[12:50:24] --- admcd has joined
[12:54:49] * admcd has set the topic to: nsis working group
[12:56:29] <admcd> slides can be found from: http://www.ietf-nsis.org/
[12:56:48] --- bless has joined
[12:56:57] --- Jukka has joined
[12:57:02] * admcd has set the topic to: nat/fw nslp
[12:57:16] --- bless has left
[12:57:17] <admcd> martin now up, covering NAT/firewall nslp
[12:57:36] --- bless has joined
[12:57:37] --- bless has left: Lost connection
[12:58:50] <admcd> IPR claim received from Nortel Networks on 2004-12-14
[12:59:02] <admcd> claim can be found from ietf web site
[12:59:16] <admcd> John: not much we can do about this
[12:59:43] <admcd> John: (IANAL) patent claim is very broad, not sure should directly affect us
[12:59:53] --- acmacm has joined
[13:00:14] <admcd> lots of editorial changes in -05
[13:00:35] --- bless has joined
[13:00:35] --- bless has left: Lost connection
[13:00:45] <admcd> merged query message text into single section
[13:00:49] <admcd> aligned object formats with GIMPS
[13:01:10] <admcd> added information on compatibility flags as defined by GIMPS
[13:01:29] <admcd> changed response type object to proxy support object (more on this later)
[13:01:39] <admcd> removed scoping object
[13:01:46] <admcd> changes to NOTIFY
[13:01:58] <admcd> added appendix on "Object ID allocation for testing"
[13:02:21] <admcd> updated security considerations
[13:02:37] <admcd> integrated NAT/FW threats document into main draft
[13:03:01] <admcd> various open issues
[13:03:14] <admcd> introduced notion of 'deny' policy rules
[13:03:23] <admcd> reworked sections on proxy mode
[13:03:51] <admcd> proxy mode no longer default - need to explicitly signal to get proxy support
[13:04:04] --- bless has joined
[13:04:04] --- bless has left: Lost connection
[13:04:58] --- bless has joined
[13:04:58] --- bless has left: Lost connection
[13:04:59] <admcd> section added on upstream firewalls
[13:06:29] <admcd> issues related to receivers behind nats
[13:09:11] <admcd> open issues:
[13:09:11] --- bless has joined
[13:09:11] --- bless has left: Lost connection
[13:09:13] <admcd> security
[13:09:18] <admcd> details on UCREATE
[13:11:36] * admcd has set the topic to: 3GPP2 Firewall signaling requirements
[13:12:46] <admcd> official document from 3GPP2 - liaison statement also received
[13:13:14] <admcd> 3GPP2 identified requirement for endpoint to configure firewall
[13:13:27] <admcd> draft provides overview of requirements
[13:13:39] <admcd> pinhold creation
[13:13:48] <admcd> s/pinhold/pinhole/
[13:14:17] --- sureshk has joined
[13:16:11] --- bless has joined
[13:16:16] <admcd> pinhole deletion
[13:16:40] --- bless has left: Lost connection
[13:17:03] <admcd> packet filters
[13:18:45] --- admcd has left: Replaced by new connection
[13:18:46] --- admcd has joined
[13:19:06] <admcd> state update requirements
[13:19:25] <admcd> transport protocol preferences
[13:20:29] --- bless has joined
[13:21:00] --- bless has left: Lost connection
[13:21:04] <admcd> issues about retrieve current rules from firewall, and learning about firewall features
[13:22:40] <admcd> john: in a general sense, are these requirements something we can achieve?
[13:22:53] <admcd> what is level of interest in doing this in working group?
[13:24:49] <admcd> martin: 80% probably already handled, need to look at others
[13:25:31] <admcd> bob: puzzled by musts/shoulds
[13:25:37] --- bless has joined
[13:25:37] --- bless has left: Lost connection
[13:25:44] <admcd> john: need to discuss with 3gpp2 liaison
[13:35:47] --- bert has joined
[13:45:19] --- hp has joined
[13:48:42] * admcd has set the topic to: QSpec template
[13:55:50] --- jorma has joined
[13:56:32] --- bless has joined
[13:56:32] --- bless has left: Lost connection
[14:00:23] --- jorma has left
[14:00:31] --- jorma has joined
[14:00:48] --- jorma has left
[14:01:24] --- jorma has joined
[14:05:12] <admcd> various interesting arguments around microphone - Dave/Bob/Allison on QSpec objects
[14:05:35] --- admcd has left
[14:06:12] --- nsis has joined
[14:06:42] --- nsis has left: Lost connection
[14:06:46] --- jorma has left
[14:07:22] --- allison has joined
[14:08:51] <allison> agreement that at best non-DS/intserv objects need better definition in this spec because of interopability issues
[14:08:52] --- acmacm has left: Disconnected
[14:12:19] --- bless has joined
[14:12:48] --- bless has left: Lost connection
[14:16:47] --- bless has joined
[14:16:47] --- bless has left: Lost connection
[14:16:54] --- admcd has joined
[14:17:11] * admcd has set the topic to: RMD
[14:20:04] --- acmacm has joined
[14:24:42] --- bert has left: Replaced by new connection
[14:24:42] --- bert has joined
[14:27:23] --- wej has joined
[14:29:23] <admcd> David Black, top three concerns on RMD congestion issue:
[14:29:39] <admcd> on first mechanism - eats too many DSCPs
[14:30:11] <admcd> whole notion of congestion - there is some relationship to ECN signalling
[14:30:22] <admcd> reuse exisitng things where applicable
[14:30:28] <admcd> leads into RTECN draft
[14:30:51] <admcd> the kind of detection/response for RMD and RTECN are very similar
[14:41:02] --- allison has left: Logged out
[14:44:01] <acmacm> Interest
[14:45:51] * admcd has set the topic to: diamater qos application
[14:49:47] --- hp has left: Disconnected
[14:56:29] --- sureshk has left: Disconnected
[14:57:50] --- Jukka has left
[14:58:07] * admcd has set the topic to: nsis working group
[14:58:31] <admcd> question of whether interim meeting might be of interest - to be raised on mailing list
[14:58:53] --- admcd has left
[14:59:29] <acmacm> thanks for scribing admcd!
[14:59:58] --- acmacm has left
[15:05:35] --- wej has left
[15:16:32] --- bert has left