke> John Easly at the mic.
[06:16:39] <Lou Berger> thanks!
[06:17:04] <Lou Berger> acoustics not great in these rooms
[06:17:06] <Jeffrey Haas> For mic: In order to do a base model and extensions, you must first must know what the expanded form would look like.
[06:30:44] <Joe Clarke> Lou, what's your email?  I can resend you the PDF.
[06:34:53] schoenw@jabber.org leaves the room
[06:35:08] <Lou Berger> we're okay. datatracker is a bit screwed up at the moment - thanks
[06:42:52] limyinglu leaves the room: Stream reset by peer
[06:45:47] <Jeffrey Haas> For mic: This issue is somewhat analogous to the issue of multiple modules managing similar information.  For example, the BGP module, which we have openconfig and one still working through IETF.  
[06:46:08] <Lou Berger> @jeff in queue after Robert
[06:49:42] <Martin Björklund> @mic, re to balazs - a server can remove an entire current module if it wants to
[06:50:29] <Martin Björklund> in a new sw version on the server
[06:51:03] limyinglu joins the room
[06:53:57] Eliot Lear joins the room
[06:54:22] <Jeffrey Haas> Basically structural mapping
[06:56:33] <Jeffrey Haas> The issue isn't necessarily two versions of same module, it's the blast radius effect. You update a major module, you have to upgrade the entire ecosystem.
[06:56:46] <Lou Berger> next in queue
[06:58:50] Eliot Lear leaves the room
[06:58:58] mersue leaves the room
[06:59:03] Eliot Lear joins the room
[07:02:36] yui leaves the room
[07:04:26] Eliot Lear leaves the room
[07:04:40] Eliot Lear joins the room
[07:04:57] <Martin Björklund> 1 is by design, I agree that 2 is correctly stated.
[07:05:51] <Lou Berger> after sue
[07:07:03] Juergen Schoenwaelder leaves the room
[07:07:08] <Jeffrey Haas> In response to sue, most of the bgp items are likely to be augmentations with a feature statement
[07:07:43] Juergen Schoenwaelder joins the room
[07:08:34] <Jeffrey Haas> BGP
[07:09:21] <Lou Berger> sorry
[07:10:12] <Jeffrey Haas> It's fine. Thanks for channeling comments
[07:12:33] Jeremias Wong leaves the room
[07:23:52] juampe joins the room
[07:25:26] <Lou Berger> lost audio
[07:25:36] Eliot Lear leaves the room
[07:25:37] <Jeffrey Haas> fwiw, the "hello, test" can be heard
[07:25:42] <Jeffrey Haas> as can chairs mic
[07:25:47] Eliot Lear joins the room
[07:25:54] <Lou Berger> wasn't heard in the room!
[07:26:07] <Lou Berger> they did a reset so lost audio for ~30sec
[07:26:56] <Lou Berger> @andy have you reviewed latest rev wrt your comments
[07:27:08] juampe leaves the room
[07:28:10] <Lou Berger> @remote are you hearing static that we're hearing in the room
[07:28:16] <Joe Clarke> Do remote attendees hear the mic crackle?
[07:28:30] <Jeffrey Haas> Only periodically. Not from the speaker.
[07:29:40] limyinglu leaves the room: Connection failed: ping_timeout
[07:30:23] <Martin Björklund> audio (and video!) works very well (but I had to switch browser; video in firefox much better than chrome)
[07:32:57] <Lou Berger> interesting
[07:35:10] <bclaise> Not quite happy with the meeting minutes. These are very limited for the YANG Revisions Discussion.
If you made some comments on the mic, please update http://etherpad.tools.ietf.org:9000/p/notes-ietf-100-netmod?useMonospaceFont=true

[07:35:58] <Jeffrey Haas> bclaise: as long as the audio recording comes from the same feed as meetecho stream, should be able to be updated after the fact on review.  remote audio has been very good.
[07:36:26] <Jeffrey Haas> You don't want me contributing. It's my 2:30AM.
[07:36:36] limyinglu joins the room
[07:43:35] <Martin Björklund> which i2rs draft has those rpcs?
