IETF
radext
radext@jabber.ietf.org
Friday, 3 August 2012< ^ >
Bernarda has set the subject to: IETF 79 RADEXT Meeting
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[15:50:07] stefan.winter joins the room
[17:59:21] Alejandro Pérez Méndez joins the room
[18:00:04] Alejandro Pérez Méndez leaves the room
[18:08:16] <stefan.winter> Has the meeting started?
[18:08:23] <stefan.winter> Hm, talking to myself.
[18:19:26] stefan.winter leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[18:19:26] stefan.winter joins the room
[18:19:47] <stefan.winter> Hello? Room seems empty?
[18:24:39] Alan DeKok joins the room
[18:24:47] <stefan.winter> no audio stream
[18:24:50] <Alan DeKok> ah
[18:24:53] <Alan DeKok> call me on skype
[18:25:15] marc.blanchet.qc joins the room
[18:26:13] <stefan.winter> okay, works
[18:26:18] <Alan DeKok> ok
[18:26:38] <stefan.winter> presentation could be challenging - can your skype relay me?
[18:26:45] <Alan DeKok> I've turned off my speaker, so we don't hear you typing
[18:26:49] <Alan DeKok> yes
[18:27:06] <Alan DeKok> skype also has lower latency than the audio streaming
[18:28:32] leaf.y.yeh joins the room
[18:28:56] jimsch1 joins the room
[18:28:57] dave mitton joins the room
[18:32:17] <stefan.winter> hm, mauricio's second pass of the agenda has my draft on nai-discovery deleted. Should have noticed earlier... Can I talk about it anyway?
[18:32:25] Klaas Wierenga joins the room
[18:32:29] Klaas Wierenga is now known as Klaas Wierenga’s iPad3
[18:33:52] Alan DeKok leaves the room
[18:34:37] Alan DeKok joins the room
[18:41:14] <stefan.winter> If the box is open: Error-Responses would also be nice.
[18:41:59] dave mitton leaves the room
[18:43:43] Alejandro Pérez Méndez joins the room
[18:44:34] <Alan DeKok> is the audio working now?
[18:44:39] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> Not for me
[18:44:45] <Alan DeKok> hmm.. ok
[18:44:58] <Alan DeKok> try skyping me: aland-quiconnect
[18:45:31] <stefan.winter> hey, audio is coming in now. Diego saved us all.
[18:45:37] <Alan DeKok> nice!
[18:45:53] <Alan DeKok> ah… his mike is hooked up, maybe the others are not connected
[18:46:01] <Alan DeKok> could you hear me talking?
[18:46:23] <stefan.winter> I only hear Diego
[18:46:31] <Alan DeKok> ok
[18:46:32] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> the problem is not that the audio was good or bad
[18:46:39] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> to me is tthat the stream is incorrect
[18:46:44] <Alan DeKok> ah
[18:46:45] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> so I cannot connect to the audio stream
[18:46:55] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> maybe its kind of problem of Linux
[18:47:06] <stefan.winter> Alejandro, try again... magically fixed itself for me now.
[18:47:15] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> http://ietf84streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf845.m3u
[18:47:16] <stefan.winter> And I *am* using Amarok on Linux.
[18:47:17] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> this url?
[18:47:24] <stefan.winter> Then again, it dropped out again just now.
[18:47:35] <Alan DeKok> and the skype session?
[18:47:35] <stefan.winter> not really working reliably.
[18:47:43] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> not working for me
[18:48:13] <stefan.winter> working with occasional quirks now.
[18:48:23] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> maybe it's too busy
[18:48:32] <stefan.winter> Skype worked all the time, but the mic isnt in the best position.
[18:48:32] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> I added Alan to Skype
[18:48:49] <stefan.winter> Alan, I'll stay connected to Skype but prefer audio stream
[18:49:08] <stefan.winter> And gone again.
[18:49:11] <stefan.winter> Felgercarb.
[18:49:13] <Alan DeKok> ok
[18:49:21] <stefan.winter> So it's Skype again. Sigh.
[18:49:22] <Alan DeKok> one sec
[18:49:22] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> is diego talking?
