IETF
uta
uta@jabber.ietf.org
Tuesday, July 19, 2016< ^ >
Yoav Nir has set the subject to: UTA Meeting - IETF 93
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[05:43:05] Kurt Andersen joins the room
[09:33:19] Pieter Lexis (PowerDNS) joins the room
[10:18:04] Pieter Lexis (PowerDNS) leaves the room: Machine going to sleep
[10:35:08] Pieter Lexis (PowerDNS) joins the room
[10:39:47] Pieter Lexis (PowerDNS) leaves the room: Machine going to sleep
[10:52:36] Pieter Lexis (PowerDNS) joins the room
[11:37:42] Pieter Lexis (PowerDNS) leaves the room: Machine going to sleep
[11:42:17] Pieter Lexis (PowerDNS) joins the room
[12:00:46] Pieter Lexis (PowerDNS) leaves the room: Machine going to sleep
[12:50:02] Pieter Lexis (PowerDNS) joins the room
[14:06:10] Pieter Lexis (PowerDNS) leaves the room: Machine going to sleep
[14:12:09] Meetecho joins the room
[14:15:09] Jim Fenton joins the room
[14:15:14] Ned Freed joins the room
[14:15:14] Rolf Sonneveld joins the room
[14:15:51] fenton joins the room
[14:16:00] mark risher joins the room
[14:18:17] mark risher leaves the room
[14:18:19] mark risher joins the room
[14:18:34] fenton has set the subject to: UTA Meeting - IETF 96
[14:19:39] Sean Leonard joins the room
[14:21:26] S. Huque joins the room
[14:21:57] Kurt Andersen_2896 joins the room
[14:22:43] Jim Fenton leaves the room
[14:23:27] Pieter Lexis (PowerDNS) joins the room
[14:23:46] ted.h joins the room
[14:24:19] <Rolf Sonneveld> hummmmm
[14:24:21] <Kurt Andersen> @mark risher: are you in person in Berlin or remote?
[14:24:36] <mark risher> no @Kurt, I am joining remotely
[14:25:03] <Kurt Andersen> Me too - happy to see you here in the chat :-)
[14:25:06] <Rolf Sonneveld> Thought this meeting would start at 16:20?
[14:25:34] <Kurt Andersen> @rolf - that's what I thought too
[14:25:43] <Rolf Sonneveld> :-)
[14:26:01] <Kurt Andersen> Well, of course your TZ may cause local differences :-D
[14:26:07] Jim Fenton joins the room
[14:26:17] Peter van Dijk (PowerDNS) joins the room
[14:26:36] <Peter van Dijk (PowerDNS)> starting soon I hear here locally
[14:27:05] rsalz joins the room
[14:27:09] Franck Martin joins the room
[14:27:20] <rsalz> I am your jabber scribe
[14:27:20] <Kurt Andersen> yes, can hear on Meetecho just fine
[14:27:21] <fenton> Remote audio is very good
[14:27:32] <rsalz> Put "mic" in front of you want me to relay
[14:27:35] <Rolf Sonneveld> Meetecho good here
[14:28:09] <rsalz> dan margols. MTA strict transport security
[14:28:09] <ted.h> Dan in the pink box
[14:28:12] <Kurt Andersen> Is there a link to the slides or are they in the agenda listing?
[14:28:26] <mark risher> "mic" are they going to rotate the camera?
[14:29:22] sftcd joins the room
[14:29:44] <rsalz> meetecho: please check the camera points at the speaker
[14:29:44] <Kurt Andersen> @mark - it just skewed to Dan for me
[14:29:55] Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST) joins the room
[14:30:00] <rsalz> "closed issues" p3
[14:30:04] <mark risher> yup. slides aren't advancing for me (but I've seen them before ;) )
[14:30:08] <Meetecho> rsalz: it should be now
[14:30:12] <mark risher> thanks
[14:30:14] <rsalz> thanks
[14:30:34] <Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST)> /nic oej
[14:30:49] Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST) is now known as oej
[14:31:14] Justin Richer joins the room
[14:31:37] John Levine joins the room
[14:32:07] Richard Brunner joins the room
[14:32:34] <rsalz> Draft 01 closed issues
[14:32:35] <oej> This slide is very out-of-focus - it's not meetecho
[14:33:10] <Meetecho> yeah -- there's only so much we can do :)
[14:33:22] <Justin Richer> Looks fine here
[14:33:32] <Rolf Sonneveld> Looks fine here
[14:33:34] <oej> This one is fine here in the room too
[14:33:45] <Franck Martin> fine here too
[14:33:48] <fenton> Looks good here,too
[14:33:50] <rsalz> open issues
[14:33:56] <mark risher> I can share URLs if people couldn't see. Just let me know.
