[00:01:41] --- llugh has left: Logged out
[12:22:58] --- JMcA has left: Logged out
[12:23:12] --- JMcA has joined
[14:40:01] --- JMcA has left
[18:42:23] --- lisaDusseault@jabber.psg.com has joined
[18:42:56] --- mnvakil has joined
[18:43:06] --- JoelMHalpern has joined
[18:43:07] --- frodek has joined
[18:43:11] --- shidaschubert has joined
[18:48:18] --- jason.fischl has joined
[18:51:07] --- wouter has joined
[18:51:09] --- bhoeneis has joined
[18:51:24] <shidaschubert> Is anybody jabber scribing?
[18:55:23] --- tfroment has joined
[18:55:33] --- jr111 has joined
[18:55:43] --- m_7777 has joined
[18:55:49] <shidaschubert> OMA wants to use the draft(Chat using SIMPLE)..
[18:56:16] <shidaschubert> Aki: Explained the changes since the last version.
[18:56:34] <shidaschubert> Aki: Got rid of DISTSEND, all messages are sent using SEND now.
[18:56:42] <shidaschubert> CPIM To/Fro used for identification and routing.
[18:57:13] <shidaschubert> Aki: Spoke about the nickname.
[18:57:40] <shidaschubert> Aki: Issues > missing some nice tohave features such as message history.
[18:58:16] <shidaschubert> Aki: Issues > Regarding nicknames agree to define it in generalize way -> XCON.
[18:58:17] --- wouter has left: Logged out
[18:59:46] --- shidaschubert has left
[19:00:48] --- Alan H has joined
[19:01:15] <Alan H> Gain on audio channel is horrid. If possible please use mic clearly and effectively. Thanks.
[19:03:21] --- JoelMHalpern has left
[19:04:32] <tfroment> slides available: http://www.softarmor.com/simple/meets/ietf65/slides/niemi-simple-chat-210306.pdf
[19:04:53] <bhoeneis> Rohan Many speaking
[19:04:57] <tfroment> current: discussion between proposal 1 and proposal 2
[19:05:58] <bhoeneis> RM: Against proposal nr. 1 (no providuriums)
[19:06:19] --- dmalas has joined
[19:06:23] <bhoeneis> Keith Drage speaking
[19:06:53] --- lisaDusseault@jabber.psg.com has left: Replaced by new connection
[19:07:10] --- dmalas has left
[19:10:12] <bhoeneis> Adam roach speaking
[19:10:34] <bhoeneis> AR: 4 seperable problems
[19:13:48] <bhoeneis> Ben Campbell speaking
[19:14:53] <bhoeneis> BC: We cannot wait for XCON, but interim solution never go away
[19:16:58] <bhoeneis> (mike) not solve the problem at different places
[19:19:26] <bhoeneis> Jonathan Rosenber speaking
[19:20:29] <bhoeneis> JR: It was about MM communication, not just about IM
[19:21:02] <bhoeneis> JR: SIP/SIMPLE/SCON solution provide a framwork for MM communication
[19:21:46] <bhoeneis> Keith Drage speaking
[19:22:41] <tfroment> KD: have you checked how it does co-exist with current XCON solution, Aki: not yet
[19:22:51] <bhoeneis> Markus Isomaki speaking
[19:23:52] <bhoeneis> Dean Willis speaking
[19:24:51] <bhoeneis> (Mike) I can do everything twice
[19:25:26] <bhoeneis> Mary: Whatever is done here, XCON framework should not break
[19:25:54] <bhoeneis> correction: should not break the XCON framework
[19:26:32] <bhoeneis> Robert sparks (chair) summarizes
[19:26:47] <bhoeneis> people like this version of the draft more than the last version
[19:28:26] <bhoeneis> sidebar control: Solve this problems by XCON or doing something intermediate here
[19:29:12] <bhoeneis> Aki: Is the way forward something around proposal 2 ?
