IETF
teep
teep@jabber.ietf.org
Tuesday, March 20, 2018< ^ >
synp has set the subject to: Trusted Execution Environment Protocol (TEEP) BOF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-teep/
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[13:14:07] meetecho joins the room
[13:14:15] GDYMsE5j joins the room
[13:25:15] Chaunoda Osego Batisani joins the room
[13:25:18] Dave Crocker joins the room
[13:28:29] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[13:31:02] <Dave Crocker> No audio.
[13:31:02] Bjorn Hjelm joins the room
[13:31:20] resnick joins the room
[13:31:39] amontville joins the room
[13:31:46] <resnick> We’ve not started yet.
[13:32:06] Andrew Atyeo joins the room
[13:32:44] Dave Crocker leaves the room
[13:33:10] Dave Crocker joins the room
[13:33:20] amontville leaves the room
[13:33:42] <Dave Crocker> the mics are usually live by now.
[13:34:03] amontville joins the room
[13:34:27] Chaunoda Osego Batisani leaves the room
[13:34:57] Chaunoda Osego Batisani joins the room
[13:35:20] <Dave Crocker> oh good.  live now.
[13:35:50] <resnick> I am jabber scribing. If you want me to say something at the mic, please preface your comment with “MIC:”.
[13:36:07] Mingliang Pei joins the room
[13:36:40] <resnick> (Please give your name, since I have a stupid jabber client that doesn’t understand these Meetecho identifiers)
[13:36:54] Chaunoda Osego Batisani leaves the room
[13:37:20] <resnick> Chairs slides <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/materials/slides-101-teep-chairs-slides-02>
[13:37:27] <resnick> Agenda bashing going on.
[13:37:27] David Wheeler joins the room
[13:37:48] <resnick> Anyone with requests for changes to the agenda please let us know.
[13:38:20] <resnick> Moving right along…
[13:38:53] Satoru Kanno joins the room
[13:39:09] Piers O'Hanlon joins the room
[13:39:24] <resnick> (BTW: Nancy was first to speak, now Dave, as if you didn’t know.)
[13:39:53] Piers O'Hanlon leaves the room
[13:39:54] Piers O'Hanlon joins the room
[13:41:24] <resnick> Reviewing milestone dates. Any comments from Jabber?
[13:42:42] <resnick> Dave now switching to Problem Statement Recap <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/materials/slides-101-teep-problem-statement-recap-00>
[13:43:25] resnick whines about doing reviews during the WG meeting, but he lost this battle years ago.
[13:44:01] kaduk@jabber.org/barnowl joins the room
[13:44:57] <resnick> To repeat for the new arrivals: I am jabber scribing. If you want me to say something at the mic, please preface your comment with “MIC:”.
[13:44:58] Yuji SUga joins the room
[13:45:42] <resnick> On the “Benefits of TEE” slide.
[13:46:25] <resnick> “Background: Hardware Details”, the GP architecture picture.
[13:47:26] <resnick> Up to “Example use cases for TEE apps” slide
[13:49:16] <resnick> “Entity Roles and Example Experience”
[13:52:03] <resnick> “Gapes to utilize hardware based security”
[13:52:08] <resnick> Or gaps
[13:52:17] <resnick> Though gapes are awfully amusing.
[13:52:20] <kaduk@jabber.org/barnowl> We are gaping at the audacity of it?
[13:52:35] <resnick> ;)
[13:54:51] <resnick> Moving on to Use Cases slides: Potential Use Cases <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/materials/slides-101-teep-potential-use-cases-00>
[13:57:15] <David Wheeler> Are we missing the TAM for attestation verification?
[13:57:42] <resnick> A question for the mic, or hoping someone here will answer?
[13:58:04] <David Wheeler> I can't speak from where I am = too noisy
[13:58:26] <resnick> I can relay if you want. That’s why I’m here.
[13:58:34] <David Wheeler> yes, please relay
[13:58:40] <resnick> Name please.
[13:58:49] <David Wheeler> David Wheeler, Intel
[13:59:43] <David Wheeler> I thought the tam was independent
[13:59:50] metricamerica joins the room
[14:00:34] <David Wheeler> OK, I'll hod on to that for arch discussion
[14:00:40] <resnick> ack
[14:01:18] <resnick> Reminder: If you want me to say something at the mic, all you have to do is prefix it with “Mic: <insert name>”
[14:03:31] Christopher Inacio joins the room
[14:06:41] <resnick> Das at the mic.
