IETF
secdispatch
secdispatch@jabber.ietf.org
Tuesday, November 6, 2018< ^ >
fenton has set the subject to: SecDispatch @ IETF 102 - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/agenda-102-secdispatch-04
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[08:59:58] Meetecho joins the room
[09:05:08] 5LuYelZF joins the room
[09:05:19] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[09:05:20] Yuji Suga joins the room
[09:05:24] Aleksi Peltonen joins the room
[09:07:44] Daniel Van Geest joins the room
[09:09:38] synp joins the room
[09:10:27] Alan Ford joins the room
[09:11:29] synp has set the subject to: SecDispatch @ IETF 103 - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/103/materials/agenda-103-secdispatch-05
[09:11:52] Bjorn Hjelm joins the room
[09:12:53] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[09:13:04] <synp> Hi, I will be your Jabber scribe. If you want anything relayed at the room mic, please prefix it with "mic:"
[09:14:14] Sean Leonard joins the room
[09:15:36] <synp> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/103/materials/slides-103-secdispatch-certificate-limitation-policy-00 presented by Dmitry
[09:15:51] sftcd joins the room
[09:18:20] <synp> Does anyone in the Jabber room need me to post slide numbers?
[09:19:02] <Jonathan Lennox> (Not that the slides have slide numbers.)
[09:19:11] m&m joins the room
[09:19:41] <synp> They totally do have numbers. The fact that he didn't bother to place the numbers on the slide does not mean they don't have numbers.
[09:21:34] Yuji Suga leaves the room
[09:21:36] Yuji Suga joins the room
[09:23:08] <synp> Ben Kaduk
[09:25:57] <synp> Martin Thomson @ the mic
[09:26:58] kaduk@jabber.org/barnowl joins the room
[09:27:12] nat joins the room
[09:28:21] <synp> chair
[09:28:23] <synp> Valery Smyslov @ the mic
[09:29:38] <synp> At IETF 109 we will present a proposal for a protocol for managing meta-CAs
[09:32:21] <synp> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/103/materials/slides-103-secdispatch-algorithm-identifiers-for-hss-and-xmss-for-use-in-the-internet-x509-public-key-infrastructure-draft-vangeest-x509-hash-sigs-01-00
[09:32:27] <synp> Daniel Van Geest presenting
[09:32:40] Simon Pietro Romano joins the room
[09:38:19] <synp> (Richard Barnes has entered the room)
[09:39:12] <synp> Russ
[09:39:16] <synp> (lamps chair)
[09:39:35] <synp> Daneil Migault at the mic
[09:39:40] <synp> (curdle chair)
[09:39:58] <synp> *Daniel
[09:40:40] <synp> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/103/materials/slides-103-secdispatch-general-security-considerations-for-crypto-assets-custodians-draft-vcgtf-crypto-assets-security-considerations-02-00
[09:41:09] <synp> presented by Hirotaka Nakajima
[09:41:09] Martin Thomson joins the room
[09:42:23] <Jonathan Lennox> synp: That link doesn't seem to match the verwsion of the slides on the screen
[09:42:42] <nat> these are "updated" slides.
[09:42:50] <nat> so yeah. they don't match.
[09:42:51] <kaduk@jabber.org/barnowl> The chairs just loaded the slides from the (latest, refreshed)
materials page
[09:43:32] <synp> I'll refresh the agenda page. Might help.
[09:43:36] <Jonathan Lennox> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/103/materials/slides-103-secdispatch-general-security-considerations-for-crypto-assets-custodians-draft-vcgtf-crypto-assets-security-considerations-02-01
[09:43:41] <Jonathan Lennox> Version -01 vs -00 of the slides
[09:44:04] <Martin Thomson> that is an impressively long URL
[09:44:04] <synp> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/103/materials/slides-103-secdispatch-general-security-considerations-for-crypto-assets-custodians-draft-vcgtf-crypto-assets-security-considerations-02-01
[09:44:51] <Martin Thomson> why ask the IETF to publish the document?  can't you put it on the blockchain?
