IETF
nmrg
nmrg@jabber.ietf.org
Tuesday, November 15, 2016< ^ >
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[00:24:18] Meetecho joins the room
[00:25:17] John Leslie joins the room
[00:31:35] marco@nl joins the room
[00:32:32] hardaker (scribe) joins the room
[00:32:52] <hardaker (scribe)> Good morning!  I'm the designated scribe for the day.
[00:33:11] <hardaker (scribe)> Please prefix comments you want relayed to the microphone with "MIC: " so I can separate them from any other discussion.
[00:33:31] <hardaker (scribe)> first presentation: anycast vs DDoS
[00:33:32] Alexander Clemm joins the room
[00:34:00] <hardaker (scribe)> slide 2 [a bad day at the root]
[00:34:42] <hardaker (scribe)> 3
[00:34:55] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[00:35:02] <hardaker (scribe)> slide 4 (contributions)
[00:35:55] <hardaker (scribe)> "anycast in good times"
[00:36:39] <hardaker (scribe)> silde: "anycast under stress"
[00:36:40] Laurent Ciavaglia joins the room
[00:37:35] <hardaker (scribe)> slide: "anycast reactions to stress"
[00:39:06] <hardaker (scribe)> data about nov 30
[00:39:51] <hardaker (scribe)> slide: "summary of the events"
[00:41:03] <hardaker (scribe)> silde "how about the letters?"
[00:41:38] <hardaker (scribe)> slide: "reachability at k's sites"
[00:41:47] William Atwood joins the room
[00:42:25] <hardaker (scribe)> slide: site flips from routing changse
[00:43:59] <hardaker (scribe)> slide "flips: implications"
[00:45:07] <hardaker (scribe)> during an event: active routing changes or not?
[00:46:25] <hardaker (scribe)> aside:collateral damage
[00:46:49] <hardaker (scribe)> recommendations
[00:47:15] jeferson.nobre joins the room
[00:47:29] <hardaker (scribe)> More Info
[00:47:48] <hardaker (scribe)> Please prefix comments you want relayed to the microphone with "MIC: " so I can separate them from any other discussion.
[00:50:18] <hardaker (scribe)> next prestation: autonomic networking use case for distributed detection of sla violations
[00:50:35] <hardaker (scribe)> slide 2: outline
[00:51:18] jeferson.nobre leaves the room
[00:51:40] <hardaker (scribe)> 3
[00:51:43] jeferson.nobre joins the room
[00:53:43] <hardaker (scribe)> 4
[00:53:48] <hardaker (scribe)> 3
[00:53:54] <hardaker (scribe)> 4
[00:53:57] <hardaker (scribe)> ha
[00:54:02] <Laurent Ciavaglia> ;)
[00:55:20] <hardaker (scribe)> 5
[00:55:24] <hardaker (scribe)> "problem statement"
[00:55:51] <hardaker (scribe)> 6
[00:56:08] a a joins the room
[00:56:22] <hardaker (scribe)> I liked.   5/15 according to the bottom right
[00:56:33] <hardaker (scribe)> 6
[00:57:32] <hardaker (scribe)> 7
[00:58:12] <hardaker (scribe)> 8
[00:59:54] <hardaker (scribe)> 9
[01:01:34] <hardaker (scribe)> 10
[01:03:56] Moritz joins the room
[01:04:13] <hardaker (scribe)> 11
[01:05:25] <hardaker (scribe)> 12
[01:05:29] Toerless Eckert joins the room
[01:07:25] Toerless Eckert leaves the room
[01:07:27] Toerless Eckert joins the room
[01:07:31] <hardaker (scribe)> 13: "security considerations"
[01:08:47] Toerless Eckert leaves the room
[01:09:24] <hardaker (scribe)> 14
[01:10:51] <hardaker (scribe)> 15: thank you an questions
[01:13:22] <Alexander Clemm> Response to first question: For a large proportion of time, measurements do not need to be transported.  The devices will tell of SLA violations.  
[01:13:47] Toerless Eckert joins the room
[01:13:49] <hardaker (scribe)> should I relay that?
[01:13:49] <Alexander Clemm> That said, for peer-to-peer exchange/coordination, some data about measurements is exchanged between peers
[01:14:28] <Alexander Clemm> sure.  But I think Jeferson is answering.  Can make the first point.
[01:14:31] <hardaker (scribe)> Please prefix comments you want relayed to the microphone with "MIC: " so I can separate them from any other discussion.
[01:14:53] <Alexander Clemm> ah ok.  let me try again then:
[01:16:21] <hardaker (scribe)> type faster.  ha ha.
[01:16:22] kohei.shiomoto joins the room
[01:16:53] <Alexander Clemm> MIC: configuration of the system will involve a few points:  What is the likelihood with which SLA violations will be detected (autonomic system determines how much probing to do)
[01:17:56] <Alexander Clemm> MIC: (sorry cannot type fast enough).  The  configuration knobs are higher level: what's the accuracy objective?  How much resources can you spend?
