IETF
oauth@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, 17 November 2011< ^ >
stpeter has set the subject to: OAuth WG | http://tools.ietf.org/wg/oauth/
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[02:15:27] Heather Flanagan joins the room
[02:15:37] Heather Flanagan leaves the room
[04:57:26] Satoru Kanno joins the room
[04:57:32] Satoru Kanno leaves the room
[04:58:07] yone joins the room
[05:00:48] Yuri Nawata joins the room
[05:02:28] sftcd joins the room
[05:03:11] m&m joins the room
[05:03:36] rlb joins the room
[05:03:43] <rlb> hola
[05:04:09] Satoru Kanno joins the room
[05:05:26] <sftcd> the jabber room is fairly empty, are folks elsewhere as well?
[05:06:49] Barry Leiba joins the room
[05:06:55] bkihara.l joins the room
[05:08:41] sm joins the room
[05:08:47] weiyinxing joins the room
[05:09:06] <rlb> anyone here who's not in the physical room?
[05:10:26] <rlb> i'll take that as a "no"
[05:10:32] <m&m> *crickets*
[05:10:54] <Barry Leiba> Thomas and James are on WebEx, but that seems to be all.
[05:11:21] kazubu joins the room
[05:15:01] kazubu leaves the room
[05:15:19] kazubu joins the room
[05:15:44] wilmer joins the room
[05:18:51] tlyu joins the room
[05:28:58] cabo joins the room
[05:33:37] =JeffH joins the room
[05:36:24] wmills92105 joins the room
[05:36:49] <wmills92105> From the sideliens I will say that a mandatory token type is a BAD idea
[05:38:17] semery joins the room
[05:38:34] <wmills92105> Having a mandatory token type doesn't solve the problem, what we need is discovery of what toekn types are supported and who the accepted authenticators are
[05:38:59] <rlb> even if you had a negotiation mechanism, you need an MTI baseline
[05:39:09] <wmills92105> There is a discovery spec that has been discussed.
[05:39:33] <wmills92105> MAC tokens or some form of signed token are interesting
[05:39:43] psa joins the room
[05:39:52] <m&m> wmills92105: do you want me to relay for you?
[05:40:02] stpeter joins the room
[05:40:05] psa leaves the room
[05:40:13] sakimura joins the room
[05:42:32] tlodderstedt joins the room
[05:43:09] tandonghui joins the room
[05:43:54] <sftcd> for remote folks: the usual thing here if you want something stated at the mic is to preface your comments with "mic:" and we'll get someone to stand up and say whatever it is
[05:44:23] <m&m> I'm willing to relay for anyone remote
[05:47:00] <wmills92105> his audio is VERY loud, he's too close to the mic or soemthing.
[05:47:12] <wmills92105> not sure if you are getting that same noise in the room
[05:47:29] <m&m> not quite … it's loud, but not overbearingly
[05:47:31] <m&m> IMO
[05:47:32] <sftcd> audible enough here, barry's fiddling
[05:47:38] <wmills92105> ok
[05:47:52] m&m notes he may not be the best aural judge
[05:51:45] <sftcd> http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/82/slides/oauth-4.pdf slide 5 right now
[05:53:45] <sftcd> slide 6
[05:55:26] weiyinxing leaves the room
[05:56:05] <wmills92105> ah, the WebEx audio is far superior to the audio stream
[05:56:15] <sftcd> bill please mute ifyou're on jabber
[05:56:25] <wmills92105> will do
[05:56:36] <m&m> thanks
[05:57:08] <wmills92105> better?
[05:57:12] <sftcd> we hear someone hacking at their keyboard in the background - everyone stop typing:-)
[05:57:14] <Barry Leiba> yes
[05:57:19] <sftcd> right now yes
[05:57:25] <wmills92105> mea culpa
[05:59:17] <sftcd> slide 7
[05:59:56] <sftcd> (actually I think he's talking about slide 8 now, but 7 is on screen)
[06:15:51] Francisco Arias joins the room
[06:16:24] Francisco Arias leaves the room
[06:16:49] <wmills92105> shoudln't the slides be showing in WebEx?
[06:17:30] <tlyu> it looks like the slides are being shown in Preview.app, so probably not.
