IETF
rtcweb@jabber.ietf.org
Wednesday, July 23, 2014< ^ >
martin.thomson has set the subject to: RTCWEB WG http://tools.ietf.org/wg/rtcweb/agenda
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[07:45:12] chr1sw3ndt joins the room
[08:07:43] chr1sw3ndt leaves the room
[08:18:43] chr1sw3ndt joins the room
[11:08:06] chr1sw3ndt leaves the room
[12:14:59] chr1sw3ndt joins the room
[12:23:42] chr1sw3ndt leaves the room
[12:29:44] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[12:41:44] chr1sw3ndt joins the room
[12:54:52] p m joins the room
[12:55:34] Simon Romano joins the room
[12:56:18] alessandro amirante joins the room
[12:57:19] frodek joins the room
[12:58:05] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[12:58:32] Muthu Arul Mozhi joins the room
[12:59:05] Harald Alvestrand joins the room
[12:59:32] <Jonathan Lennox> I will be Jabber relay.  Prefix comments for the mic with "mic".
[12:59:32] spencerdawkins leaves the room
[13:00:34] Harald Alvestrand leaves the room
[13:00:52] Joe Hall joins the room
[13:00:53] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentation is over
[13:00:58] serrhini mohammed joins the room
[13:01:35] burn joins the room
[13:01:36] burn leaves the room
[13:01:55] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 2: undefined
[13:02:05] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 2: Note well
[13:02:05] <Jonathan Lennox> Slide 2: note well
[13:02:25] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 3: Administrativia
[13:02:42] <Lorenzo Miniero> just FYI, a Meetecho room is available for RTCWEB today: http://www.meetecho.com/ietf90/rtcweb
[13:02:53] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: Day 1
[13:02:54] burn joins the room
[13:03:31] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 5: Doc Status updates
[13:04:05] Harald Alvestrand joins the room
[13:04:12] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[13:04:25] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[13:04:37] Nik Tomkinson joins the room
[13:07:28] <Lorenzo Miniero> Talking about ALPN
[13:07:33] p m leaves the room
[13:07:49] p m joins the room
[13:08:35] Parthasarathi Ravindran joins the room
[13:09:35] Wolfgang Beck joins the room
[13:10:12] Harald Alvestrand raises hands
[13:10:14] Joe Hall leaves the room
[13:10:15] Joe Hall joins the room
[13:10:25] Nik Tomkinson leaves the room
[13:10:41] Nik Tomkinson joins the room
[13:11:09] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentation is over
[13:11:11] <Joe Hall> ALPN draft will be submitted as working group draft soon
Reviewer volunteers: Bernard Aboba, EKR, Andy Hutter, Jim Spring, Justin Uberti, Adam Roach, Michael Protctor, Harald Alverstrand
[13:11:23] <Joe Hall> (probably misspelled some names there)
[13:11:26] hardie@xmpp.rg.net joins the room
[13:11:41] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 2: Changes    
 to    
 -­‐05    
 (slide    
[13:11:57] Brian Trammell joins the room
[13:12:50] Harald Alvestrand notes that sync locks occur in all sorts of situations. Randomization is cheaper than the breakages.
[13:13:09] <Jonathan Lennox> Harold: not for mic?
[13:13:23] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 3: Changes    
 to    
 -­‐05    
 (slide    
[13:13:32] <Harald Alvestrand> Jonathan: Let it pass. I'll take it on list.
[13:14:30] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: STUN    
 Consent:    
 Next    
 Steps
[13:14:42] Cullen Jennings joins the room
[13:15:57] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentation is over
[13:16:35] Andrew Booth joins the room
[13:16:47] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 2: Document Status
[13:16:51] Justin Uberti joins the room
[13:17:02] John Leslie joins the room
[13:17:04] Simon Romano leaves the room
[13:17:07] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 3: Security
[13:17:12] mlepinski joins the room
[13:18:08] Geert vda joins the room
[13:18:16] Nik Tomkinson leaves the room
[13:19:05] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: Security Arch
[13:19:06] Nik Tomkinson joins the room
[13:19:08] <hardie@xmpp.rg.net> "I see craziness, I get up"—MT
[13:19:25] <Jonathan Lennox> Now it's an implementation challenge.
