IETF
oauth@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, July 19, 2018< ^ >
Ludwig has set the subject to: OAUTH at IETF101 https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/session/oauth
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[13:11:13] Meetecho joins the room
[13:22:17] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[13:25:05] Phil Hunt joins the room
[13:25:09] William Denniss joins the room
[13:29:05] Ludwig joins the room
[13:29:11] Patrick Mourot joins the room
[13:33:20] <Phil Hunt> Mic: Trying not to remember what I wrote
[13:33:43] <Phil Hunt> (you can ignore that)
[13:35:07] Bjorn Hjelm joins the room
[13:35:58] Daniel Burnett joins the room
[13:37:04] Daniel Burnett leaves the room
[13:37:38] Daniel Burnett joins the room
[13:40:31] <Daniel Burnett> Gave up on my jabber client and just joined Meetecho.  I am your friendly neighborhood jabber relay.  I will relay to the room any comment preceded by 'mic:'
[13:41:32] <Phil Hunt> Thanks!
[13:43:34] <Phil Hunt> Mic: I think the block in oAuth WG is the final step - how to do message authentication. HTTP request signing seems impossible. Hannes are there techniques from the other groups that could be applied more generally?
[13:45:18] <Daniel Burnett> Ludwig at the mic
[13:46:11] <Daniel Burnett> John Bradley at the mic
[13:46:33] Stefan Santesson joins the room
[13:48:52] <Daniel Burnett> Brian Campbell at the mic
[13:50:05] <Daniel Burnett> John Bradley at the mic
[13:53:36] <Ludwig> We can't hear you Phil
[13:53:45] <Phil Hunt> MIC: I didn't object except for signing
[13:53:57] Simon Pietro Romano joins the room
[13:54:12] <Daniel Burnett> Tony at the mic
[13:54:27] <Daniel Burnett> John at the mic
[13:54:57] <Daniel Burnett> Tony
[13:55:22] <Daniel Burnett> John and Tony sharing the mic :)
[13:56:47] <Daniel Burnett> Jim Schaad at the mic
[13:57:07] <Daniel Burnett> Michael Jones at the mic
[13:57:35] <Daniel Burnett> John
[13:57:45] <Daniel Burnett> Michael
[13:58:14] <Daniel Burnett> Jim Schaad at the mic
[13:58:51] <Daniel Burnett> (John)
[13:59:07] <Daniel Burnett> Brian Campbell at the mic
[14:02:14] <Daniel Burnett> Jim Schaad
[14:02:24] <Daniel Burnett> Brian
[14:02:55] <Daniel Burnett> John
[14:03:36] <Daniel Burnett> Ludwig Seitz
[14:03:56] <Daniel Burnett> Michael Jones
[14:04:30] <Daniel Burnett> Jim Schaad
[14:04:46] <Daniel Burnett> John
[14:05:01] <William Denniss> mic!
[14:05:22] Bjorn Hjelm leaves the room
[14:05:23] Bjorn Hjelm joins the room
[14:05:25] <Daniel Burnett> yes, I just asked that.  too crazy
[14:05:30] <Daniel Burnett> John Bradley
[14:05:38] <William Denniss> Thank you
[14:06:08] <Daniel Burnett> Chris Lemmons
[14:06:48] <Daniel Burnett> Ludwig Seitz
[14:07:32] <Daniel Burnett> Brian Campbell
[14:11:13] <Daniel Burnett> Michael Jones
[14:11:19] <Daniel Burnett> (missed previous speaker)
[14:14:23] <Daniel Burnett> Jim Schaad at the mic
[14:16:46] kmurchison joins the room
[14:16:55] kmurchison leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[14:17:16] <Daniel Burnett> Michael Jones at the mic
[14:19:26] <Daniel Burnett> John Bradley at the mic
[14:21:01] <Daniel Burnett> Ludwig Seitz at the mic
[14:21:17] <Daniel Burnett> Michael Jones
[14:23:04] <Daniel Burnett> (comments in room are asking for clarification of the question)
[14:23:25] Rolf E. Sonneveld joins the room
[14:23:38] <Daniel Burnett> Justin Richer at the mic
[14:25:08] Jaromir Talir joins the room
[14:25:43] <Daniel Burnett> Brian Campbell at the mic
[14:27:46] <Daniel Burnett> Jim Schaad at the mic
[14:29:39] Simon Pietro Romano leaves the room
[14:30:55] Melinda joins the room
[14:30:56] sakimura joins the room
[14:31:26] Meetecho leaves the room
[14:31:27] Meetecho joins the room
[14:31:39] <sakimura> Finally managed to join the jabber room. (Nat Sakimura here.)
[14:31:56] <Daniel Burnett> Welcome
[14:32:38] Henry B Hotz joins the room
[14:34:15] Jaromir Talir leaves the room
[14:35:45] Rolf E. Sonneveld leaves the room
[14:35:47] <William Denniss> Hi Nat. It's good to see your OAuth metadata design in this draft.
[14:36:06] <sakimura> Thanks!
