IETF
nwcrg
nwcrg@jabber.ietf.org
Friday, November 14, 2014< ^ >
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[09:01:16] badamson joins the room
[09:37:52] badamson leaves the room
[17:25:49] badamson joins the room
[17:43:28] Morten V. Pedersen joins the room
[17:51:39] Morten V. Pedersen leaves the room
[17:51:39] Morten V. Pedersen joins the room
[18:19:03] Morten V. Pedersen leaves the room
[18:19:04] Morten V. Pedersen joins the room
[18:22:23] Morten V. Pedersen leaves the room
[18:24:08] Morten V. Pedersen joins the room
[18:26:32] Morten V. Pedersen leaves the room
[18:30:24] Morten V. Pedersen joins the room
[18:44:16] badamson leaves the room
[18:56:30] Marie Montpetit joins the room
[18:58:30] lminiero joins the room
[18:58:46] Cedric Adjih joins the room
[19:00:06] Lars joins the room
[19:00:11] badamson joins the room
[19:01:31] mahoney@nostrum.com joins the room
[19:05:38] Morten V. Pedersen joins the room
[19:06:43] <Marie Montpetit> Am I the only one who does not see the slides
[19:07:22] Marie Montpetit leaves the room
[19:07:41] Marie Montpetit joins the room
[19:07:51] <Lars> are you on meetecho?
[19:07:56] <Marie Montpetit> yes
[19:08:09] <Cedric Adjih> (hi) cannot see slides either
[19:08:13] <Marie Montpetit> blue screen of death
[19:08:15] <Lars> anyone from meetecho in the jabber room?
[19:08:36] <Lars> do you see the video though?
[19:08:41] <Marie Montpetit> yes
[19:08:44] <Lars> ok
[19:09:03] <Lars> i can point the camera at the slides, so you can follow along with the downloaded ones from the agenda?
[19:09:09] <Marie Montpetit> ok I see now
[19:09:11] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 1 - Title: Tetrys, an On-The-Fly Network Coding protocol
[19:09:12] <Lars> ah ok
[19:09:24] <Lars> so all good?
[19:09:31] <Marie Montpetit> yes
[19:09:33] <Marie Montpetit> :-)
[19:09:46] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 2 - Note Well
[19:09:59] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 3 - Motivations and Goals
[19:10:30] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 4 - Use Cases
[19:11:00] Lars leaves the room
[19:11:56] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 5 - An End-to-End Approach
[19:12:04] Lisa Huang joins the room
[19:12:18] <mahoney@nostrum.com> a bit of technical difficulty
[19:12:23] <mahoney@nostrum.com> in showing the next slide
[19:12:59] <mahoney@nostrum.com> now up
[19:13:11] Lisa Huang leaves the room
[19:13:18] Lisa Huang joins the room
[19:14:12] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 6 - Encoding
[19:14:42] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 7 - Choosing the Coefficients
[19:15:20] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 8 - The encoding vectors
[19:15:46] Lisa Huang leaves the room
[19:16:01] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 9 - The decoding process
[19:16:38] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 10 - The feedback
[19:17:14] Lisa Huang joins the room
[19:17:39] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 11 - Conclusions
[19:17:43] <Marie Montpetit> It would be good to see the  presenter
[19:18:20] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[19:18:42] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[19:20:35] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Martin Peterson at mic
[19:20:45] <Marie Montpetit> Morten
[19:20:50] <mahoney@nostrum.com> thx!
[19:22:02] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Rich Chase (sp?)