[14:07:22] <resnick> Subir Das, that is.
[14:08:29] <resnick> Hannes Tschofenig
[14:09:37] <resnick> Mingliang Pei
[14:11:07] <resnick> Subir
[14:11:31] <David Wheeler> YES!
[14:11:44] <resnick> Did you want me to shout that for you David? :-)
[14:11:49] <David Wheeler> SURE!
[14:12:09] <kaduk@jabber.org/barnowl> For an alternate
tam... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tam_o%27_shanter_(cap)
[14:12:11] Xiaojian Ding joins the room
[14:12:48] <resnick> Who is that?
[14:13:37] amontville leaves the room
[14:13:39] <resnick> Govolinsky
[14:14:14] amontville joins the room
[14:14:27] <resnick> Gene Golovinsky
[14:14:35] <resnick> Then Hannes
[14:14:46] <resnick> now Mingliang
[14:15:24] <resnick> Now Hannes presenting Architecture <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/materials/slides-101-teep-architecture-00>
[14:16:36] <resnick> On the “Scope” slide.
[14:17:39] Xiaojian Ding leaves the room
[14:21:19] =JeffH joins the room
[14:22:31] <resnick> Subir at the mic
[14:22:33] <David Wheeler> A TEE must have multiple TEEs
[14:22:45] <resnick> mic?
[14:22:49] <kaduk@jabber.org/barnowl> paradox?
[14:22:58] <kaduk@jabber.org/barnowl> a device must be able to have TEEs, maybe?
[14:23:12] Dave Crocker leaves the room
[14:23:16] Dave Crocker joins the room
[14:23:33] <resnick> Mingliang at the mic
[14:24:26] <resnick> and back to Subir.
[14:24:35] <resnick> Chair (Dave) now.
[14:24:41] <resnick> Subir
[14:24:46] <resnick> Back to Hannes
[14:26:28] <resnick> David, you’re up. Ready to present?
[14:26:36] <David Wheeler> My mic isn't working
[14:26:54] <David Wheeler> There must be multipel TEEs, though
[14:27:20] <resnick> will relay
[14:27:35] <David Wheeler> But the device represents the OEM relationship to the TEE
[14:28:14] <resnick> Sven Schrecker at the mic
[14:29:14] <resnick> Mingliang
[14:29:59] <resnick> Max Pritkin
[14:30:49] David Wheeler leaves the room
[14:32:13] David Wheeler joins the room
[14:32:16] <resnick> Chair (Dave) gives consensus as he sees it. Back to Hannes.
[14:33:07] <resnick> Back to Hannes.
[14:33:11] <resnick> Now Dave.
[14:33:26] Henk Birkholz joins the room
[14:33:26] <resnick> Hannes.
[14:34:14] <resnick> Mingliang
[14:35:02] <resnick> Dave
[14:36:11] <resnick> Arashmid Akhavain
[14:37:48] <resnick> Andrew Atyeo from Meetecho.
[14:37:51] <resnick> Hannes.
[14:37:56] <resnick> Andrew.
[14:38:10] Jeremy O'DOnoghue joins the room
[14:38:17] <resnick> Hannes
[14:38:34] <resnick> Erik Nordmark.
[14:39:22] Andrew Atyeo leaves the room
[14:39:22] <resnick> Hannes
[14:39:59] <resnick> Mingliang
[14:40:25] Henry Hotz joins the room
[14:40:44] Andrew Atyeo joins the room
[14:40:54] Scott Rose joins the room
[14:41:02] <Jeremy O'DOnoghue> If TEEP wishes to be interoperable with the work on OTrP being undertaken at GlobalPlatform, a Security Domain may have more than one TA
[14:41:19] <resnick> mic?
