IETF
radext
radext@jabber.ietf.org
Monday, 14 November 2011< ^ >
Bernarda has set the subject to: IETF 79 RADEXT Meeting
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[00:29:32] Bjoern A. Zeeb joins the room
[01:04:24] stefan.winter joins the room
[01:04:37] <stefan.winter> Good morning, I'll be the Jabber scribe today.
[01:04:47] <stefan.winter> Agenda slide is up
[01:06:14] <stefan.winter> Agenda changes?
[01:06:22] <stefan.winter> No changes.
[01:07:13] <stefan.winter> Status dashboard is up.
[01:07:23] <stefan.winter> RFC6421 (crypto agility) published.
[01:08:11] <stefan.winter> plea for doc shepherd for RadSec
[01:09:02] Alan DeKok joins the room
[01:09:29] <Alan DeKok> which room for audio streaming?
[01:09:56] stefan.winter leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[01:09:57] stefan.winter joins the room
[01:10:33] <stefan.winter> Dan: how substantial are the discussions on open issues?
[01:10:42] <stefan.winter> Chairs: will be worked on in the meeting.
[01:14:17] Klaas Wierenga joins the room
[01:16:21] <stefan.winter> Dec: presentation on IPv6 address pools
[01:19:46] <stefan.winter> Everyone hear me? I only see Klaas on my participant roster here...
[01:19:54] <stefan.winter> But Klaas has 4 people in the room.
[01:20:07] <Klaas Wierenga> I see Bjoern, Stefan and Alan
[01:21:04] <stefan.winter> Bjoern, Alan, could you say "something"?
[01:22:53] hartmans joins the room
[01:23:32] <Bjoern A. Zeeb> something
[01:23:38] <stefan.winter> thank you :-)
[01:23:50] <stefan.winter> Dont see you in the participant list though.
[01:24:05] <stefan.winter> Anyway: Leaf Yeh on Accounting for Traffic Stats
[01:24:34] <Alan DeKok> I'm here
[01:24:52] <Alan DeKok> audio seems to be OK. No idea what the lag is
[01:25:17] <Bjoern A. Zeeb> I am just following jabber some; I am in 6man
[01:31:36] davem joins the room
[01:34:22] davem leaves the room
[01:34:35] dave mitton joins the room
[01:41:50] <Alan DeKok> the design guidelines document recommends against packing multiple fields into one attribute, too
[01:44:14] <Alan DeKok> design 3 "format" slide is wrong, too. The TLVs can be in any order. The document shows them in a particular order
[01:45:08] <dave mitton> excuse the late joining, what presentation are we on?
[01:45:10] weiyinxing joins the room
[01:45:35] <Alan DeKok> accounting extensions for traffic statistics
[01:45:43] <dave mitton> thanks
[01:46:04] <Alan DeKok> it's a minor nitpick
[01:46:53] <dave mitton> hmmm. lost audio
[01:47:02] <Alan DeKok> still works for me in France
[01:48:32] <dave mitton> got it working again
[01:51:30] <stefan.winter> Consensus Q: interest in solving accounting problem?
[01:52:07] <stefan.winter> 4 yes
[01:52:09] <stefan.winter> 0 no
[01:52:47] weiyinxing leaves the room
[01:52:49] <stefan.winter> consensus declared to update charter to get accounting in
[01:55:10] <dave mitton> Presentation?
[01:55:25] <stefan.winter> Bernard starting preso on IEEE 802.11 attributes
[01:55:31] <dave mitton> Eastern is 8:55pm
[01:55:51] <Klaas Wierenga> 2.55 am europe time
[01:56:02] <stefan.winter> IEEE 802.11 and 802.1X-010
[01:56:47] <dave mitton> are the slides somewhere accessible?
[01:58:02] Klaas Wierenga leaves the room
[01:58:40] <Bjoern A. Zeeb> Check http://tools.ietf.org/wg/radext/agenda?item=agenda82.html
[01:59:10] <dave mitton> I don't think it's there unless the page updated within the last 15 minutes
[01:59:46] Klaas Wierenga joins the room
[01:59:53] <dave mitton> Nope still not there
[01:59:55] <stefan.winter> right, preso is missing.
[01:59:55] weiyinxing joins the room
[02:03:25] <stefan.winter> I'll notify the chairs offline so you can look at preso afterwards. Sorry.