[19:29:54] <bhoeneis> RJS: Stuff around signalling plane needs to be moved to XCON
[19:30:28] --- frodek has left
[19:30:34] --- frodek has joined
[19:31:33] <bhoeneis> http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06mar/slides/simple-2.ppt
[19:38:55] <bhoeneis> RJS: Several thing to ask the people in the room:
[19:39:55] <bhoeneis> RJS: Who thinks this IMDN is important? Some hum
[19:41:04] <bhoeneis> Conclusion: IMDN is important, and some people want to work on it
[19:41:40] <bhoeneis> RJS: What is to be sone in SIMPLE?
[19:41:50] <bhoeneis> HK: Check if we forgot something
[19:44:07] <bhoeneis> RJS: no need to ask for WG item
[19:46:37] <bhoeneis> Design team will meet on Thurday, send email to RJS, if interested
[19:47:41] <bhoeneis> http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06mar/slides/simple-4.ppt
[19:49:48] <bhoeneis> Henning Schulzrinne speaking
[19:55:36] --- aki has joined
[20:00:11] <bhoeneis> RJS: Is this problem significantly important to send SIMPLE time on?
[20:00:33] <bhoeneis> RJS: Create a milestone?
[20:01:10] <bhoeneis> RJS: Should this draft become a WG item: stronger hum for 'no'
[20:01:30] <bhoeneis> RJS: WG said 'no'
[20:02:07] <bhoeneis> Rohan has no slides...
[20:03:38] <bhoeneis> Will update draft according to comments received
[20:06:17] --- mnvakil has left
[20:06:32] --- jason.fischl has left
[20:07:21] <bhoeneis> http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06mar/slides/simple-0.ppt
[20:07:35] <bhoeneis> slide 7
[20:08:16] <bhoeneis> Outstanding Charter Milestones: - CPIM mapping - Advanced messaging requirements - SIMPLE architecture draft
[20:10:49] --- m_7777 has left
[20:12:05] --- sumanthc has joined
[20:20:10] --- gdweber has joined
[20:24:13] <bhoeneis> Other Remaining Work:
[20:24:17] <bhoeneis> - Composition
[20:24:38] <bhoeneis> Henning Schulzinne speaking
[20:25:04] <bhoeneis> Will contribute something on this
[20:26:21] <bhoeneis> Keith Drage: guidelines are needed at least
[20:27:11] --- sumanthc has left
[20:27:14] <bhoeneis> Jonathan Rosenberg: A lot of stuff is documented already
[20:27:22] --- joshlitt has joined
[20:27:34] --- sumanthc has joined
[20:28:35] --- sumanthc has left
[20:28:56] --- joshlitt has left
[20:29:33] <bhoeneis> RJS (chair) intends charter/milestone reset
[20:31:08] <bhoeneis> Going foward: - Last call current document set - xcap : 27Mar-3Apr (abbreviated) - partial-* : 3Apr-17Apr - Presence-rules : 10Apr-28Apr (SIPit is 17Apr-21Apr)
[20:32:18] <bhoeneis> (tentative and to be coordinate with other RAI WGs)
[20:32:53] <bhoeneis> xcap will be be moved for one week
[20:33:14] <bhoeneis> will probabely slip all of these docs
[20:33:51] <bhoeneis> Recharter - Reset milestones: 06June CPIM Mapping 06June IMDN/Receipt 06July IM Requirements 06Sep SIMPLE Architecture 06Nov Remaining Mech for IM Requirements 07Apr Composition 07July Close SIMPLE
[20:35:42] --- gdweber has left
[20:36:38] <aki> Where's multi-user chat in this set of milestones?
[20:38:47] <tfroment> good question
[20:41:04] --- tfroment has left
[20:41:15] <bhoeneis> Meeting closed.
[20:41:21] --- jr111 has left
[20:54:26] --- aki has left
[20:58:33] --- frodek has left
[21:00:59] --- bhoeneis has left