[06:17:46] <sftcd> 'fraid not they're on the materials page
[06:17:50] <sftcd> url in a 'mo
[06:18:06] <wmills92105> no worries, I was just wondering if I broke it
[06:18:16] Thomas Hardjono joins the room
[06:18:27] <wmills92105> I can go to the resource page for this session I think
[06:18:33] <sftcd> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/82/materials.html
[06:18:40] <sftcd> go down to oauth
[06:19:06] <sftcd> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/82/slides/oauth-2.pdf is this one
[06:19:11] <Barry Leiba> We're on this set: OAuth 2.0 and Internet Standard Protocols
[06:19:36] <sftcd> slide 6 now
[06:19:51] <sftcd> sorty 7
[06:19:57] <Barry Leiba> Current slide says (1) discover the environment, and starts with "Assumptions"
[06:20:01] <sftcd> slide 8
[06:20:07] <sftcd> 9
[06:20:16] <sftcd> 10 - he's flying:-)
[06:20:37] <m&m> he's gotta (-:
[06:20:53] <m&m> reminds me of my presentation in Quebéc
[06:21:30] <sftcd> 1
[06:21:33] <sftcd> 12
[06:21:53] <sftcd> 13
[06:21:59] <sftcd> 14
[06:23:04] <tlyu> are German smart quotes valid for parameter quoting?
[06:23:31] <m&m> they are for a strawman (-:
[06:24:01] <sftcd> 15
[06:24:10] <m&m> imo, the meaning is conveyed … the specific syntax can get nailed down when we have a −00
[06:24:17] Thomas Hardjono leaves the room
[06:24:19] <sftcd> 16
[06:24:23] Thomas Hardjono joins the room
[06:24:47] <sftcd> 18
[06:26:09] <sftcd> 19
[06:26:39] <sftcd> 20
[06:27:08] <wmills92105> If onlye hte slides were actually numbered. ah well.
[06:28:43] <wmills92105> counterfeit resource servers are a significant problem, and we dont' have a good way to solve this yet. It's also not clear that there's a way to solve this in general
[06:29:13] <sftcd> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/82/slides/oauth-3.pdf
[06:29:15] <wmills92105> There are models where the auth server does not know all of the resource servers.
[06:29:42] <sftcd> slide 2
[06:29:56] <sftcd> flicking slides, 5 seconds each
[06:30:26] <sftcd> unnumbered slide 7:-)
[06:30:52] <sftcd> 9
[06:31:00] tandonghui leaves the room: Computer went to sleep
[06:31:27] <Thomas Hardjono> Is Mike suggesting that the OpenID-Connect specs be brought into OAUTH WG ?
[06:31:47] <sftcd> thomas: if for the mic put "mic:" first
[06:31:52] <sftcd> slide 10
[06:32:00] <m&m> if you want something asked on the mic (and you're not in the room), start with "mic:"
[06:32:16] <Thomas Hardjono> Thanks, yes that was for the Mic
[06:32:20] <m&m> I'm sitting right next to the mic, so it's easy to do
[06:32:21] <m&m> ok
[06:32:21] <sftcd> it says "yes to everything" copies from the end of Ulysses
[06:33:06] <sftcd> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/82/slides/oauth-1.pdf
[06:33:18] <Thomas Hardjono> ok thanks Mike.
[06:33:26] <sftcd> slide 2
[06:33:36] <sftcd> 2
[06:33:38] <sftcd> 3
[06:34:37] <sftcd> 4
[06:35:19] <sftcd> 5
[06:35:45] <sftcd> 6
[06:36:34] <sftcd> end of pressie
[06:36:38] <m&m> any comments?
[06:38:44] <m&m> line forms
[06:39:07] <Thomas Hardjono> Mic: we need to work on some form of dynamic client registration (priority). I believe the OpenID-Connect specs also has a regis. protocol.
[06:39:22] Barry Leiba leaves the room
[06:39:32] <wmills92105> lost audio
[06:40:01] <m&m> still gone?
[06:40:14] <wmills92105> yes
[06:40:23] <Thomas Hardjono> Webex still running, but no hearing anything fro meeting room.
[06:40:40] <sftcd> try fall back to meeting audio?
[06:40:43] <wmills92105> I heard Thomas ping on the Webex
[06:40:50] <m&m> BSOD FTL
[06:40:51] <sftcd> webex died on Barrt
[06:41:02] <cabo> Webex does that to you...
[06:41:05] <sftcd> not gonna call back
[06:41:10] <=JeffH> s/Barrt/Barry/
[06:41:10] <stpeter> you'll need ot listen to the audio stream
[06:41:17] <Thomas Hardjono> ok. thanks.