[02:03:45] <dave mitton> I vote yes
[02:03:47] <stefan.winter> Consensus call: adoption?
[02:03:53] <stefan.winter> 11 yes + dave M
[02:04:18] <stefan.winter> 12 yes
[02:04:20] <stefan.winter> 0 no
[02:04:23] <stefan.winter> consensus declared
[02:04:48] <stefan.winter> It is already in the charter; just need to adopt
[02:05:35] <Alan DeKok> ok
[02:07:10] weiyinxing leaves the room
[02:10:43] <stefan.winter> allocation rules for RADIUS attributes? 3575; IETF consensus.
[02:12:58] <stefan.winter> Alan presenting on NAI
[02:13:01] <stefan.winter> 4282bis
[02:14:50] <stefan.winter> Q was: is there a Unicode 3.1 dependency here?
[02:15:16] <stefan.winter> Sam Hartman: 3.2 not 3.1.
[02:15:29] <stefan.winter> But apart from that, yes: hardwird 3.2.
[02:16:37] <stefan.winter> DNS lookups may require conversion; but not AAA protocol's business
[02:20:44] <stefan.winter> Bernard: two things, first get rid of the stuff that should never have been in 4282
[02:21:03] <stefan.winter> Second thing: i18n question. Suggest not to mix these.
[02:22:51] <stefan.winter> Dan: clarify - 4282 historic/harmful update first?
[02:24:02] <stefan.winter> Bernard: maybe, in any case fix it quickly. Just state "encoding is out of scope" but ban the wrong ABNF.
[02:24:52] weiyinxing joins the room
[02:26:47] <stefan.winter> Talking about section 2.3 of 4282: 2.3. Support for Username Privacy
[02:27:08] <stefan.winter> consensus check: good thing to work on bis?
[02:27:12] <dave mitton> yes
[02:27:17] <stefan.winter> 11 yes
[02:27:18] <stefan.winter> 0 no
[02:27:36] <stefan.winter> consensus declared; confirm on mailing list
[02:28:27] <stefan.winter> Sam Hartman (abfab and 4282): ...
[02:28:59] <stefan.winter> abfab updating their document
[02:29:11] <stefan.winter> will run through wg mailing lists
[02:31:00] <Alan DeKok> I'm still not clear on Stefan's question… audio was in and out
[02:32:25] <dave mitton> I think he was concerned about an anonymous user name format -- it took me several listens to understand how he says anonymous
[02:32:58] <Klaas Wierenga> stefan wants to keep <empty>@realm
[02:32:59] <stefan.winter> it was about section 2.3 of 4282
[02:33:41] <stefan.winter> Sorry for my pronunciation :-)
[02:34:40] <Alan DeKok> ah, yes. it's the same in the new doc
[02:37:41] Alan DeKok leaves the room
[02:37:44] hartmans leaves the room
[02:38:43] dave mitton leaves the room
[02:52:58] yaovct joins the room
[02:53:40] Klaas Wierenga leaves the room
[02:55:27] yaovct leaves the room
[03:11:19] stefan.winter leaves the room
[03:21:08] Bjoern A. Zeeb leaves the room
[03:42:01] weiyinxing leaves the room
[05:10:01] stefan.winter joins the room
[05:20:40] stefan.winter leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[05:20:41] stefan.winter joins the room
[05:26:08] stefan.winter leaves the room
[05:54:31] stefan.winter joins the room
[05:54:39] stefan.winter leaves the room
[05:57:03] stefan.winter joins the room
[06:02:40] stefan.winter leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[06:02:40] stefan.winter joins the room
[06:03:21] stefan.winter leaves the room
[06:16:03] stefan.winter joins the room
[06:22:34] stefan.winter leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[06:22:34] stefan.winter joins the room
[06:25:00] stefan.winter leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[06:25:01] stefan.winter joins the room
[06:26:47] stefan.winter leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[06:26:47] stefan.winter joins the room
[06:41:00] stefan.winter leaves the room
[07:08:11] stefan.winter joins the room
[08:13:09] stefan.winter leaves the room
[08:22:21] stefan.winter joins the room
[08:23:24] stefan.winter leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[08:23:24] stefan.winter joins the room
[08:23:42] stefan.winter leaves the room
[09:11:50] stefan.winter joins the room
[09:22:04] stefan.winter leaves the room
[10:04:16] stefan.winter joins the room
[10:19:51] stefan.winter leaves the room