[13:19:58] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 5: When is IFRAME ready? (Procter)
[13:20:27] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 6: RTP/RTCP Key Management (Aboba)
[13:20:55] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 7: DTLS versions
[13:21:11] Yoshikazu GOTO joins the room
[13:24:39] Nik Tomkinson leaves the room
[13:25:14] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide on MTI Cipher Suite being projected
[13:25:49] <Lorenzo Miniero> (missing from the previous version on the materials page)
[13:26:39] <burn> Still don't see new slide deck for EKR on materials page (after page refresh)
[13:26:55] <Lorenzo Miniero> Assuming we do TLS 1.0... We require PFD... TLS recently decided to adopt ECC on Standards Track
[13:27:13] <Lorenzo Miniero> Proposed Resolution_ TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA
[13:27:18] <Lorenzo Miniero> that's the content of the slide
[13:27:24] <Lorenzo Miniero> PFD=PFS sorry
[13:27:35] Hadriel Kaplan joins the room
[13:27:38] serrhini mohammed leaves the room
[13:27:55] <hardie@xmpp.rg.net> The should would be TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA, right?
[13:28:35] <Lorenzo Miniero> don't know, that's what I see on the slide :)
[13:28:47] Yoshikazu GOTO leaves the room
[13:28:49] Hadriel Kaplan leaves the room
[13:29:15] serrhini mohammed joins the room
[13:29:20] <Jonathan Lennox> Ted: I assume you don't need me to jabber relay. :-)
[13:29:36] <hardie@xmpp.rg.net> No, thanks :)
[13:29:46] p m leaves the room
[13:30:03] p m joins the room
[13:30:06] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentation is over
[13:30:20] <Lorenzo Miniero> JSEP starting
[13:30:24] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 2: Changes since -06
[13:32:00] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 3: When is onnegotiationneeded fired? (#
[13:32:14] <Lorenzo Miniero> #26
[13:32:23] Yoshikazu GOTO joins the room
[13:32:25] <serrhini mohammed> Probleme why Couldn't start the WebRTC call
[13:32:26] <Harald Alvestrand> which preso is being projected?
[13:32:33] <Jonathan Lennox> JSEP
[13:32:38] <hardie@xmpp.rg.net> The JSEP slide deck
[13:32:57] <hardie@xmpp.rg.net> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/90/slides/slides-90-rtcweb-1.pdf
[13:33:05] <Lorenzo Miniero> not appearing in Meetecho, Harald?
[13:33:17] <Lorenzo Miniero> if you see a funny slide, that's the same in the PDF actually
[13:34:20] <Harald Alvestrand> mic: I meant the stable state in the JSEP machine.
[13:34:27] <Harald Alvestrand> cancel that
[13:34:38] <Harald Alvestrand> I changed my mind
[13:35:08] <Jonathan Lennox> Let me know if you want me to relay something
[13:38:42] <hardie@xmpp.rg.net> Martin's posted the new alpn draft:  http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-rtcweb-alpn-00.txt
[13:41:41] <Harald Alvestrand> mic: The term "acted on it" is not clearly defined.
[13:44:09] Yoshikazu GOTO leaves the room
[13:45:14] p m leaves the room
[13:45:32] p m joins the room
[13:47:54] Cullen Jennings leaves the room
[13:48:07] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: Turn on VAD in createAnswer (#64)
[13:49:12] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 5: More VAD
[13:54:26] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 6: VAD (DTX/CN) in RTP (#69)
[13:54:31] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 7: a=sendonly in offers (#66) (Slide 1/2)
[13:55:38] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 8: a=sendonly offers (#64) (Slide 2 of 2)
[13:58:20] <Jonathan Lennox> EKR is covering up the "M-" in the third bullet.
