IETF
oauth@jabber.ietf.org
Wednesday, July 31, 2013< ^ >
Barry Leiba has set the subject to: OAuth WG | http://tools.ietf.org/wg/oauth/ | IETF 85 audio stream: http://ietf85streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf854.m3u
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[06:53:18] ru2def joins the room
[06:53:41] ru2def leaves the room
[06:55:29] yuioku.yj joins the room
[06:58:36] Justin Richer joins the room
[06:59:44] Melinda joins the room
[07:03:20] sa10kan3@gmail.com joins the room
[07:03:36] Barry Leiba joins the room
[07:03:47] Phil Hunt joins the room
[07:03:48] andrey.uzunov joins the room
[07:04:28] Trent Adams joins the room
[07:04:34] m&m joins the room
[07:04:51] <Trent Adams> Morning - I'll be your Jabber room voice.
[07:04:58] m&m leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[07:04:59] Andrew Biggs joins the room
[07:05:05] m&m joins the room
[07:05:07] <Trent Adams> If you want to say something in the room, please prepend your comment with MIC:
[07:05:09] <Barry Leiba> And a fine voice it is.
[07:05:11] Andrew Biggs leaves the room
[07:05:15] <Trent Adams> :P
[07:05:21] adb joins the room
[07:05:59] <Trent Adams> Going over the Milestone Status list
[07:07:35] <Justin Richer> use cases latest draft: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-oauth-use-cases-03
[07:08:29] <Trent Adams> A few folks in the room are willing to review the draft, their names captured by Hannes
[07:09:19] <Trent Adams> Status: Assertion Documents are in WGLC
[07:09:50] <Trent Adams> Status: "Token Revocation" document in RFC Editor queue (should take a couple months, depending on queue)
[07:09:56] <Trent Adams> Agenda slide
[07:10:46] <Trent Adams> Tony Nadelin at the Mic
[07:10:49] kohei.kasamatsu130 joins the room
[07:11:51] <Trent Adams> Preparing for first presentation
[07:12:53] <Trent Adams> Chairs are looking for the slides… please stand by....
[07:13:14] <Trent Adams> … your attendance is important to us… please stand by ...
[07:13:29] <Justin Richer> cue the soft jazz
[07:13:38] SM joins the room
[07:13:51] Trent Adams hums
[07:13:52] wolfgang.beck01@gmail.com joins the room
[07:14:17] wolfgang.beck01@gmail.com leaves the room
[07:14:17] <Trent Adams> John Bradley is now fiddling with his laptop video adaptor
[07:14:20] steffi joins the room
[07:14:35] <Phil Hunt> please do not adjust your set, we will be back to regular programming shortly
[07:14:49] <Justin Richer> I just sent Hannes the slides again, if he needs them
[07:15:03] <Trent Adams> Everyone is now emailing slides all over the place
[07:15:20] <Trent Adams> Slides!
[07:15:44] <Trent Adams> Mike Jones just sent the slides to the discussion list so you can play along at home
[07:16:03] <Trent Adams> Presentation: Dynamic Client Registration
[07:16:08] <Trent Adams> Presenter: John Bradley
[07:16:17] <Trent Adams> Slide: Document History
[07:17:48] <Trent Adams> Summary: Mash-up of UMA and OpenID Connect
[07:18:09] <Trent Adams> Slide: What's this for?
[07:18:40] <Trent Adams> Summary: Authorization server talking to client
[07:19:02] <Trent Adams> Slide: Use Cases
[07:23:06] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[07:23:13] <Trent Adams> Slide: The Spec does not define
[07:24:34] <Trent Adams> New Section: Current Draft Status
[07:24:48] <Trent Adams> Slide: Since IETF86 (Draft-08)
[07:25:43] <Trent Adams> Correction:Slide: Since IETF 86 [ Draft-08 ]
[07:25:51] <Trent Adams> At the Mic: Leif J.
[07:25:54] <Justin Richer> I liked the sunglasses ;)
[07:26:02] <Trent Adams> :P
[07:26:14] <Justin Richer> This slide is the diff between −08 and −14, more or less
[07:26:42] <Trent Adams> Slide: Where we're at now
[07:27:01] <Trent Adams> Draft −14 is the current draft
[07:28:16] <Trent Adams> At the Mic: Hannes
[07:28:35] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[07:28:37] <Trent Adams> Phil Hunt: How many implementations outside of connect
[07:28:55] <Trent Adams> Mike Jones: asked about Blue Button
[07:29:03] <Trent Adams> At the Mic: Hannes
[07:29:26] <Justin Richer> Mic: Blue Button actually has nothing to do with OIDC, but it's using the OAuth Dyn Reg directly, with some pilot implementations being worked on now
[07:29:35] kohei.kasamatsu130 leaves the room
[07:29:36] <Trent Adams> At the Mic: Leif J.