[09:47:16] <synp> Kathleen Moriarty at the mic
[09:48:05] <synp> Laurence L at the mic
[09:48:28] <synp> Stanislav at the mic
[09:49:11] <synp> Paul Wouters
[09:49:51] <synp> Richard Barnes (from the room mic)
[09:51:33] <synp> Kathleen Moriarty
[09:52:08] <synp> Paul Wouters again
[09:54:19] <synp> ekr
[09:54:47] <synp> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/103/materials/slides-103-secdispatch-nimble-out-of-band-authentication-for-eap-eap-noob-draft-aura-eap-noob-04-01
[09:54:55] <synp> Tuomas Aura presenting
[10:04:11] <synp> ekr at the mic
[10:06:18] <Martin Thomson> UKS
[10:08:35] <Martin Thomson> he doesn't need to answer now, but it will require thought, that's all
[10:10:13] <synp> Ben Kaduk @ the mic
[10:11:26] <synp> Martin Thomson
[10:12:12] <Aleksi Peltonen> This draft seems promising, I would be interested in working on it
[10:12:49] <synp> Joe Sallowey (emu chair)
[10:14:17] <synp> Mohit Sethi
[10:15:31] <synp> Didn't EAP use to be only for authenticating *users* for network access?
[10:15:51] <synp> Joe at the mic
[10:16:04] <kaduk@jabber.org/barnowl> https://trac.ietf.org/trac/ietf/meeting/wiki/103sidemeetings says "IoT
Onboarding Mechanisms - MOVED TO CHITLADA 2"
[10:16:30] <synp> Max Pala
[10:17:30] <synp> Daniel Migault
[10:17:52] <synp> Mohit
[10:18:37] <synp> Joe Sallowey
[10:19:10] <synp> Abhijan B at the mic
[10:20:48] <synp> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/103/materials/slides-103-secdispatch-extended-security-considerations-for-the-automatic-certificate-management-environment-draft-fiebig-acme-esecacme-00-02
[10:21:39] <synp> Tobias presenting
[10:21:46] <synp> Another long URL
[10:26:09] <synp> Jonathan Lennox
[10:26:51] <synp> Richard Barnes (from the room mic)
[10:29:18] <synp> Sean Turner
[10:29:24] <synp> Richard Barnes
[10:29:36] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[10:31:26] <synp> Jonathan Lennox
[10:32:05] <synp> ekr
[10:32:22] <synp> Ben Kaduk
[10:34:46] <synp> ekr
[10:36:46] <synp> wrapping up
[10:36:53] sftcd leaves the room
[10:37:23] Alan Ford leaves the room
[10:38:41] nat leaves the room: Machine is going to sleep
[10:38:46] Martin Thomson leaves the room
[10:38:48] Daniel Van Geest leaves the room
[10:38:48] Aleksi Peltonen leaves the room
[10:38:48] Bjorn Hjelm leaves the room
[10:38:48] Yuji Suga leaves the room
[10:38:48] Sean Leonard leaves the room
[10:38:48] Simon Pietro Romano leaves the room
[10:39:49] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[10:40:25] synp leaves the room
[10:44:57] Martin Thomson joins the room
[10:45:07] Martin Thomson leaves the room
[10:47:38] Meetecho leaves the room
[10:57:00] m&m leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[11:07:42] synp joins the room
[11:12:49] synp leaves the room
[11:28:31] kaduk@jabber.org/barnowl leaves the room
[11:52:00] nat joins the room
[11:52:27] nat leaves the room
[14:26:25] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[14:27:20] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[14:41:21] m&m joins the room
[14:58:26] m&m leaves the room: Disconnected: No route to host
[16:45:15] Martin Thomson joins the room
[17:08:44] Martin Thomson leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!