[13:58:28] <Jonathan Lennox> (The second one.)
[13:59:13] Alexa Morris joins the room
[14:00:47] Check Misery joins the room
[14:06:43] <Harald Alvestrand> mic: Send HD receive VGA is covered by other functionality (imageattr). It's Send H.264 Receive VP8 that is not covered.
[14:07:15] <Jonathan Lennox> in line
[14:10:16] <Parthasarathi Ravindran> MIC: why 1 m-line with sendonly and another 1 m line with sendrecv is not possible with API?
[14:11:51] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 9: m=line protocol identifier (#70) (I)
[14:13:23] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 10: m=line protocol identifier (#70) (II)
[14:15:34] <Harald Alvestrand> mic: if we ignore the string, how do we tell the difference between the SCTP m-line and the RTP m-line?
[14:17:08] <Harald Alvestrand> mic: we could search for the substring "RTP/" and get the information we need.
[14:20:54] Check Misery leaves the room
[14:21:41] Brian Trammell leaves the room
[14:21:54] <Joe Hall> @hardie I'm not sure if there have been any decisions made!
[14:24:19] <Harald Alvestrand> not for mic: we should call it protocol salad, not protocol sandwich....
[14:24:21] wseltzer joins the room
[14:24:25] <Joe Hall> Data channel spec should be updated to match (what)?
[14:24:38] <Joe Hall> EKR speaks crazy fast
[14:24:49] <hardie@xmpp.rg.net> @Joe "the new protocol sandwich".
[14:24:54] <Joe Hall> ah
[14:25:44] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 11: Max-bundle implies rtcp-mux? (#77)
[14:25:56] <Parthasarathi Ravindran> not for mic: UDP/TLS/RTP/SAVPF indicates RTP over DTLS but actually DTLS-SRTP is used
[14:27:41] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 12: Changing of ICE credentials (#25)
[14:27:48] <Jonathan Lennox> "Pull request" is the new "send text to the list".
[14:33:03] mlepinski leaves the room
[14:35:13] <hardie@xmpp.rg.net> Note to the remote participants:  if we have extra time today, we will bring the rtp usage discussion forward.  The URL for that preso is: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/90/slides/slides-90-rtcweb-7.pdf
[14:36:41] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentation is over
[14:37:15] <Lorenzo Miniero> Colin Perkins presenting
[14:37:17] <hardie@xmpp.rg.net> Lorenzo, do you have it yet?
[14:37:20] heitor joins the room
[14:37:24] <Lorenzo Miniero> yep Ted, tnx :)
[14:37:27] <hardie@xmpp.rg.net> thank you!
[14:37:28] <Lorenzo Miniero> just loaded
[14:37:31] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 2: Changes in -15
[14:39:16] Cullen Jennings joins the room
[14:39:24] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 3: Open Issue: FEC (1/3)
[14:40:18] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: Open Issue: FEC (2/3)
[14:40:57] <hardie@xmpp.rg.net> "We have a long and sordid history with FEC schemes…." Colin Perkins
[14:44:48] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 5: Open Issue: FEC (3/3)
[14:45:54] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: Open Issue: FEC (2/3)
[14:47:46] Muthu Arul Mozhi leaves the room
[14:49:20] Alexa Morris leaves the room
[14:49:59] <Harald Alvestrand> mic: 5109 has 3 declarations, 2 by Colin Perkins
[14:50:50] <hardie@xmpp.rg.net> He's not recommending it anyway, as it doesn't work with Bundle
[14:50:50] <Jonathan Lennox> in line
[14:50:52] <Harald Alvestrand> mic: (seem to be 3rd party on different companies)
[14:51:23] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 5: Open Issue: FEC (3/3)
[14:52:11] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 4: Open Issue: FEC (2/3)
[14:53:56] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 5: Open Issue: FEC (3/3)
[15:04:31] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 6: Open Issue: DTX
[15:06:29] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 7: Open Issue: multiple CNAMEs
[15:09:13] wseltzer joins the room
[15:09:29] <Harald Alvestrand> mic: I support SHOULD, this makes it legal to experiment with alternatives.