[07:30:56] <Trent Adams> Justin: Read into the room
[07:31:05] <Justin Richer> Trent: Heard, thanks
[07:31:11] <Trent Adams> :)
[07:31:57] <Trent Adams> At the Mic: Tony N.
[07:32:23] <Trent Adams> Slide: Moving Forward
[07:32:31] <Trent Adams> At the Mic: Leif
[07:33:16] <Trent Adams> At the Mic: Phil Hunt
[07:34:46] <Trent Adams> At the Mic: Paul Hoffman
[07:35:20] <Trent Adams> Discussion: Should the document be in WGLC
[07:36:26] <Justin Richer> This was my understanding, too — that we'd go in parallel
[07:37:21] <Trent Adams> Justin: Do you want that read into the room?
[07:37:31] <Trent Adams> At the Mic: Phil H.
[07:37:39] <Justin Richer> Trent: no that's OK, just echoing here
[07:37:47] Robin Wilton joins the room
[07:38:45] <Trent Adams> End of presentation
[07:39:44] <Trent Adams> New Presentation: OAuth 2 SCIM Client Registration & Software Statement Exchange
[07:39:46] Melinda leaves the room
[07:39:51] <Trent Adams> Presenter: Phil Hunt
[07:40:36] <Trent Adams> Slide: Oauth-SCIM-Client-Reg Intro
[07:40:44] Melinda joins the room
[07:42:32] <Trent Adams> Slide: Agenda
[07:42:47] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[07:43:04] <Trent Adams> Slide: Basic Flow
[07:47:07] <Trent Adams> At the Mic: John Bradley
[07:48:14] <Justin Richer> what was said off-mic just there?
[07:48:20] <Justin Richer> or was it not important?
[07:48:22] <Trent Adams> Tony N. said something in the room about another proposal … will be picked up later in the presenation
[07:48:27] <Justin Richer> ok, thanks
[07:48:52] <Trent Adams> Slide: Example Client Representation
[07:50:20] <Justin Richer> Mic: I'm still nervous about people doing parsing and comparison on software_version instead of a direct string-compare
[07:50:48] <Trent Adams> Slide: Software Statement
[07:51:25] <Trent Adams> Justin: Read into the room
[07:51:49] <Justin Richer> thanks
[07:54:35] <Trent Adams> At the Mic: Hannes
[07:54:58] <Trent Adams> Slide: Security Consideration
[07:55:34] <Trent Adams> At the Mic: Robin Wilton
[07:57:15] <Justin Richer> Mic: In my opinion, it makes the most sense for this to be a separate draft for both the SCIM and the software statement,
[07:57:33] <Justin Richer> Mic: with software statement sitting on top of both dyn reg and the scim version
[07:57:35] <Trent Adams> At the Mic: John Bradley
[08:00:48] <Justin Richer> I should stop talking in first person
[08:00:52] semery joins the room
[08:00:54] <Trent Adams> At the Mic: Tony N
[08:00:59] Trent Adams grins
[08:01:06] <Trent Adams> Justin: Read into the room
[08:01:27] <Justin Richer> Mic: Tony, what are you talking about? The schema is extensible. OIDC extends it, for instance.
[08:02:18] <Trent Adams> Just: Read into the room (with dramatic emphasis)
[08:02:24] <Justin Richer> I heard :-P
[08:02:25] <Trent Adams> At the Mic: Paul Hoffman
[08:05:22] <Trent Adams> Much room chatter
[08:05:23] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[08:05:56] <Trent Adams> (scattered responses about NIST / NSTIC status confusion)
[08:06:13] <Trent Adams> The queue is building
[08:06:43] <Trent Adams> Queue: Paul, John Bradley, Leif J.
[08:07:30] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: John B.
[08:09:28] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[08:09:59] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Leif J.
[08:10:21] <Trent Adams> Back in queue: Paul H.
[08:10:57] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Paul H.
[08:12:02] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Mike Jones
[08:14:39] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Hannes
[08:14:49] <Justin Richer> Mic: to be clear, "what we have today" isn't just OpenID Connect
[08:14:50] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Mike J.
