[02:33:02] --- mkirkham has joined
[02:33:18] --- mkirkham has left
[05:33:41] --- mkirkham has joined
[05:56:52] --- mkirkham is now known as Michael Kirkham
[06:08:08] --- brabson has joined
[06:08:20] --- brabson has left
[09:03:20] --- mark.ellison has joined
[09:46:32] --- Balazs has joined
[10:20:26] --- TJ has joined
[10:25:19] --- Michael Kirkham has left
[10:25:26] --- bert has joined
[10:25:40] --- rstory has joined
[10:26:21] --- Michael Kirkham has joined
[10:27:13] <rstory> i'm remote
[10:27:18] * Michael Kirkham too
[10:27:25] <mark.ellison> Dan, The audio is coming in loud and clear
[10:27:57] <rstory> yes! i hope all the rooms are as clear this time round..
[10:28:11] <Michael Kirkham> sieve's stream was absolutely terrible
[10:33:59] --- tina has joined
[10:34:23] <tina> David Harrington is speaking
[10:34:51] --- david kessens has joined
[10:35:26] --- rbonica has joined
[10:35:36] <tina> page 2 of his slides
[10:36:11] <bert> dbh giving background info on RFC1052 (1988) and IAB NM workshop (2002)
[10:37:30] <tina> Page 3, 2006 IESG Retreat discussions
[10:37:33] --- atarashi has joined
[10:38:33] --- Ric has joined
[10:38:57] <rbonica> page 4, background
[10:38:58] <bert> dbh gives moe background: IESG retreat 2006 recommends to do an OPS-AREA level guidelines doc for operational and nm aspects of protocols
[10:38:59] <tina> Page 4
[10:39:30] <bert> dbh gives more background on IESG directions to be explored
[10:39:49] --- brabson has joined
[10:39:56] <tina> change focus of recommendations
[10:40:29] <tina> from "manage by SNMP" to "requirements for manageability"
[10:40:46] <tina> from "write a MIB" to "develop a data model"
[10:41:08] <tina> Page 5, July 06, OPS Open Area Meeting
[10:41:38] <tina> P6, IETF 68 Progress
[10:42:01] <tina> PCE, PCN WG requires manageability sections
[10:43:48] <tina> P7, operations-and-management draft
[10:44:47] <tina> P8,
[10:44:57] <tina> continued
[10:45:16] <tina> Design for Operability and MAnageability
[10:46:20] <tina> P9, continued, operational considerations
[10:46:26] --- dcrocker has joined
[10:49:06] <tina> P10, Management Considerations
[10:50:55] <tina> P11, existing IETF management protocols
[10:51:52] <tina> Dan is asking what about non-IETF ...
[10:52:11] <tina> David is replying...
[10:52:55] <tina> P12, some standard management models
[10:53:39] <tina> David is continuing operations-and-management draft
[10:55:16] <tina> P14, docuumentation guidelines
[10:55:43] <tina> Goal is to encourage thinking about operations and management issues for protocols in development
[10:55:55] <tina> P15, Long term goals
[10:57:22] <tina> P16
[10:57:29] <tina> continued
[10:58:12] <tina> expand flexibility for management
[10:58:34] <tina> P17, short term goals
[10:58:57] <tina> Want Additional Input, perferably as a WG
[10:59:06] <tina> Need reviewers
[10:59:13] <tina> P18, thank u
[10:59:53] <tina> sharon chisholm is asking questions
[11:02:18] <tina> Mule~ is commenting
[11:02:34] <tina> Jf
[11:03:41] <tina> David is replying
[11:03:46] <tina> Dan is commenting
[11:03:57] --- simon has joined
[11:04:11] <tina> sligtly different things
[11:05:25] <tina> provides some guildlines
[11:08:08] <tina> one Cisco guy is commenting, sorry, did not get his name
[11:09:10] <tina> a component is to be designed, not to be managed
[11:09:27] <tina> more than one documents are needed
[11:10:18] <Ric> Petre Dini
[11:11:13] <tina> Sharon is speaking
[11:11:56] <tina> Tom Taylor is speaking
[11:12:34] <tina> a framework document is associated with the protocol
[11:12:41] <tina> that would be a starting point
[11:12:50] <tina> David replys
[11:12:55] <tina> replies
[11:13:08] <tina> Dan made comments
[11:13:32] <tina> Dad suggests to talk later, and have open mind
[11:14:12] <rbonica> Dan, that is.....