[06:41:22] <sftcd> http://tools.ietf.org/images/audio.gif
[06:41:27] <sftcd> that's not it
[06:41:34] <m&m> well, I'll relay your comment Thomas (-:
[06:41:36] <wmills92105> that works. droping webex
[06:41:38] <sftcd> http://ietf82streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf823.m3u
[06:44:17] <sftcd> is there none of this that someone despises? doesn't sound like the IETF
[06:44:37] <stpeter> :P
[06:46:19] <wmills92105> MIC: I think discovery is important, though I think the Simple Web Discovery isn't exactly what I'm envisioning. It's a good starting point.
[06:48:30] <wmills92105> Eran has also changed jobs recently, so I think he hasn't had time to focus on the IETF work.
[06:49:44] <Thomas Hardjono> Mic: suggest the question from Peter should be asked to the list.
[06:50:06] <m&m> ok
[06:50:22] <m&m> wmills first, me second, Tomas third
[06:50:22] <wmills92105> MIC: Dynamic client registration is also somethign we need.
[06:50:46] <sftcd> @wmills92105: all of this will go to the list
[06:52:47] sm leaves the room
[06:55:30] tandonghui joins the room
[06:55:42] <m&m> anything else
[06:55:44] <m&m> ?
[06:58:28] rlb leaves the room
[06:59:05] <m&m> grazíe
[06:59:09] m&m leaves the room
[06:59:09] yone leaves the room: コンピューターが休止します
[06:59:12] sftcd leaves the room
[06:59:17] tlyu leaves the room
[06:59:21] tlodderstedt leaves the room
[06:59:32] <wmills92105> @m&m: thanks for relaying.
[06:59:35] semery leaves the room
[06:59:51] <Thomas Hardjono> Bye all.
[06:59:53] Thomas Hardjono leaves the room
[06:59:54] bkihara.l leaves the room
[06:59:57] <wmills92105> Bye
[06:59:58] Satoru Kanno leaves the room
[07:00:01] wmills92105 leaves the room
[07:00:20] sakimura leaves the room
[07:00:24] tandonghui leaves the room: Computer went to sleep
[07:01:31] =JeffH leaves the room: Logged out
[07:01:31] kazubu leaves the room
[07:05:31] cabo leaves the room
[07:07:32] yone joins the room
[07:08:01] yone leaves the room
[07:13:32] cabo joins the room
[07:18:13] rlb joins the room
[07:20:05] rlb leaves the room
[07:20:26] rlb joins the room
[07:20:36] kazubu joins the room
[07:20:54] semery joins the room
[07:21:54] rlb leaves the room
[07:22:18] semery leaves the room
[08:09:20] kazubu leaves the room
[08:09:20] stpeter leaves the room
[09:20:13] sakimura joins the room
[09:25:05] wilmer leaves the room
[09:27:45] cabo leaves the room
[09:37:34] cabo joins the room
[11:42:37] sakimura leaves the room
[11:55:47] cabo leaves the room
[11:56:41] sakimura joins the room
[14:02:04] sakimura leaves the room
[14:10:00] sakimura joins the room
[15:43:21] sakimura leaves the room
[15:48:17] sakimura joins the room
[15:49:36] sakimura leaves the room
[15:50:12] sakimura joins the room
[15:52:10] sakimura leaves the room
[16:01:59] sakimura joins the room
[16:04:38] sakimura leaves the room
[16:07:05] sakimura joins the room
[16:09:22] sakimura leaves the room
[16:10:58] sakimura joins the room
[16:22:48] sakimura leaves the room
[16:23:35] sakimura joins the room
[16:32:10] sakimura leaves the room
[16:32:51] sakimura joins the room
[16:44:06] cabo joins the room
[16:47:10] sakimura leaves the room
[16:47:47] sakimura joins the room
[17:17:36] sakimura leaves the room
[17:20:31] sakimura joins the room
[17:22:50] sakimura leaves the room
[17:24:30] sakimura joins the room
[17:42:58] sakimura leaves the room
[17:43:16] sakimura joins the room
[17:47:18] sakimura leaves the room
[17:47:52] sakimura joins the room
[18:07:42] sakimura leaves the room
[18:08:10] sakimura joins the room
[18:32:16] sakimura leaves the room
[23:10:31] sakimura joins the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!