[02:22:56] --- ignas has joined
[04:08:50] --- HannesTschofenig has joined
[04:26:05] --- memo56 has joined
[04:26:41] --- memo56 has left
[04:27:09] --- Bill has joined
[04:28:52] --- dumdidum has joined
[04:29:45] <HannesTschofenig> Unofficial IETF NSIS Weblog: http://www.tschofenig.com/cgi-bin/nsis.cgi
[04:29:58] <HannesTschofenig> You can find pointers to the latest ietf drafts there.
[04:30:20] <HannesTschofenig> Roberts presentation slides can be found at: http://nsis.srmr.co.uk/~reh/draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-01-v1.ppt
[04:30:42] <HannesTschofenig> Martin has posted his slides to http://diana.zam.fh-koeln.de/~mstiemerling/nsis_natfw_ietf59.ppt
[04:32:19] --- avri has joined
[04:36:28] <HannesTschofenig> John has finished agenda bashing, charter overview and wg update.
[04:38:23] --- tomphelan has joined
[04:40:32] <HannesTschofenig> Allison comments on analysis document; interesting document of the way rsvp is used, on requirements and some problems. some of them are more related to the framework; there is a problem with the tcp discussion: it talks about the fact that ldp is used successfully with tcp. but there is a relative low number of deployments and implementations; not a careful analysis; fairly shallow number of comments on fragmentation. it does not elaborate all issues in detail. it is not good enough to get published.
[04:42:02] <HannesTschofenig> Robert Slides: http://nsis.srmr.co.uk/~reh/draft-ietf-nsis-ntlp-01-v1.ppt
[04:42:15] <HannesTschofenig> Robert starts with his presentation
[04:45:23] --- rei has joined
[04:46:55] --- rei has left
[04:53:54] <HannesTschofenig> Robert finished his presentation and responds to questions regarding congestion control in GIMPS.
[04:55:35] <HannesTschofenig> Andrew starts with his presentation on the QoS NSLP. You can find his slides at http://nsis.srmr.co.uk/~adm/qos-nslp-ietf59.ppt
[05:05:34] --- tomphelan has left: Replaced by new connection.
[05:06:02] --- tomphelan has joined
[05:06:40] <HannesTschofenig> Andrew has finished his presentation. Martin will start his presentation about NAT/Firewall signaling.
[05:06:42] <HannesTschofenig> http://diana.zam.fh-koeln.de/~mstiemerling/nsis_natfw_ietf59.ppt
[05:08:42] --- memo56 has joined
[05:09:50] <HannesTschofenig> Martin goes through the list of open issues.
[05:14:23] <HannesTschofenig> Martin finished his presentation; next the nsis early design team will start to discuss nsis issues.
[05:14:53] <HannesTschofenig> The review team consists of Allison, Alex and Dave.
[05:45:56] --- tomphelan has left: Disconnected.
[05:48:17] --- memo56 has left: Disconnected
[06:06:20] --- Bill has left
[06:06:26] --- memo56 has joined
[06:17:16] --- memo56 has left
[06:45:01] --- avri has left: Disconnected
[06:55:00] --- dumdidum has left
[06:56:25] <HannesTschofenig> ok. we are done. the discussion is over. i will post detailed meeting minutes to the nsis message list.
[07:16:37] --- HannesTschofenig has left: Disconnected
[07:30:58] --- HannesTschofenig has joined
[07:48:36] --- avri has joined
[08:27:26] --- avri has left
[08:44:38] --- HannesTschofenig has left
[13:56:53] --- ignas has left: Replaced by new connection
[14:21:09] --- ignas has joined
[15:21:18] --- LOGGING STARTED
[18:35:45] --- ignas has joined
[19:07:53] --- dinakar has joined
[19:07:58] --- dinakar has left
[20:02:38] --- ignas has left: Disconnected
[20:54:14] --- sob has joined
[21:52:24] --- dumdidum has joined
[21:52:31] --- dumdidum has left
[21:56:37] --- dumdidum has joined
[21:56:40] --- dumdidum has left
[21:56:40] --- memo56 has joined
[21:56:59] --- dumdidum has joined
[21:58:10] <memo56> Agenda bashing by John.
[21:58:17] --- tomphelan has joined
[21:58:22] <memo56> Hannes begins with the presentation on NAT NSLP security.
[21:59:35] --- admcd has joined
[22:02:38] <memo56> Slides available at http://www.tschofenig.com/nsis/IETF59/NAT-Firewall-Security_ietf59.ppt
[22:07:39] <memo56> No comments on the document.
[22:07:45] <memo56> John: Please send comments to the list.
[22:09:21] --- HannesTschofenig has joined
[22:10:00] <HannesTschofenig> Hi all, i just gave a presentation about the "Security Threats for NSIS" draft. You can find the presentation at http://www.tschofenig.com/nsis/IETF59/Security_Threats_for_NSIS_ietf59.ppt
[22:10:24] <HannesTschofenig> In the meanwhile we switched to the next agenda item: QoS Models
[22:10:33] <sob> tnx for teh presentation pointers
[22:10:52] <HannesTschofenig> Cornelia Kappler started with her presentation covering http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kappler-nsis-qosmodel-controlledload-00.txt.
[22:11:17] <HannesTschofenig> Presentation slides are not available online. sorry.