[01:18:15] <Alexander Clemm> thanks - done
[01:18:41] <hardaker (scribe)> thanks ;-)
[01:19:14] <hardaker (scribe)> next presentation: a referenc model for managing large-scale SDN networks
[01:19:21] <hardaker (scribe)> slide 2: SDNs getting comlpex
[01:19:50] <hardaker (scribe)> 3
[01:20:59] <hardaker (scribe)> 4
[01:21:17] <hardaker (scribe)> 5: multiaspects graphs
[01:21:44] jeferson.nobre leaves the room
[01:21:57] Robert Story joins the room
[01:23:07] kohei.shiomoto leaves the room
[01:24:24] <hardaker (scribe)> slide 6: multcilayer graph (MLG)
[01:25:31] <hardaker (scribe)> 7
[01:26:27] kohei.shiomoto joins the room
[01:27:25] <hardaker (scribe)> 8
[01:28:00] <hardaker (scribe)> 9: edge types
[01:29:17] Toerless Eckert leaves the room
[01:29:48] <hardaker (scribe)> 10
[01:30:52] <hardaker (scribe)> 11
[01:32:46] <hardaker (scribe)> 12: MLG example
[01:33:10] <hardaker (scribe)> 13
[01:34:20] <hardaker (scribe)> 14
[01:35:18] <hardaker (scribe)> 15
[01:35:26] <hardaker (scribe)> "adjacency matrix"
[01:36:39] <hardaker (scribe)> 16
[01:36:56] <hardaker (scribe)> 17 sdn example
[01:38:22] <hardaker (scribe)> 18
[01:39:48] <hardaker (scribe)> 19
[01:42:48] Ray Atarashi joins the room
[01:44:32] <hardaker (scribe)> next presentatino: a reference model for autonomic networking
[01:45:30] <hardaker (scribe)> slide 2
[01:49:05] Ray Atarashi leaves the room
[01:49:20] Ray Atarashi joins the room
[01:56:47] <hardaker (scribe)> slide 3: 'intent"
[02:00:19] <hardaker (scribe)> 4: adjacency table
[02:02:08] <hardaker (scribe)> 5
[02:04:26] Alexander Clemm leaves the room
[02:04:35] <hardaker (scribe)> end-of-slides\
[02:10:45] <hardaker (scribe)> next presentation: "towards autonomic slice networking"
[02:12:11] <hardaker (scribe)> 2
[02:12:48] <hardaker (scribe)> 3
[02:13:43] <hardaker (scribe)> 4
[02:15:26] <hardaker (scribe)> 5: defintions of networking sliding III
[02:15:41] <William Atwood> slides are not advancing in the MeetEcho stream
[02:16:07] <Meetecho> William Atwood: working on this
[02:16:30] <hardaker (scribe)> 6
[02:16:48] <hardaker (scribe)> 7
[02:17:51] Laurent Ciavaglia leaves the room
[02:17:51] hardaker (scribe) leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[02:17:58] Laurent Ciavaglia joins the room
[02:18:56] jeferson.nobre joins the room
[02:18:57] Ray Atarashi leaves the room
[02:19:13] <Meetecho> slides should be back
[02:19:19] <jeferson.nobre> Slice Networking and Management - Research Challenges and Trends
[02:19:21] <Laurent Ciavaglia> it's ok now
[02:19:39] Ray Atarashi joins the room
[02:19:50] <jeferson.nobre> slide #8
[02:21:04] <jeferson.nobre> slide #9
[02:22:12] <William Atwood> The slide advanced to Networrk slicing Key Characteristics (1), and then stopped again.
[02:22:30] <Meetecho> checking...
[02:22:54] <jeferson.nobre> slide #10
[02:28:39] <jeferson.nobre> slide # 14
[02:28:42] <Meetecho> are slides ok now?
[02:29:09] <Meetecho> (can't see slide number to match jeferson.nobre's scribing)
[02:29:59] <jeferson.nobre> slide #15
[02:30:12] <jeferson.nobre> "Advanced Network Slicing Work Items & Issues"
[02:30:37] <William Atwood> Yes they are advancing now.  Thanks
[02:33:21] <jeferson.nobre> slide #17
[02:33:31] <jeferson.nobre> Concluding Remarks
[02:34:17] <jeferson.nobre> Julien speaking
[02:36:42] kohei.shiomoto leaves the room
[02:43:33] kohei.shiomoto joins the room
[02:44:45] kohei.shiomoto leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[02:44:46] kohei.shiomoto joins the room
[02:46:29] <jeferson.nobre> SUPA policy-based management framework
[02:46:58] <jeferson.nobre> the presenter is using a different set of slides
[02:54:44] marco@nl leaves the room
[02:54:45] Moritz leaves the room
[02:56:10] kohei.shiomoto leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[02:56:11] kohei.shiomoto joins the room
[02:56:40] kohei.shiomoto leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[02:56:42] kohei.shiomoto joins the room
[02:57:23] kohei.shiomoto leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[02:57:25] kohei.shiomoto joins the room
[02:58:51] kohei.shiomoto leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[02:58:53] kohei.shiomoto joins the room
[03:02:31] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[03:02:42] Ray Atarashi leaves the room
[03:03:01] <William Atwood> Use the mike!!!
[03:07:24] jeferson.nobre leaves the room
[03:07:24] John Leslie leaves the room
[03:08:47] Meetecho leaves the room
[03:09:19] William Atwood leaves the room
[03:09:41] Robert Story leaves the room
[03:10:02] a a leaves the room
[03:10:03] Laurent Ciavaglia leaves the room
[03:12:01] kohei.shiomoto leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[03:15:49] marco@nl joins the room
[04:15:33] marco@nl leaves the room
[04:21:21] marco@nl joins the room
[04:27:45] Moritz joins the room
[04:32:23] Moritz leaves the room
[04:52:34] marco@nl leaves the room: Replaced by new connection