IETF
soc@jabber.ietf.org
Wednesday, 28 March 2012< ^ >
Lorenzo Miniero has set the subject to: SOC WG session http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/81/agenda/soc.txt
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[12:58:07] oej joins the room
[13:05:31] <oej> Hello all… Well, that's me.
[13:05:37] <oej> :-)
[13:06:22] jgunn joins the room
[13:11:10] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[13:11:13] Dan York joins the room
[13:11:19] Meetecho audio joins the room
[13:11:34] <oej> Hello folks. I will be your jabber scribe during this session.
[13:11:50] <oej> If you need me to say anything for you, please prefix with "mic:"
[13:12:07] <oej> If you have issues with audio feed, please report back here
[13:12:24] Tobia Castaldi joins the room
[13:12:35] <oej> Or you can do it yourself in MeetEcho or on the phone line
[13:12:52] <oej> Agenda: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/agenda/agenda-83-soc.txt
[13:12:59] Alessandro Amirante joins the room
[13:13:00] <oej> Salvatore talking (chair)
[13:13:09] <jgunn> The Meetecho site says the session is not available yet. When will it connect?>
[13:13:11] Eric Noel joins the room
[13:13:18] Simon Romano joins the room
[13:13:19] <Alessandro Amirante> it got connected just now
[13:13:19] <Lorenzo Miniero> it should be available
[13:13:31] <oej> Page "Agenda"
[13:14:14] Janet Gunn joins the room
[13:14:23] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Agenda
 
[13:14:23] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Agenda
 
[13:14:31] <Lorenzo Miniero> does it work now?
[13:14:37] <Lorenzo Miniero> does it work now?
[13:14:44] <Alessandro Amirante> Meetecho is up and running at www.meetecho.com/ietf83/soc
[13:14:55] John Leslie joins the room
[13:15:17] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: WG
 Status
 