[14:41:32] <resnick> Erik
[14:41:44] Andrew Atyeo leaves the room
[14:42:33] <resnick> Dave
[14:42:42] <resnick> Mingliang
[14:43:13] Andrew Atyeo joins the room
[14:43:41] <David Wheeler> THere is not an ability to run an OS inside SGX (please relay)
[14:43:43] <resnick> Erik
[14:43:49] <resnick> Mingliang
[14:43:51] <resnick> Sven
[14:44:34] Andrew Atyeo leaves the room
[14:44:35] Andrew Atyeo joins the room
[14:44:40] <resnick> Chair (Nancy) cuts the mic line on this one.
[14:45:06] <resnick> Back to Hannes.
[14:45:18] Andrew Atyeo leaves the room
[14:45:42] Andrew Atyeo joins the room
[14:45:43] <Mingliang Pei> @jeremy do you want jabber to read out your comment on multiple TA per SD?
[14:46:21] <resnick> As in, relay at the mic in the room…?
[14:46:55] <resnick> Now Mingliang Pei on Open Trust Protocol <https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/materials/slides-101-teep-open-trust-protocol-01>
[14:55:15] Henry Hotz leaves the room
[14:56:45] <resnick> Max Pritkin at the mic
[14:58:03] Morton joins the room
[14:58:19] =JeffH leaves the room
[14:59:25] Yuji SUga leaves the room
[15:02:19] Morton leaves the room
[15:03:10] <resnick> Mingliang done.
[15:03:27] <resnick> Chair (Nancy) doing administrivia during changeover of presentations.
[15:04:04] <resnick> Back to https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/101/materials/slides-101-teep-chairs-slides-02, last 3 slides.
[15:04:21] Morton joins the room
[15:04:22] Morton has set the subject to: Trusted Execution Environment Protocol (TEEP) BOF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-teep/
[15:05:13] <resnick> Discussion: Message format.
[15:05:23] <resnick> Any thoughts?
[15:05:42] <resnick> Hannes
[15:06:17] <Dave Crocker> MIC: alternatives create complexity and breed errors. What is the compelling reason not to have a single, canonical format over the wire?
[15:06:32] <resnick> Name?
[15:06:47] <Dave Crocker> What are you asking?
[15:07:07] <resnick> What is your name? My jabber client is screwy and I can’t see in Meetecho rooms.
[15:07:23] <David Wheeler> a binary representation is required from my opinion for IoT (please relay)
[15:07:24] <Dave Crocker> This is dcrocker.
[15:07:30] <resnick> ack
[15:08:47] gianluca capitani joins the room
[15:09:27] <Dave Crocker> MIC: it's probably worth distinguishing having two core formats, versus having a single core format, with some standards for transforming into additional forms.
[15:09:34] <Dave Crocker> (that was dcrocker again.)
[15:10:00] gianluca capitani leaves the room
[15:11:01] <resnick> Bret Jordan
[15:12:37] <Dave Crocker> MIC (dcrocker): Dave Thaler's interpretation of what I said is different than what I mean.  I'm suggesting a single common format, but separate effort to /gateway/ to alternative formats.  The difference is where the alternatives occur.  (And, yes, when everything happens within a constrained environment, they might use the alternative format only.
[15:13:50] <Henk Birkholz> Henk: tcg starts usung cbor
[15:14:15] <resnick> Do you need me to say that, since we’re moving on?
[15:14:28] <resnick> I’m happy to get up and say that.
[15:14:36] Morton has set the subject to: Trusted Execution Environment Protocol (TEEP) BOF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-teep/
[15:14:48] <Henk Birkholz> Pls, yes
[15:15:02] <Henk Birkholz> Pls, yes
[15:15:08] <resnick> will do.
[15:15:09] Morton has set the subject to: Trusted Execution Environment Protocol (TEEP) BOF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-teep/
[15:15:40] <resnick> After this speaker.
[15:16:31] Morton has set the subject to: Trusted Execution Environment Protocol (TEEP) BOF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-teep/
[15:17:12] <Henk Birkholz> Coap would also align better with cbor
[15:17:19] Morton has set the subject to: Trusted Execution Environment Protocol (TEEP) BOF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-teep/
[15:18:01] <resnick> chunshan xiong was previous speaker
[15:18:08] Morton has set the subject to: Trusted Execution Environment Protocol (TEEP) BOF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-teep/
[15:18:18] <resnick> Then Mingliang
[15:18:22] <resnick> Now Hannes.