[15:14:10] Wolfgang Beck leaves the room
[15:16:01] Wolfgang Beck joins the room
[15:16:04] jvoisin joins the room
[15:16:48] frodek leaves the room
[15:17:14] Joe Hall leaves the room
[15:17:22] Joe Hall joins the room
[15:18:27] Wolfgang Beck leaves the room
[15:18:56] p m leaves the room
[15:19:26] p m joins the room
[15:20:06] burn leaves the room
[15:21:01] <Lorenzo Miniero> Slide 8: Next Steps
[15:21:29] chr1sw3ndt leaves the room
[15:21:38] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[15:21:41] <Harald Alvestrand> bye folks!
[15:21:49] Harald Alvestrand leaves the room
[15:21:59] <Lorenzo Miniero> see you tomorrow! recordings will soon be made available on http://ietf90.conf.meetecho.com
[15:22:14] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentation is over
[15:22:47] hardie@xmpp.rg.net leaves the room
[15:22:48] wseltzer leaves the room
[15:23:01] Parthasarathi Ravindran leaves the room
[15:23:12] Geert vda leaves the room
[15:23:17] p m leaves the room
[15:24:07] Joe Hall leaves the room
[15:24:27] alessandro amirante leaves the room
[15:24:45] John Leslie leaves the room
[15:24:50] serrhini mohammed leaves the room
[15:25:01] Andrew Booth leaves the room
[15:25:11] jvoisin leaves the room
[15:25:14] <Lorenzo Miniero> Presentation is over
[15:25:21] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[15:25:57] Cullen Jennings leaves the room
[15:26:43] Justin Uberti leaves the room
[15:27:59] Justin Uberti joins the room
[15:29:02] heitor leaves the room
[15:34:11] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[15:36:51] Justin Uberti leaves the room
[15:41:40] burn joins the room
[15:44:36] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[15:46:38] Joe Hall joins the room
[15:52:19] burn leaves the room
[16:05:46] Joe Hall leaves the room
[16:10:10] wseltzer joins the room
[16:15:19] wseltzer leaves the room
[16:52:50] wseltzer leaves the room
[16:57:27] Erik Lagerway joins the room
[16:58:07] frodek joins the room
[16:58:37] frodek leaves the room
[17:00:12] burn joins the room
[17:01:08] wseltzer joins the room
[17:01:48] Justin Uberti joins the room
[17:01:56] burn leaves the room
[17:03:01] <Erik Lagerway> Fyi, Microphone is being overdriven
[17:03:11] <Erik Lagerway> remotely at least
[17:06:40] hardie@xmpp.rg.net joins the room
[17:06:43] hardie@xmpp.rg.net leaves the room
[17:10:23] <Erik Lagerway> whoops, wrong jabber room :)
[17:10:31] Erik Lagerway leaves the room
[18:33:28] Justin Uberti leaves the room
[18:49:55] Justin Uberti joins the room
[19:06:02] Justin Uberti leaves the room
[19:08:23] chr1sw3ndt joins the room
[19:23:21] wseltzer leaves the room
[19:45:11] Justin Uberti joins the room
[19:48:52] chr1sw3ndt leaves the room
[20:24:10] Justin Uberti leaves the room
[20:30:15] wseltzer joins the room
[20:46:14] wseltzer joins the room
[20:49:00] wseltzer leaves the room
[21:10:24] wseltzer leaves the room
[21:17:12] wseltzer joins the room
[23:49:26] wseltzer leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!