[14:36:13] <Daniel Burnett> John Bradley
[14:37:15] <Daniel Burnett> Hannes at the floor mic
[14:37:45] <Daniel Burnett> (John is back)
[14:38:24] <Daniel Burnett> now Hannes
[14:39:38] Meetecho leaves the room
[14:39:38] Meetecho joins the room
[14:39:39] <Daniel Burnett> John Bradley
[14:40:25] <William Denniss> Slide 2 says that this draft incorporates ietf-campbell-oauth-resource-indicators
[14:40:36] <Daniel Burnett> do you want that at the mic?
[14:40:53] <William Denniss> I think it was cleared up
[14:40:58] <Daniel Burnett> okay
[14:41:30] <sakimura> I am now connected!
[14:41:37] <sakimura> I will respond to the list.
[14:42:06] <Daniel Burnett> John Bradley at the mic
[14:42:38] <Phil Hunt> Mic:  developers hate getting multiple tokens
[14:42:59] <Phil Hunt> mic: yup
[14:43:10] <Daniel Burnett> 'they hate security too' - john bradley
[14:43:16] <Daniel Burnett> Justin Richer at mic
[14:44:04] <Phil Hunt> Mic: There is a constant fight to stop people from doing impersonation and questing for super-tokens. Getting this right is important.
[14:44:45] <Phil Hunt> (ignore that)
[14:45:12] <Daniel Burnett> (i am now seated again :) )
[14:45:27] <Daniel Burnett> Lucy Lynch is at the mic, btw
[14:45:40] dfett joins the room
[14:45:45] <Daniel Burnett> John Bradley at the mic
[14:46:39] <Phil Hunt> Daniel:  Impressed that you standing in makes it feel like I am there in person struggling for the mic. :-)
[14:46:59] <Daniel Burnett> :)
[14:47:12] <Daniel Burnett> 'I fight for you'
[14:47:45] <Daniel Burnett> Ludwig Seitz at the mic
[14:48:06] <Daniel Burnett> John Bradley at the mic
[14:49:03] <Daniel Burnett> Hannes from the front
[14:50:48] <William Denniss> *hum*
[14:50:59] <William Denniss> (that was a *hum* in favor of adoption)
[14:51:03] <Phil Hunt> "hum"
[14:51:11] <sakimura> * hum * in favour
[14:51:14] <Daniel Burnett> hum in the room was clear as well
[14:51:17] <Daniel Burnett> all in favor
[14:51:23] <William Denniss> great!
[14:51:45] <sakimura> Thanks. Great. I could not hear any so your message helped a lot :-)
[14:52:02] <Daniel Burnett> John Bradley is back
[14:52:45] <Daniel Burnett> Ludwig Seitz
[14:53:28] <Daniel Burnett> John Bradley
[14:53:34] <Daniel Burnett> Stefan Santesson at the mic
[14:55:20] <William Denniss> mic
[14:55:24] <Daniel Burnett> (room is asking for clarification again)
[14:55:31] <William Denniss> mic: do people need resource who are *not* doing distributed?
[14:55:42] <William Denniss> maybe everyone who needs that actually are doing distributed OAuth
[14:55:44] Melinda leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[14:55:54] <Daniel Burnett> sorry william, they cut the mic
[14:55:57] <William Denniss> *hmm* in favor
[14:55:59] <Daniel Burnett> strong hum in room in favor
[14:56:01] <William Denniss> ok, np
[14:56:03] <Phil Hunt> "hum"
[14:56:05] <Daniel Burnett> essentially none against
[14:56:16] <William Denniss> Was that for or against Phil?
[14:59:12] Ludwig leaves the room: offline
[14:59:15] <Daniel Burnett> bye all
[14:59:20] <William Denniss> bye, thanks Daniel!
[14:59:23] Phil Hunt leaves the room
[14:59:33] <sakimura> Thanks!
[14:59:37] Henry B Hotz leaves the room
[14:59:37] William Denniss leaves the room
[14:59:37] Patrick Mourot leaves the room
[14:59:37] Daniel Burnett leaves the room
[14:59:38] Bjorn Hjelm leaves the room
[14:59:46] dfett leaves the room
[15:00:42] Melinda joins the room
[15:01:02] Stefan Santesson leaves the room
[15:03:04] Melinda leaves the room
[15:05:47] Stefan Santesson joins the room
[15:08:57] dwaite joins the room
[15:09:29] dwaite leaves the room
[15:12:06] Meetecho leaves the room
[16:03:44] Stefan Santesson leaves the room
[16:16:35] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[16:28:45] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[17:13:12] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[17:13:35] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[17:17:51] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[17:21:07] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[17:27:08] Stefan Santesson joins the room
[17:29:35] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[17:59:09] Stefan Santesson leaves the room: Disconnected: connection-timeout
[18:03:30] Stefan Santesson joins the room
[18:15:40] Stefan Santesson leaves the room: Disconnected: connection-timeout
[18:18:44] Stefan Santesson joins the room
[18:22:20] Stefan Santesson leaves the room
[22:22:28] sakimura leaves the room: Connection failed: connection closed