[18:49:30] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> thanks, skype works
[18:49:32] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> not now :)
[18:49:47] <Alan DeKok> I just hung up. I'm trying to see if I can share a skype voice call
[18:50:13] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> I think it is possible
[18:50:14] <Alan DeKok> hmm… probably not
[18:50:28] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> I've done that before
[18:50:43] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> just call Stefan, and then invite me
[18:51:00] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> otherwise, we always have old-fashined jabber :)
[18:51:27] <Alan DeKok> hmm… voice chat doesn't have the "add people" enabled. Oh well
[18:54:47] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> Any luck?
[18:55:04] <Alan DeKok> doesn't work..
[18:55:19] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> no problem
[18:56:27] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> who's talking now?
[18:57:42] <jimsch1> Alan
[18:58:08] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> I mean, which presentation (may be he's doing more than one)
[18:58:08] <jimsch1> Current presentation is radext
[18:58:15] <jimsch1> the extension document
[18:58:16] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> ok, thanks
[19:03:07] <stefan.winter> I'll give the whole doc next week and will post a review. Anything to help get this document out.
[19:03:58] <Klaas Wierenga’s iPad3> Amen to that
[19:04:05] <stefan.winter> s/give/go through/
[19:04:05] <jimsch1> Going to run working group last call very fast on this document
[19:04:20] <jimsch1> Next - CoA Proxying
[19:05:41] <stefan.winter> I have content on that question in dynamic-discovery. When is my talking slot for that one? Cant find it on 2nd pass of agenda.
[19:06:30] <stefan.winter> Issue with realm table: pure radius clients, who don't operate their own home server, don't have a realm.
[19:07:09] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> Sorry Stefan, which document do you mean?
[19:07:37] <stefan.winter> draft-ietf-radext-dynamic-discovery
[19:07:43] <Alejandro Pérez Méndez> ok, thanks
[19:07:49] <stefan.winter> was on 1st pass of agenda, not on 2nd.
[19:12:40] <stefan.winter> relay please? Issue with realm table: pure radius *clients*, who don't operate their own home server, don't have a realm.
[19:13:02] <jimsch1> Next presentation - DTLS
[19:14:32] <jimsch1> Alan - I was looking at GSS-Acceptor-Realm-Name which appears to be the same as the operator realm name you were refering to
[19:15:06] <stefan.winter> The name suggests semantics is specific to GSS?
[19:15:19] <stefan.winter> The Operator-Name is in RFC5580 and rather generic.
[19:15:24] <stefan.winter> Sounds like a better match.
[19:16:35] <jimsch1> This is a new attribute which they are asking to create - it represents the realm name of the relying party for abfab. But is basically the same in content as the operator-name. THe question is should the ABFAB people be using the operator-name if it is defined already
[19:16:47] <stefan.winter> Ah, thanks.
[19:16:58] <stefan.winter> Indeed a good question :-)
[19:17:57] <jimsch1> Next presentation - beancounting
[19:29:51] <jimsch1> RFC 3444 - data model vs information model
[19:32:07] Alejandro Pérez Méndez leaves the room
[19:33:03] <stefan.winter> covers it pretty much :-)
[19:34:57] marc.blanchet.qc leaves the room
[19:35:57] <Alan DeKok> ok
[19:40:41] <Alan DeKok> dynamic discover?
[19:40:43] <Alan DeKok> stefan?
[19:40:55] <jimsch1> Next presention - dynamic discovery
[19:49:08] <stefan.winter> radsecproxy
[19:49:11] <stefan.winter> Radiator
[19:49:14] <stefan.winter> both do it
[19:49:25] <stefan.winter> some 100 realms
[19:50:46] <stefan.winter> Luxembourg :-)
[19:50:53] <stefan.winter> With a 384 KBit/s DSL uplink.
[19:51:01] <stefan.winter> Which explains my audio issues I guess.
[19:51:33] <stefan.winter> Sorry about that. I stayed equidistant to the mic all the time.
[19:53:26] <Alan DeKok> weird volume issues
[19:59:29] stefan.winter leaves the room
[19:59:29] Klaas Wierenga’s iPad3 leaves the room
[20:08:23] Alan DeKok leaves the room
[20:15:29] jimsch1 leaves the room
[21:40:40] leaf.y.yeh leaves the room
[21:40:58] leaf.y.yeh joins the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!