[11:14:20] <bert> New topic, slides: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07mar/slides/opsarea-3.ppt
[11:15:16] --- brabson has left: Replaced by new connection
[11:19:56] --- amayer has joined
[11:25:47] --- resnick has joined
[11:26:38] --- resnick has left
[11:33:08] --- RussMundy has joined
[11:37:19] <tina> David is commenting
[11:37:40] <tina> about Mini-BOF Presentation COPS push mode policy configuration
[11:38:49] <tina> Dad asked a question about the bacics
[11:39:09] <tina> Tom is replying the concrete proposal
[11:39:34] <tina> Scott is replying
[11:40:10] --- mike has joined
[11:45:00] <Michael Kirkham> I know at least one of my customers is developing COPS-PR PIBs.
[11:45:24] * Michael Kirkham raises hand.
[11:48:25] <bert> next topic slides: http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/07mar/slides/opsarea-2.ppt
[11:50:39] <tina> David is talking about working group goal
[11:51:07] <tina> Goal of this mini-BOF
[11:52:43] <tina> codify knowledge gained through operational experience about features sets
[11:54:14] <tina> WG deliverables
[11:54:23] <tina> individual capabilities documents
[11:54:31] <tina> profiles documents
[11:56:36] <tina> WG scope
[11:57:01] --- dcrocker has left
[11:57:08] <tina> list capabilities appropriate for Internet Service Provider environments
[11:57:36] <tina> some will be excluded
[11:57:46] <tina> need reviewers
[11:57:58] --- RussMundy has left: Logged out
[11:58:04] <tina> addtional input
[11:59:44] <tina> one WG co-chair is commenting
[12:00:18] <tina> David is replying
[12:02:42] <tina> Sharon is commenting
[12:02:54] <tina> is there interest in the WG
[12:05:23] <tina> David is clarifying the difference of the two mini-BOFs
[12:07:20] <tina> Scott is commenting
[12:11:44] <tina> Dan is summarying
[12:11:51] <tina> summarizing
[12:13:57] <tina> AT&T is commenting
[12:14:16] <tina> Scott is commenting
[12:15:47] --- atarashi has left
[12:19:16] <tina> David agreed
[12:20:25] <tina> Dan will put these proposal to the list
[12:20:37] <tina> and see if we have time on Wed morning
[12:20:47] --- Ric has left
[12:21:11] --- david kessens has left
[12:24:47] --- mark.ellison has left
[12:27:55] --- rbonica has left
[12:28:39] --- bert has left
[12:28:49] --- rstory has left
[12:29:19] --- Balazs has left
[12:35:21] --- TJ has left
[12:38:05] --- Michael Kirkham has left
[12:38:10] --- simon has left
[12:39:25] --- amayer has left
[12:40:02] --- m_ersue has joined
[12:42:53] --- m_ersue has left
[12:43:40] --- bert has joined
[12:45:04] --- dcrocker has joined
[12:45:29] --- dcrocker has left
[12:59:15] --- tina has left
[13:04:28] --- bert has left
[13:07:28] --- mike has left
[15:03:39] --- lengyel has joined
[15:06:40] --- lengyel has left
[18:32:32] --- j.schoenwaelder@jabber.eecs.iu-bremen.de has joined
[19:04:19] --- j.schoenwaelder@jabber.eecs.iu-bremen.de has left: Disconnected