[15:19:10] <resnick> Max
[15:19:17] Morton has set the subject to: Trusted Execution Environment Protocol (TEEP) BOF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-teep/
[15:19:32] <resnick> (A lot of cross-talk agreement)
[15:19:53] <resnick> Max, then Mingliang, now Hannes.
[15:19:57] <Henk Birkholz> +1 max coap/cbor makes sense
[15:19:59] Andrew Atyeo leaves the room
[15:20:00] Andrew Atyeo joins the room
[15:20:01] Morton has set the subject to: Trusted Execution Environment Protocol (TEEP) BOF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-teep/
[15:20:41] <Henk Birkholz> coap "over reiable" should be discussed more
[15:20:48] Morton has set the subject to: Trusted Execution Environment Protocol (TEEP) BOF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-teep/
[15:20:48] <Henk Birkholz> Reliable
[15:20:59] <Henk Birkholz> Maybe on list
[15:21:12] <resnick> “MIC:” if you want it relayed to the room.
[15:21:19] Morton has set the subject to: Trusted Execution Environment Protocol (TEEP) BOF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-teep/
[15:21:26] <resnick> Mingliang
[15:21:38] <Henk Birkholz> Hehe +mic
[15:21:48] <Henk Birkholz> Thx 4 the hint
[15:21:55] Morton has set the subject to: Trusted Execution Environment Protocol (TEEP) BOF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-teep/
[15:22:10] <kaduk@jabber.org/barnowl> who is at the mic?
[15:22:34] Rahul Soni joins the room
[15:22:37] <resnick> Sorin Faibish
[15:22:45] Morton has set the subject to: Trusted Execution Environment Protocol (TEEP) BOF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-teep/
[15:23:29] <Andrew Atyeo> yes
[15:23:37] Morton has set the subject to: Trusted Execution Environment Protocol (TEEP) BOF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-teep/
[15:23:40] <resnick> Henk Birkholz, correct?
[15:24:14] <resnick> Are there objections to adopting the draft.
[15:24:15] <resnick> ?
[15:24:25] Morton has set the subject to: Trusted Execution Environment Protocol (TEEP) BOF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-teep/
[15:24:25] <resnick> David Kemp at the mic.
[15:25:35] <resnick> David Waltermire.
[15:25:48] <resnick> Bret Jordan
[15:25:53] <David Wheeler> I'm OK with draft as a starting point, but some larger issues must be addressed (secure boot definition) (please relay)
[15:26:14] <Jeremy O'DOnoghue> Starting with Draft 6 will ease compatibility with the work at GHlobalPLatform.
[15:26:16] Morton has set the subject to: Trusted Execution Environment Protocol (TEEP) BOF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-teep/
[15:26:21] <resnick> Anyone object to adopting?
[15:27:08] <resnick> AOB?
[15:27:15] Morton has set the subject to: Trusted Execution Environment Protocol (TEEP) BOF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-teep/
[15:27:18] metricamerica leaves the room
[15:27:24] Mingliang Pei leaves the room
[15:27:48] <David Wheeler> Thanks for help in relaying, resnick!
[15:27:56] <resnick> My pleasure.
[15:27:59] <resnick> Session over.
[15:28:15] meetecho leaves the room
[15:28:20] Satoru Kanno leaves the room
[15:28:37] Scott Rose leaves the room
[15:28:38] Andrew Atyeo leaves the room
[15:28:38] Jeremy O'DOnoghue leaves the room
[15:28:38] Rahul Soni leaves the room
[15:28:38] Dave Crocker leaves the room
[15:28:38] David Wheeler leaves the room
[15:28:38] Henk Birkholz leaves the room
[15:28:38] Piers O'Hanlon leaves the room
[15:28:38] Christopher Inacio leaves the room
[15:28:38] Bjorn Hjelm leaves the room
[15:28:40] Morton has set the subject to: Trusted Execution Environment Protocol (TEEP) BOF - https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/100/materials/agenda-100-teep/
[15:28:54] resnick leaves the room
[15:31:06] Morton leaves the room
[15:36:37] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[15:36:39] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[15:38:07] amontville leaves the room
[15:41:26] GDYMsE5j leaves the room
[15:48:41] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[15:52:44] =JeffH joins the room
[16:02:43] =JeffH leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!