[19:22:05] <mahoney@nostrum.com> at mic
[19:24:41] Cedric Adjih leaves the room
[19:25:25] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Vincent at mic
[19:26:02] Cedric Adjih joins the room
[19:26:14] <Marie Montpetit> No slides again
[19:26:26] <mahoney@nostrum.com> getting there
[19:26:31] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 1 - Title: Fulcrum Network Codes
[19:26:40] Lars joins the room
[19:26:49] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 2 - Network coding
[19:27:08] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 3 - Network coding
[19:27:14] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 4 - Network coding
[19:27:24] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 5 - Network coding
[19:27:29] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 6 - Network coding
[19:27:33] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 7 - Network coding
[19:27:44] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 8 - Network coding
[19:28:27] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 9 -  Network coding
[19:28:35] CedricAdjih joins the room
[19:29:30] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 10 - General Ideas
[19:30:51] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 11 - Encoder
[19:31:55] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 12 - Encoder
[19:32:15] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 13 - Decoder
[19:32:59] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 14 - decoder
[19:34:20] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 15 - Decoder
[19:34:37] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 16 - Combined decoder
[19:35:39] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 17 - # Received packets
[19:36:26] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 18 - Performance results: Encoder
[19:38:04] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 19 - Performance Results: Decoder
[19:38:12] CedricAdjih leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[19:38:13] CedricAdjih joins the room
[19:39:56] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 20 - Advantages
[19:41:56] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 21 - Thanks for your attention
[19:42:49] <mahoney@nostrum.com> vincent at mic
[19:44:12] <Marie Montpetit> Can the paper reference be posted
[19:44:26] <Marie Montpetit> And is the license the same as kodo?
[19:44:27] <CedricAdjih> http://arxiv.org/abs/1404.6620
[19:44:38] <CedricAdjih> (I guess :) )
[19:45:09] <Marie Montpetit> THank you
[19:45:28] <mahoney@nostrum.com> np
[19:45:33] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 1 - Title: Impact of Virtualization and SDN on Emerging Network Coding
[19:46:08] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 2 - Outline
[19:46:31] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 3 - Updates since IETF89
[19:47:12] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 4 - Plan for version 03
[19:47:58] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 5 - Plan for version 03
[19:48:21] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 6 - Plan for version 03
[19:49:41] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 8 - Plan for version 03
[19:50:11] <mahoney@nostrum.com> slide 7 hidden
[19:50:21] <mahoney@nostrum.com> slide 7
[19:51:00] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 8 - Plan for version 03
[19:51:33] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 9 - Plan for version 03
[19:51:57] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Lars at mic
[19:53:38] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 10 - Plan for version 03
[19:54:17] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 11 - Plan for version 03
[19:54:30] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 12 - An Example
[19:55:45] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 13 - What's Next?
[19:56:09] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[19:56:39] <Marie Montpetit> I suppose you propose to use NC in the controller based on some policy decision?
[19:59:19] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Morton at mic
[19:59:58] <mahoney@nostrum.com> vincent at mic
[20:00:31] Ichrak Amdouni joins the room
[20:00:45] <mahoney@nostrum.com> morten at mic
[20:01:06] CedricAdjih leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[20:01:06] CedricAdjih joins the room
[20:01:06] Ichrak Amdouni leaves the room
[20:01:52] <Marie Montpetit> There are many tutorials on NC on the web
[20:02:16] <mahoney@nostrum.com> do I take that to mic?
[20:02:19] Ichrak Amdouni joins the room
[20:02:21] <Marie Montpetit> please
[20:02:36] CedricAdjih leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[20:02:37] CedricAdjih joins the room
[20:02:48] <Marie Montpetit> Maybe just make a list of those?
[20:04:00] <Marie Montpetit> I made one a few months back and I would be happy to share
[20:04:10] CedricAdjih leaves the room
[20:04:11] CedricAdjih joins the room
[20:04:13] <Marie Montpetit> for software implementers
[20:04:39] <Marie Montpetit> I could upload mine
[20:05:39] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 1 - Title: Network Coding Architecture
[20:06:50] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 2 - Overview
[20:09:19] <Marie Montpetit> Comment: The innovation should also be in code design
[20:09:25] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 3 - Use cases
[20:10:27] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 4 - Use case 1
[20:11:52] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Bhumip? at mic
[20:12:20] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[20:12:41] <mahoney@nostrum.com> sorry - missed your comment.
[20:12:50] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Is it stil timely?