[13:15:17] <Simon Romano> Sorry about the delay, guys...we're really jumping from one room to the other!
[13:15:29] <Simon Romano> The room is up now...
[13:16:19] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentazione interrotta
[13:16:21] <oej> — next presentation - Vijay
[13:16:33] <oej> Vijay K Gurbani
[13:16:39] <Eric Noel> Is audio and video up, I cannot see anything?
[13:16:46] <Alessandro Amirante> If you want to both use your jabber client and Meetecho, please note that you have to use different nicknames...
[13:16:46] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: IETF-83 SOC WG March 28, 2012 Paris, Fra
[13:16:48] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Changes since last meeting
[13:17:13] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Changes since last meeting
[13:17:34] <Lorenzo Miniero> Eric have you dialed the phone number?
[13:17:47] <Lorenzo Miniero> +1-323-927-1090
[13:18:01] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Changes since last meeting
[13:18:05] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Latest feedback on list
[13:18:09] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Changes since last meeting
[13:18:31] <jgunn> Can't get meetecho to work, using IETF audio
[13:18:33] <Eric Noel> Just called the audio bridge. Thanks
[13:18:51] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Latest feedback on list
[13:19:29] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Next steps
[13:20:11] <oej> Adam Roach speaking
[13:21:10] <oej> Partha Ravindran speaking
[13:21:44] <jgunn> On the audio bridge now
[13:21:45] <Lorenzo Miniero> jgunn you mean the RTSP stream doesn't work for you?
[13:22:22] Janet Gunn leaves the room
[13:23:01] <Lorenzo Miniero> cause I've just checed and it seems fine
[13:23:03] <oej> Salvatore (chair) talking
[13:23:58] <oej> If you have anything you want to voice, please prefix statement with "mic:" - thanks.
[13:24:08] <Lorenzo Miniero> Eric can you hear fine?
[13:24:08] jgunn leaves the room
[13:24:29] <Eric Noel> Yes thanks
[13:24:55] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentazione interrotta
[13:25:09] Eric Noel leaves the room
[13:25:17] <oej> — Next presentation
[13:25:41] <oej> Agenda: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/83/agenda/agenda-83-soc.txt
[13:25:50] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: Overview of draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate
[13:25:57] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Introduction
[13:26:00] <oej> Phil Willians - overview of rate control
[13:26:07] <oej> draft-ietf-soc-overload-rate-control-01
[13:26:33] Eric Noel joins the room
[13:26:48] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Introduction
[13:26:48] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Motivations
[13:26:48] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Introduction
[13:27:09] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Overview: Commonality
[13:27:24] <oej> Ouch. Pictures and not ascii art on the slide. This is the IETF!
[13:27:42] <Tobia Castaldi> :)
[13:28:07] <Lorenzo Miniero> all those colors!
[13:28:12] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Motivations
[13:28:25] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 4: Overview: Commonality
[13:28:44] <oej> Vijay was speaking
[13:28:53] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Motivations
[13:29:22] <Alessandro Amirante> Please note that Meetecho is streaming the slide deck available on the materials page...
[13:29:33] <Alessandro Amirante> the projected one is a little different
[13:29:53] <Alessandro Amirante> mainly the slides order is different
[13:30:16] Eric Noel leaves the room
[13:30:50] jgunn joins the room
[13:31:12] Eric Noel joins the room
[13:31:39] <oej> Phil (chair) talking
[13:31:49] <oej> Sorry - Volker
[13:31:59] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 5: Client and Server Rate-control Algorithm
[13:32:10] <jgunn> Got kicked off, but I am back now
[13:32:17] <oej> Welcome back
[13:32:33] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 6: Key oc Via parameter values
[13:33:43] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 7: Server operation overview
[13:34:33] John Leslie leaves the room
[13:35:15] John Leslie joins the room
[13:35:45] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 8: Illustrative Client Algorithms
[13:36:22] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 9: Client operation: basic example
[13:39:20] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 10: Priority scheme in client
[13:40:27] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 11: Avoidance of resonance
[13:40:34] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 10: Priority scheme in client
[13:40:36] <oej> Vijay talking
[13:42:01] <jgunn> MIC - Requiements doc says prioritization is local policy at client
[13:42:01] <jgunn> Req doc says prioritization is local client policy
[13:42:14] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 11: Avoidance of resonance
[13:42:27] <oej> queued
[13:43:25] <oej> done
[13:43:31] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 10: Priority scheme in client
[13:43:48] <jgunn> My comment was to answer Vijay's comment
[13:43:57] <oej> Ahh
[13:44:27] <oej> Clarified
[13:44:56] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 11: Avoidance of resonance
[13:45:03] vijay.gurbani joins the room
[13:45:15] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 12: Conclusions
[13:45:35] <oej> Volker (chair) talking
[13:46:34] <oej> Volker talking again
[13:46:57] <oej> jgunn: Vijay has entered the chat room :-)
[13:47:19] Martin Dolly joins the room
[13:47:59] Martin Dolly leaves the room
[13:49:03] <oej> — Next presentation ---
[13:49:23] <oej> Volker paging Charles ???
[13:49:37] <oej> Charles Shen
[13:49:49] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentazione interrotta
[13:50:08] <oej> Volker (chair) talking
[13:50:09] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 1: A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Load
[13:50:11] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 2: Addressed comments received both online
[13:50:24] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Continued
[13:51:20] <Tobia Castaldi> Slide 3: Continued
[13:51:35] <oej> Phil Williams talking
[13:52:35] <jgunn> thanks
[13:52:47] Meetecho audio leaves the room
[13:52:49] <Tobia Castaldi> bye
[13:52:51] <oej> That concludes our session today. Thank you for participating!
[13:52:52] <oej> Bye
[13:52:53] Alessandro Amirante leaves the room
[13:52:58] jgunn leaves the room
[13:53:26] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[13:53:36] Simon Romano leaves the room
[13:54:18] Eric Noel leaves the room
[13:54:41] John Leslie leaves the room
[13:54:54] <Tobia Castaldi> Presentazione interrotta
[13:54:56] Tobia Castaldi leaves the room
[13:55:29] oej leaves the room
[14:06:38] Dan York leaves the room
[14:08:56] oej joins the room
[14:13:47] vijay.gurbani leaves the room
[14:38:48] vijay.gurbani joins the room
[14:57:42] vijay.gurbani leaves the room