[08:15:11] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Tony N
[08:16:23] <Trent Adams> Justin: Read into the room
[08:16:27] <Justin Richer> man it's hard to inject commentary with such a delay
[08:16:34] <Trent Adams> Slide: Software Statement Flow
[08:17:22] <Trent Adams> Justin: Yeah, sorry about that, I jump in queue when you call for it, but by the time I get to the mic the conversation may have shifted such that if you were in the room you'd likely change your comment to be more apropos.
[08:18:15] <Trent Adams> Room chatter
[08:18:17] <Justin Richer> Mic: The problem that Justin has with this is that there's not always a relationship with the API publisher. You also need to have open registration with self-asserted values.
[08:18:24] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Brian Campbel
[08:18:25] <Justin Richer> (see, third person!)
[08:19:43] <Trent Adams> Justin: Read into the room
[08:19:58] <Trent Adams> Slide: Software Statement Exchange Flow
[08:20:48] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Leif J.
[08:21:34] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Tordsten
[08:23:25] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: John B.
[08:24:06] sftcd joins the room
[08:24:49] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Tony N.
[08:25:22] <Trent Adams> (tony and John continue to bicker)
[08:25:35] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Tordsten
[08:26:16] <Trent Adams> (John Bradley likes to respond from his chair, despite my nasty looks)
[08:27:04] <Justin Richer> Trent, you can glare at John from me as well. Double-glare.
[08:27:14] Trent Adams chuckles
[08:28:12] <Justin Richer> Mic: This just moves where that data exchange happens, it doesn't eliminate or simplify it. This just makes the pre-registration step service-specific.
[08:28:18] cabo joins the room
[08:28:21] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Robin W.
[08:29:22] <Trent Adams> Justin: let me know if the conversation moves beyond your comment
[08:29:32] <Justin Richer> Trent: I believe it has
[08:29:40] <Trent Adams> out of que?
[08:29:51] <Justin Richer> yeah, sorry
[08:30:02] <Trent Adams> No worries.
[08:30:34] <Justin Richer> If only we had devices that allowed us to talk to each other over long distances, some kind of distance-audio … maybe I'll call it a tele-phone?
[08:31:16] <Trent Adams> Amusingly, your statements read into the room are the most clear and concise.
[08:31:34] <Trent Adams> You have to carefully consider them whereas in the room the comments meander more.
[08:31:48] <Trent Adams> Besides, yours are the only ones that are captured in text verbatim!
[08:32:07] <Justin Richer> Mic: How does this consider one piece of software talking to multiple authorization servers?
[08:32:08] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: John B.
[08:32:27] <Justin Richer> (and I think john is starting to get into part of this)
[08:32:54] <Trent Adams> Justin: pull me out of queue if he hits your point
[08:33:01] <Justin Richer> ok, he hasn't
[08:33:06] <Justin Richer> it went in a different direction
[08:34:27] <Trent Adams> the queue-jumping is crazy!
[08:34:40] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Leif
[08:34:57] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Tordsten
[08:35:09] <Justin Richer> yeah, it's a lot to follow at 4am
[08:35:30] <Trent Adams> hard to follow at 10:35am in the room
[08:35:33] <Trent Adams> :P
[08:35:33] <Justin Richer> hah
[08:35:48] <Trent Adams> (still in queue)
[08:36:44] <Trent Adams> (so close)
[08:37:05] <Robin Wilton> at 4am I go beyond "concise" and into "terse' ;^)
[08:37:08] <Justin Richer> Mic: (quick followup) It's not an arbitrarily parallel spec, they need to fit together
[08:38:12] SM leaves the room
[08:38:20] <Trent Adams> Justin: Did that cover your question?  Or should I get it in front of Phil so he can answer?
[08:38:25] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Lucy Lynch
[08:38:29] SM joins the room
[08:38:31] <Justin Richer> Trent: close enough
[08:38:35] <Trent Adams> ack
[08:39:03] <Justin Richer> I would clap for Lucy if I were in the room.
[08:39:23] <Justin Richer> hah
[08:39:28] <Trent Adams> Justin: Clapped for you
[08:39:32] <Justin Richer> yeah ....
[08:39:48] <Trent Adams> Apparently I am Justin's hand puppet
[08:40:01] <Justin Richer> Oh, the wonderful power I wield!