[20:13:08] <mahoney@nostrum.com> stil/still
[20:14:18] <Marie Montpetit> it's fine
[20:14:44] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Lars at mic
[20:15:59] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[20:17:15] <mahoney@nostrum.com> lars at mic
[20:18:02] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[20:18:10] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Lars at mic
[20:19:54] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[20:20:19] <Marie Montpetit> This is the original TCP with NC - kernel implementation - it was very controversial and as a kernel app is not very practical
[20:20:21] CedricAdjih leaves the room
[20:20:22] CedricAdjih joins the room
[20:20:33] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Bhumip at mic
[20:20:34] CedricAdjih leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[20:20:35] CedricAdjih joins the room
[20:20:44] <mahoney@nostrum.com> in line for your comment
[20:20:57] Cedric Adjih leaves the room
[20:22:30] Cedric Adjih joins the room
[20:22:41] Lars leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[20:22:44] Lars joins the room
[20:25:09] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Morten at mic
[20:25:32] <Marie Montpetit> Thanks Morten!
[20:25:48] <Marie Montpetit> We should concentrate on stuff that makes sense
[20:26:02] Lisa Huang leaves the room
[20:26:37] Lars leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[20:26:48] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 5 - Use case 2
[20:27:48] <Marie Montpetit> This does not need to be multipath - and this iis a link to TAPS
[20:29:06] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 6 - Use case 3
[20:30:58] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[20:31:11] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 7 - Use case 4
[20:32:33] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Lars at mic
[20:32:43] <Marie Montpetit> For the room: we suggested separating MPLS from IPSEC
[20:33:10] <mahoney@nostrum.com> in line
[20:33:28] CedricAdjih leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[20:33:28] CedricAdjih joins the room
[20:33:36] Cedric Adjih leaves the room
[20:33:39] Cedric Adjih joins the room
[20:34:00] <mahoney@nostrum.com> still
[20:34:16] Lars joins the room
[20:35:01] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 8 - Use case 5
[20:36:03] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[20:36:17] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 6 - Use case 3
[20:36:45] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 9 - some terminology
[20:36:50] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Vincent
[20:37:14] <Marie Montpetit> I agree
[20:37:22] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 4 - Use case 1
[20:37:22] <Marie Montpetit> with Vincent
[20:37:58] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 9 - some terminology
[20:39:40] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 10 - some terminology... con't
[20:40:47] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[20:40:57] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Morten at mic
[20:41:29] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[20:42:39] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Morten at mic
[20:42:46] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[20:43:40] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Morten at mic
[20:44:05] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 11 - Close-up
[20:45:11] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 12 - An Example
[20:46:00] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 13 - More about FEC terminology
[20:47:46] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[20:49:19] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 14 - More about FEC terminology... cont
[20:49:33] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 15 - Network Coding System Decomposition
[20:50:38] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[20:51:32] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Victor at mic
[20:51:47] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 16 - Network coding functional areas and building blocks 1/3
[20:53:35] <Marie Montpetit> Isn't that more the protocol than the "reliability"?
[20:53:51] <Cedric Adjih> I agree with this comment
[20:53:57] <Marie Montpetit> :-)
[20:54:01] <mahoney@nostrum.com> at mic
[20:54:21] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Bhumip at mic
[20:54:25] <mahoney@nostrum.com> i
[20:54:33] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Im in line
[20:54:39] <Marie Montpetit> The protocol :-)
[20:56:42] <Marie Montpetit> The way "reliability" is defined it's a protocol definition
[20:57:10] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 17 - Network coding functional areas and building blocks 2/3
[20:57:53] <Marie Montpetit> I do no think we should have NC CC - there is a chanc e that multpiple flavors of NC ot TCP could co-exist - but you can disagree with me
[20:58:39] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 18 -  Network coding functional areas and building blocks 3/3
[20:59:21] <Marie Montpetit> Network coding has been successfully implemented without in network
[20:59:29] <Marie Montpetit> I have seen it in operational networks
[20:59:49] <Marie Montpetit> point to  point
[21:00:11] <mahoney@nostrum.com> in line
[21:00:22] <Marie Montpetit> I am sorry - I make you work hard
[21:00:27] <mahoney@nostrum.com> np
[21:01:15] <Marie Montpetit> Disagree!