[07:45:56] <Martin Björklund> these rpcs seem to work today since they just use strings, not leafrefs
[07:46:14] <Lou Berger> in queue after chris
[07:47:18] <Martin Björklund> in the draft
[07:49:15] <Martin Björklund> (otoh, since these are just strings, it is not really clear what data they affect... a leafref is precise)
[07:49:28] <Martin Björklund> no need to relay that comment
[07:55:09] <Martin Björklund> I also favor 3
[07:56:13] <Martin Björklund> wikis have a tendency to not be alive after some time...  just look at the various YANG wikis we have
[07:56:57] <Jeffrey Haas> Wikis are also problematic for anything that is intended to be canonical.  Access control to such an item would be very important.
[07:56:58] Miroslav Vrana leaves the room
[08:00:45] Eliot Lear leaves the room
[08:03:01] <Juergen Schoenwaelder> Who maintains the wiki?
[08:03:38] <Jeffrey Haas> for mic: additional option: some sort of IANA maintenance.
[08:03:45] <Jeffrey Haas> Moves faster than full RFC
[08:04:41] <Martin Björklund> links in RFCs also have problems - try to follow the link to security considerations in RFC 6087
[08:05:03] <Martin Björklund> (hint 404)
[08:07:16] <Martin Björklund> hand for 3
[08:07:31] <Jeffrey Haas> same for 3
[08:09:21] <Martin Björklund> a wiki for just these guidelines would be weird.  so I assume we should withdraw 6087bis and move its contents to the wiki?
[08:09:30] <Martin Björklund> I'll send this comment to the list instead...
[08:09:43] <Lou Berger> thanks martin
[08:09:43] Juergen Schoenwaelder leaves the room
[08:10:08] Juergen Schoenwaelder joins the room
[08:18:44] limyinglu leaves the room: Stream reset by peer
[08:18:56] Vipul Mathur joins the room
[08:23:25] <Martin Björklund> support!  
[08:23:39] limyinglu joins the room
[08:23:40] <Martin Björklund> but it would be good w/ a solution w/o the reset rpc
[08:24:20] <Martin Björklund> interested hand
[08:24:37] <Martin Björklund> adopt hand
[08:27:21] <Lou Berger> thanks
[08:28:20] <Martin Björklund> augment doesn't know anyhting about extensions
[08:30:52] <ladislav.lhotka> Why cannot you just write and augment that just ignores the extension?
[08:30:59] <Juergen Schoenwaelder> The scope of the work remains unclear to me.
[08:31:34] <Martin Björklund> @lada - augment-yang-data is needed b/c std augemnt would ignore the extension
[08:31:54] <Martin Björklund> @juergen - yes scope needs to be limited
[08:32:13] <Martin Björklund> (e.g. don't do B.2 at this time)
[08:38:32] Christian E. Hopps joins the room
[08:39:41] Christian E. Hopps leaves the room
[08:52:34] Jeffrey Haas leaves the room
[08:53:52] Eliot Lear joins the room
[08:56:22] Martin Björklund leaves the room
[08:56:22] Yuji Tochio leaves the room
[08:56:22] Vipul Mathur leaves the room
[08:56:22] Andy Bierman leaves the room
[08:56:22] Xiaojian Ding leaves the room
[08:56:22] Juergen Schoenwaelder leaves the room
[08:56:30] limyinglu leaves the room
[08:57:31] Meetecho leaves the room
[09:01:28] mbjorklu joins the room
[09:03:12] bclaise leaves the room
[09:05:44] Lou Berger leaves the room
[09:06:56] Joe Clarke leaves the room
[09:13:48] ladislav.lhotka leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[09:13:52] mbjorklu leaves the room
[09:22:02] Eliot Lear leaves the room
[09:22:28] Joe Clarke joins the room
[09:47:05] ladislav.lhotka joins the room
[09:49:01] Eliot Lear joins the room
[10:17:15] Eliot Lear leaves the room
[10:59:28] Joe Clarke leaves the room
[11:11:30] ladislav.lhotka leaves the room: Disconnected: No route to host
[12:50:39] ladislav.lhotka joins the room
[13:53:16] ladislav.lhotka joins the room
[14:07:27] ladislav.lhotka leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[14:49:31] Joe Clarke joins the room
[15:29:03] Joe Clarke leaves the room
[15:36:50] ladislav.lhotka joins the room
[15:49:49] ladislav.lhotka leaves the room: Disconnected: No route to host
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!