[08:40:09] <Trent Adams> End of Presentation
[08:40:17] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Hannes
[08:40:26] <Trent Adams> Back on Mic: Phil H
[08:41:00] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Hannes
[08:41:35] <Trent Adams> Half a dozen hands half-heartedly go in the air
[08:42:07] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Derek
[08:42:25] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Phil H.
[08:43:57] <Trent Adams> Presentation: JSON Web Token Status (no slides)
[08:44:30] <Trent Adams> Presentor: Mike Jones
[08:44:43] adb leaves the room
[08:46:12] <Trent Adams> About three hands
[08:46:32] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Hannes
[08:46:49] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Mike J.
[08:46:51] <Trent Adams> End of Presentation
[08:47:22] <Trent Adams> Presentation: OAuth & Assertions
[08:47:36] <Trent Adams> Presentor: Brian Campbell
[08:47:43] <Trent Adams> Slide: Status
[08:47:49] <Trent Adams> (only one slide)
[08:48:52] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Barry Leiba
[08:50:11] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Mike Jones
[08:51:17] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Barry L
[08:51:40] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Mike J.
[08:51:51] <Trent Adams> Back and forth
[08:52:08] <Trent Adams> Now Hannes is joining the discussion
[08:52:16] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Paul Hoffman
[08:54:53] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Brian C.
[08:55:14] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Tordsten
[08:55:33] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Mike J.
[08:56:36] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Tony N.
[08:57:10] <Trent Adams> End of Presentation
[08:57:14] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Hannes
[08:57:35] <Trent Adams> Presentation: OAuth 2.0 Security
[08:57:40] <Trent Adams> Presentor: Hannes
[08:57:57] andrey.uzunov leaves the room
[08:59:05] andrey.uzunov joins the room
[09:00:51] <Trent Adams> Slide: Requirements
[09:02:38] <Trent Adams> Slide: Scope
[09:02:54] <Trent Adams> Slide: Design
[09:03:09] <Trent Adams> Skipped many slides
[09:03:28] <Trent Adams> Slide: How RS obtains the Session Key? Option #1: Key Transport
[09:03:40] cabo leaves the room
[09:06:01] <Trent Adams> End of presentation
[09:06:43] <Trent Adams> BTW - I hope that someone was taking real notes… I only signed up to be the Jabber Room Proxy … but not seeing any side notes going into this room for the record
[09:06:49] <Justin Richer> Mic: Token introspection, because it's getting used and deployed.
[09:07:01] <Justin Richer> Trent: I heard someone else was taking notes, at the beginning.
[09:07:07] <Trent Adams> yay
[09:07:13] <Justin Richer> I think leif?
[09:07:17] <Justin Richer> Not sure thought
[09:07:27] <Justin Richer> though, rather
[09:07:35] <Justin Richer> not sure thought at this hour either
[09:07:37] <Trent Adams> not think
[09:07:43] <Justin Richer> think no work
[09:07:50] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Mike J.
[09:08:03] Trent Adams giggles
[09:08:54] <Trent Adams> Justin: Read into the room
[09:09:12] <Justin Richer> thanks, my first timely and on-topic comment of the day :)
[09:09:33] <Trent Adams> Presentation: Transient ….. something or another …
[09:09:42] <Trent Adams> Presentor: Nat S.
[09:09:43] <Justin Richer> Trent: and for what it's worth, I am in no way blaming you for the delays, it's inherent in the communication mechanisms
[09:09:50] <Justin Richer> Presentation: Transient Client Secrets
[09:09:59] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[09:10:07] <Trent Adams> :P
[09:10:18] <Trent Adams> Slide: Problem Statement
[09:10:56] <Trent Adams> Slide: Normal OAuth Public Client with Code Flow
[09:11:25] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Hannes
[09:11:41] <Trent Adams> Slide: Transient Client Secret Extension
[09:11:47] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Phil Hunt
[09:11:57] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: John Bradley
[09:14:23] <Trent Adams> In the background: Phil
[09:14:36] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Phil
[09:15:18] <Trent Adams> Back to the Mic: John B.
[09:15:52] <Trent Adams> Back to Mike: Nat
[09:15:59] <Trent Adams> End of Presentation
[09:16:14] <Trent Adams> New Presentation: JSON Metadata for OAuth Responses 1.0
[09:16:18] <Trent Adams> Presentor: Nat
[09:16:24] <Trent Adams> Oh, never mind
[09:16:26] <Trent Adams> That was just a reminder
[09:16:33] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Lucy L
[09:17:41] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Tordsten
[09:18:10] <Trent Adams> Presentation: Illustrations about CoRE Authorization
[09:18:13] <Trent Adams> Presentor: Carsten Bormann
[09:18:22] <Trent Adams> Slide: CoRE
[09:18:28] <Trent Adams> (can you hear him?)