[21:01:40] <Marie Montpetit> No
[21:01:50] <Marie Montpetit> but the essence is not in network
[21:02:19] <Marie Montpetit> RLNC does in network but it's not the only solution
[21:03:08] <mahoney@nostrum.com> in line
[21:03:18] <Marie Montpetit> I think coded transport is a good goal
[21:04:08] <Marie Montpetit> P2P is maybe better than multipath
[21:04:24] <Cedric Adjih> comment: in multi-hop wireless networks, this could be however easier (e.g. there are multi-path routing drafts in MANET)
[21:04:44] <Marie Montpetit> Cedric: agree
[21:05:09] <Marie Montpetit> It's the original TCP NC that had in network
[21:07:31] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Bhumip at mic
[21:07:44] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 19 - Conclusions
[21:07:49] <Marie Montpetit> We also did work on encrypting the coefficients for content protection
[21:08:24] <mahoney@nostrum.com> in line
[21:09:26] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Vincent at mic
[21:10:00] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[21:11:51] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Morten at mic
[21:12:31] <Marie Montpetit> Morten: agree - I call that federation of solutions
[21:12:57] <mahoney@nostrum.com> in line
[21:14:48] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Lars at mic
[21:16:00] <Marie Montpetit> I like the idea of the collab with the other working group (no need to go to the mic)
[21:16:07] <mahoney@nostrum.com> ok
[21:16:47] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[21:16:53] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Lars at mic
[21:17:35] <Marie Montpetit> Who is talking with them?
[21:17:45] <mahoney@nostrum.com> ?
[21:18:14] <Marie Montpetit> Victor said hey were talking with the congestion control people; I saw nothing on the list.
[21:18:37] <mahoney@nostrum.com> take to mic?
[21:19:04] <Marie Montpetit> Lars will see it - it's ok
[21:19:11] <mahoney@nostrum.com> ok
[21:19:42] <Lars> they may have talked privately between the chairs. i have not seen anything oublic either.
[21:20:26] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[21:21:05] <Marie Montpetit> My concern is all the IPR in the field - can we start considering Open Source solutions at least for research purposes?
[21:21:13] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Morten at mic
[21:21:16] <mahoney@nostrum.com> in line
[21:21:57] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Slide 15 - Network Coding System Decomposition
[21:24:51] <Marie Montpetit> yes creating
[21:25:06] <mahoney@nostrum.com> morten at mic
[21:25:41] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[21:25:44] <Marie Montpetit> Morten: I agree
[21:25:54] <Marie Montpetit> (no mic)
[21:25:57] <mahoney@nostrum.com> k
[21:26:40] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Victor at mic
[21:27:28] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[21:28:15] <Marie Montpetit> I guess guys and girls?
[21:28:18] <Marie Montpetit> :-)
[21:28:24] <Marie Montpetit> (no mic)
[21:28:27] <mahoney@nostrum.com> :-)
[21:28:52] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[21:28:56] <mahoney@nostrum.com> morten at mic
[21:29:00] <mahoney@nostrum.com> jonathan
[21:29:13] <mahoney@nostrum.com> Brian at mic
[21:29:19] <Marie Montpetit> I am
[21:29:34] <Marie Montpetit> Thanks have safe travels back!
[21:29:36] <mahoney@nostrum.com> It's been a pleasure helping out
[21:29:43] <mahoney@nostrum.com> thanks, I'm flying out today
[21:29:45] <Marie Montpetit> thanks a lot
[21:29:48] badamson leaves the room
[21:29:52] Marie Montpetit leaves the room
[21:30:01] mahoney@nostrum.com leaves the room
[21:30:31] Lars leaves the room
[21:34:18] lminiero leaves the room
[21:34:32] Cedric Adjih leaves the room
[21:42:43] Morten V. Pedersen leaves the room
[22:17:35] Morten V. Pedersen leaves the room
[22:17:52] Morten V. Pedersen joins the room
[23:33:51] Morten V. Pedersen leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!