[22:14:49] <HannesTschofenig> Attila will give his presentation (http://www.tschofenig.com/nsis/IETF59/qos-model-intro-ietf59a.ppt) on http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bader-rmd-qos-model-00.txt
[22:16:22] <sob> cast of thousands
[22:18:46] <HannesTschofenig> Attila starts with his presentation.
[22:22:27] --- sleinen has joined
[22:24:13] <HannesTschofenig> Jerry Ash started this presentation about http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ash-nsis-nslp-qos-sig-proof-of-concept-01.txt. A presentation is not yet available online.
[22:25:27] <sob> there are some slides on that in the bundle you just pointed to
[22:26:13] --- memo56 has left
[22:26:26] <HannesTschofenig> But unfortunately not the NSIS presentation slides.
[22:27:06] <sob> humm - the slides on draft-ash-nsis-nslp-qos-sig-proof-of-concept-01.txt are not nsis ones?
[22:29:20] --- AWGY has joined
[22:29:40] <HannesTschofenig> You are right. The slides set http://www.tschofenig.com/nsis/IETF59/qos-model-intro-ietf59a.ppt contains all slides on the QoS models.
[22:33:18] --- AWGY has left: Replaced by new connection
[22:34:27] --- AWGY has joined
[22:36:41] --- galvinjamesm has joined
[22:38:34] <HannesTschofenig> Next we see the mobility presentation. The slides can be found at http://www.cs.helsinki.fi/u/jmanner/nsis-mob-ietf59.pdf
[22:39:16] <admcd> James Kempf is doing a short presentation first
[22:41:19] <HannesTschofenig> True - early review; No slides are available.
[22:41:45] <sob> topic?
[22:45:08] --- tomphelan has left: Disconnected.
[22:46:37] <HannesTschofenig> James Kempf talked about his early review of the mobility drafts.
[22:46:45] <sob> tnx
[22:47:13] <HannesTschofenig> Basically he said that the documents are too high-level and do not specify which state is moved around. Furthermore, he thinks that some problems are artificial.
[22:47:30] --- BP has joined
[22:47:41] <HannesTschofenig> He saw a need to work on the NAT/Firewall signaling (since he always experiences problems with middleboxes).
[22:47:49] <sob> other than that he liked them? :-)
[22:49:00] --- AWGY has left
[22:49:46] <BP> Is NSIS really intended to deal with middle box problems as James seems to be suggesting?
[22:49:58] <HannesTschofenig> Next presentation is about http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sanda-nsis-mobility-qos-proxy-01.txt. Slides have not been sent to me.
[22:50:28] <HannesTschofenig> NSIS addresses two signaling applications: QoS signaling and NAT/Firewall signaling
[22:50:29] <sob> the original ideal behind forming the WG did include using NSIS to find & manage middleboxes
[22:50:59] <BP> Okay. I guess I should pay more attention to the charter :(
[22:51:22] <sob> well, it was not so clear in the charter
[22:51:24] <HannesTschofenig> The idea of dealing with NATs and Firewalls was added to the working group after the two layer split was decided and after the TIST BOF was held.
[22:52:06] <sob> but it was in the AD's mind (at least in this AD's mind) when teh WG was 1st formed
[22:52:33] <HannesTschofenig> That might be true. Next presentation is about http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-cheng-mobility-issues-01.txt. No slides available.
[22:52:50] <BP> Maybe... Since the Alias effort was also along the lines of dealing with mid-boxes
[22:53:16] <HannesTschofenig> But ALIAS addressed them with a different motivation.
[22:55:39] <BP> But if you look at what is being proposed in LETIC (The WG that has evolved from ALIA), it appears to have the same intent (i.e deal with middle boxes such as NATs/firewalls etc.)
[22:56:15] <sob> then there is midcom
[22:57:28] <BP> Yep. But I thought midcom was going to be closed after the MIB work and the work to deal with NAT/fws was moved to NSIS. Dont ask me why? But that seems to be the wisdom in the area.
[22:58:05] <sob> I was going to close it quite a while ago but ...
[22:58:21] --- dumdidum has left
[22:58:52] <HannesTschofenig> Folks, the NSIS meeting is over. I will send the remaining slides soon.
[22:59:04] <sob> tnx for your reports
[22:59:04] <BP> That would have done the area a favor.
[22:59:11] <BP> Thx Hannes.
[22:59:30] --- galvinjamesm has left
[22:59:40] <HannesTschofenig> James Kempf LETIC is addressing a different problem. The focus on NSIS on NATs and Firewalls is narrow.
[22:59:57] <HannesTschofenig> OPES also deals with middleboxes but with a completely different type of middlebox.
[23:00:37] <sob> yes - opes can hardly be thought of in the same sentence with midcom/nsis
[23:01:40] --- BP has left
[23:01:49] --- admcd has left
[23:04:28] --- sob has left
[23:04:40] <HannesTschofenig> Here is Kim Hui Ling QoS presentation: http://www.tschofenig.com/nsis/IETF59/IETF_59_NSIS_Mobility_related_issues_for_the_QoS_NSLP.ppt
[23:05:36] <HannesTschofenig> Here is the presentation of Takako Sanda http://www.tschofenig.com/nsis/IETF59/IETF59_NSIS_mob_PreCRND.ppt
[23:20:47] --- jukkamanner has joined
[23:21:39] --- jukkamanner has left
[23:21:50] --- Jukka has joined
[23:28:40] --- HannesTschofenig has left: Disconnected
[23:39:03] --- Jukka has left
[00:00:00] --- sleinen has left