[09:18:37] peter.gietz joins the room
[09:18:43] peter.gietz is now known as peter.gietz@jabber.de
[09:18:47] <Trent Adams> Audio fixed (I think)
[09:18:52] <Justin Richer> yeah, I can hear him now
[09:19:48] <Trent Adams> Slide: CoRE
[09:20:08] <Justin Richer> are these slides posted someplace?
[09:20:54] <Trent Adams> I doubt it … he was invited to talk at the last minute
[09:21:09] <Barry Leiba> The chairs appear to be behaving badly with respect to slideage.
[09:21:23] <Justin Richer> ok, can you ask the chairs to post the all the slide decks someplace?
[09:21:33] <Barry Leiba> I'm sure they will do that soon.
[09:21:39] <Trent Adams> I'll ask on the side to see if they exist somewhere now
[09:21:58] <Barry Leiba> The "someplace" will be the meeting materials page: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/87/materials.html
[09:22:34] <Trent Adams> I asked Hannes and he said that they are not currently available (but confirmed they will be after the meeting)
[09:22:48] <Trent Adams> … of which is to say that's not much help for you remote friends at the moment.
[09:23:32] <Trent Adams> End of Presentation
[09:25:09] <Trent Adams> Presentation: OAuth2 WG User Authentication for Clients
[09:25:13] <Trent Adams> Presentor: Phil Hunt
[09:28:10] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[09:29:22] <Trent Adams> On the Mic (was): Paul Hoffman
[09:29:24] steffi leaves the room
[09:29:29] <Trent Adams> On the Mic (now): Leif
[09:29:38] <Trent Adams> (the room is emptying given the end of time)
[09:29:45] Barry Leiba leaves the room
[09:29:47] andrey.uzunov leaves the room
[09:30:14] <Trent Adams> (Phil is soldiering on)
[09:30:15] <Trent Adams> Slide: What's The Need
[09:30:28] <Trent Adams> Slide: Don't Facebook, Twitter, Amazon Do Auth?
[09:30:42] <Trent Adams> (room is sinking)
[09:31:01] <Trent Adams> Slide: Is This Correct Usage of OAuth?
[09:31:03] m&m leaves the room
[09:31:14] <Trent Adams> At the Mic: Nat S.
[09:32:50] peter.gietz@jabber.de leaves the room
[09:32:55] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Hannes
[09:32:58] Robin Wilton leaves the room
[09:33:00] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[09:33:06] <Trent Adams> (while Mike Jones is in the queue looking sad)
[09:33:09] <Melinda> Thanks, Trent!
[09:33:11] sftcd leaves the room
[09:33:12] <Trent Adams> On the Mic: Mike Jones
[09:33:30] <Trent Adams> Happy to be the remote puppet!
[09:33:54] Phil Hunt leaves the room
[09:33:55] <Trent Adams> Meeting has fully adjourned
[09:33:59] <Trent Adams> Cheerios all
[09:34:07] SM leaves the room
[09:34:11] Trent Adams leaves the room
[09:34:14] Justin Richer leaves the room
[09:34:39] sa10kan3@gmail.com leaves the room
[09:34:53] semery leaves the room
[09:58:34] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[10:00:42] cabo joins the room
[10:11:15] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[10:12:28] Melinda leaves the room
[10:39:48] Phil Hunt joins the room
[10:46:50] Phil Hunt leaves the room
[10:49:13] cabo leaves the room
[10:53:33] semery joins the room
[10:55:00] andrey.uzunov joins the room
[10:55:05] andrey.uzunov leaves the room
[10:55:32] sftcd joins the room
[10:58:34] sftcd leaves the room
[11:02:34] semery leaves the room
[11:08:55] cabo joins the room
[11:11:06] sa10kan3@gmail.com joins the room
[11:17:23] sa10kan3@gmail.com leaves the room
[11:33:47] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[12:09:06] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[12:15:57] metricamerica joins the room
[12:16:20] metricamerica leaves the room
[12:20:00] cabo leaves the room
[13:05:12] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[13:06:26] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[13:38:29] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[14:13:03] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[14:31:30] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[14:37:07] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[14:41:11] yuioku.yj leaves the room
[15:53:09] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[16:22:02] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[16:29:55] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[18:06:48] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[23:29:49] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!