[10:14:00] --- LOGGING STARTED
[12:59:30] --- LOGGING STARTED
[13:03:30] --- LOGGING STARTED
[15:05:09] --- mallman has joined
[15:05:27] --- mallman has left
[15:17:25] --- eblanton has joined
[15:18:08] --- eblanton has left
[15:23:57] --- acaro has joined
[16:00:41] --- psavola has joined
[16:01:21] --- jishac has joined
[16:11:22] --- jishac has left
[16:11:30] --- jishac has joined
[16:12:44] --- Ted has joined
[16:13:14] --- Ted is now known as Ted Faber
[16:17:10] --- weddy-vz has joined
[16:18:35] --- mallman has joined
[16:19:04] <mallman> meeting materials at http://www.icir.org/mallman/share/tcpm65/
[16:20:29] <Ted Faber> Awesome.
[16:20:44] <Ted Faber> (You want me on a separate channel, too?)
[16:21:45] --- pguenther has joined
[16:22:29] --- lars has joined
[16:25:38] <lars> topic: mallman intro
[16:25:55] <Ted Faber> Sound is good, if anyone cares
[16:26:10] --- pfc has joined
[16:26:22] <lars> anyone else but me in the room?
[16:26:41] <Ted Faber> I count 9. You see me Lars??
[16:26:41] <psavola> me..
[16:26:49] <lars> ok, yell if i miss stuff
[16:28:07] <lars> ted: meant room as in same room as mallman
[16:28:14] <lars> i.e., in dallas
[16:28:24] <Ted Faber> Sorry. :-)
[16:28:46] <Ted Faber> How many people there?
[16:28:54] <lars> 40 maybe
[16:29:01] <lars> 2/3 in the last few rows
[16:29:13] <lars> you draw a bigger crowd
[16:29:39] <Ted Faber> Heh.
[16:30:19] --- dumdidum has joined
[16:30:39] <Ted Faber> Bonica?
[16:30:47] <lars> yes
[16:30:49] <Ted Faber> Roger
[16:31:27] <lars> topic: tcp auth
[16:31:38] <lars> ron coming up to show his slides
[16:32:57] --- mallman has left: Replaced by new connection
[16:32:58] --- mallman has joined
[16:33:03] <lars> draft-bonica-tcp-auth
[16:34:05] <lars> slide: approach
[16:34:42] <lars> slide: alt. approaches
[16:35:10] <lars> next slide
[16:35:22] <lars> next slide
[16:35:41] <Ted Faber> (slide 7)
[16:35:42] <lars> next slide
[16:35:48] <lars> slide: sending system proc.
[16:36:01] <lars> slides don't have page numbers
[16:36:07] <lars> slide: recv sys proc.
[16:36:22] <lars> slide: auth error proc
[16:36:32] <lars> slide: coming soon
[16:37:18] <lars> done
[16:37:21] <lars> with slides
[16:39:22] <lars> bob braden
[16:43:06] --- Fang has joined
[16:43:20] --- wrstuden has joined
[16:43:46] <Ted Faber> Lars: ask Mark to look at his screen
[16:43:58] <wrstuden> screen -r
[16:44:08] --- dumdidum has left: Replaced by new connection
[16:45:31] <Ted Faber> IKE?
[16:46:27] <lars> ted: should i still?
[16:46:35] <Ted Faber> No. Fine.
[16:46:46] <lars> ok
[16:47:52] --- dumdidum has joined
[16:50:55] --- sarolaht has joined
[16:51:58] --- admcd has joined
[16:52:08] --- falk has joined
[16:52:10] <lars> dave borman
[16:52:21] <lars> (i think)
[16:52:33] --- Fang has left: Computer went to sleep
[16:53:03] <falk> yes, Dave Borman
[16:54:12] <lars> draft-weis-tcp-auth-auto-ks
[16:54:29] <lars> slide 2
[16:55:24] <lars> 3
[16:55:46] <lars> 4
[16:57:12] <lars> 5
[16:57:49] <lars> 6
[16:58:27] <lars> 7
[16:58:52] <lars> 8
[16:59:26] <lars> 9
[17:00:02] <lars> 10
[17:00:45] <lars> 11
[17:01:32] <lars> 12
[17:01:49] <lars> 13
[17:02:49] <lars> 14
[17:03:58] <lars> 15
[17:04:07] --- Fang has joined
[17:04:20] <lars> 16
[17:04:34] <Ted Faber> Lars: This is a *lot* of complexity (i.e., crap) to add to TCP. The details of this stuff is not really the issue at this point. They need a strong argument to say that this security needs to be in layer 4.
[17:04:39] <lars> 17
[17:04:45] <Ted Faber> (That's chair hat off)
[17:04:46] <lars> right
[17:04:57] <Ted Faber> You can tell them I said that. :-)
[17:06:30] <mallman> i will relay that, ted.
[17:06:48] <mallman> ok, i think argument is being made
[17:06:52] <mallman> should i read it?
[17:07:09] <Ted Faber> You know if we *can't* use it for telnet, why is it here?
[17:07:13] <Ted Faber> Up to you.
[17:07:22] <Ted Faber> Happy to have you do so,
[17:10:25] <lars> matt mathis
[17:14:53] <lars> it' mabe be easier to put congestion control into ipsec :-)
[17:14:59] --- lars has left
[17:15:04] <Ted Faber> Har de har
[17:15:42] --- lars has joined
[17:16:49] --- mallman has left
[17:17:50] <pfc> Would it be terrible to add the functions here to IPSec and allow TCP (specifically BGP) to "prompt" IPSec to change keys???
[17:18:26] <Ted Faber> (that seems like a good question)
[17:18:49] <lars> i'll read it, mallman is offline
[17:20:20] <lars> pfc: does this answer your comment?
[17:20:26] <Ted Faber> Any hope of a mike?
[17:20:36] <pfc> Yes. Thanks.
[17:20:41] <lars> ok
[17:21:34] --- wrstuden has left: Computer went to sleep
[17:22:13] --- lars has left: Logged out
[17:26:39] --- dumdidum has left: Replaced by new connection
[17:29:18] --- dumdidum has joined
[17:30:13] --- dumdidum has left
[17:39:56] --- admcd has left
[17:44:41] --- Fang has left: Computer went to sleep
[17:45:41] --- mallman has joined
[17:52:55] <weddy-vz> I agree
[17:53:45] --- wrstuden has joined
[18:02:11] <jishac> I'm guessing that the "this" Mark is talking about is method #2 on the charts?
[18:02:20] <Ted Faber> Yes.
[18:11:37] --- Fang has joined
[18:12:10] <Ted Faber> I deny everything
[18:14:03] --- Fang has left
[18:14:37] <Ted Faber> Sure,
[18:15:16] --- jishac has left
[18:16:31] --- falk has left: Computer went to sleep
[18:16:42] --- pguenther has left
[18:16:47] --- pfc has left
[18:16:53] --- Ted Faber has left: offline
[18:16:58] --- weddy-vz has left
[18:18:01] --- wrstuden has left
[18:22:38] --- sarolaht has left
[18:23:09] --- acaro has left
[18:34:03] --- mallman has left
[18:36:55] --- falk has joined
[18:37:08] --- falk has left
[18:57:55] --- yushun has joined
[19:01:02] --- yushun has left
[19:19:38] --- mallman has joined
[19:19:58] --- mallman has left
[19:37:01] --- psavola has left
[19:52:46] --- william.gilliam@2entwine.net has joined
[19:57:04] --- william.gilliam@2entwine.net has left