[14:33:57] <Kurt Andersen> where are the slides? The "materials" link on IETF agenda just provides Jim's doc
[14:34:35] <sftcd> https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/96/slides/slides-96-uta-1.pdf
[14:34:48] <fenton> I'm seeing all the documents on the agenda when I look at it
[14:35:09] <sftcd> other slideware at https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/96/materials.html/#uta
[14:36:02] <Kurt Andersen> Thanks - that is a different link than provided on https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/96/agenda.html
[14:36:11] <rsalz> Known Current Efforts
[14:36:40] <rsalz> RTLSRPT in 5 seconds
[14:36:49] <rsalz> but first... any questions?
[14:36:56] <fenton> mic: What deployment is there beyond publication of records, e.g., in MTAs?
[14:37:16] <oej> Barry Leba speaking
[14:37:23] <oej> rsalz in queue fenton
[14:38:20] <Kurt Andersen> Implementation Status - RFC 6982
[14:38:23] Ken Murchison joins the room
[14:38:41] <sftcd> nope; it's now https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7942
[14:38:44] <Kurt Andersen> Sorry RFC 7942
[14:38:45] <mark risher> (mic) Also, there is an exim implementation underway
[14:38:46] <oej> Viktor Dukhovni speaking
[14:38:58] <oej> Dan york in queue
[14:40:38] Hugo Kobayashi joins the room
[14:41:38] <Justin Richer> It's also referenceable as BCP 205: https://tools.ietf.org/html/bcp205
[14:42:08] <oej> Viktor at mic
[14:43:32] <mark risher> (mic) do attendees know of other implementations?
[14:43:36] <oej> Orit (chair) speaking
[14:44:59] <oej> Viktor speaking
[14:45:06] <oej> (Postfix developer)
[14:46:24] <oej> Barry Leiba in queue
[14:47:04] <oej> Viktor again
[14:47:23] DanYork joins the room
[14:48:44] <oej> Barry Leiba dancing to mic
[14:48:47] <Kurt Andersen> I have to agree with Victor - specifying minimum parameters for scaling is very important
[14:49:01] <oej> — ^ to mic?
[14:49:18] ted.h leaves the room
[14:49:45] <oej> Orit (chair) asking how many that has read the draft
[14:50:02] <Kurt Andersen> mic: "normal" for interactive web traffic != the needs for a high-performance MTA
[14:50:13] <oej> ack
[14:50:21] <Kurt Andersen> (skip mic) - @Barry ^^
[14:51:10] <oej> Ted hardie talking
[14:51:54] <Kurt Andersen> @ted - +1, excellent summary
[14:52:10] <oej> Barry again
[14:52:51] abrotman joins the room
[14:53:33] <oej> Ted Hardie again
[14:53:41] <Kurt Andersen> mic: and as an attack vector - what if someone blocks the HTTPS retrieval?
[14:54:13] <Kurt Andersen> or nasty redirect tricks
[14:54:32] <oej> Viktor speaking
[14:55:03] ted.h joins the room
[14:55:43] <rsalz> still want the comment?
[14:56:07] <Kurt Andersen> @rsalz - no, I'll post it on the discussion list; thanks
[14:56:11] <rsalz> k
[14:56:30] <oej> John Levine speaking
[14:57:26] <oej> Orit (chair) speaking
[14:59:25] <oej> ?? speaking
[14:59:29] <oej> Dan York speaking
[14:59:30] <sftcd> chris newman
[14:59:34] <sftcd> was the ??
[14:59:34] <mark risher> that was Chris Newman previously
[14:59:36] <oej> thanks
[15:00:48] <oej> Viktor speaking
[15:01:24] <oej> Talking about Certificate Transparency
[15:04:38] <rsalz> next topic:
[15:04:46] <rsalz> STS for MUAs Chris Newman
[15:04:57] ted.h leaves the room
[15:05:04] <rsalz> p2 overview
[15:05:18] <rsalz> p3 key changes
[15:06:28] <rsalz> p4 alignment of mua and mta sts
[15:07:22] <rsalz> p5 alignment proposal
[15:09:24] <oej> "I don't care about syntax really, I user parsers other people wrote"
[15:10:17] <Kurt Andersen> Publishers need to worry about syntax; and parser library folks are notoriously lax about avoiding security flaws in their parsers...
[15:10:30] <oej> Dave crocker speaking
[15:10:39] <Sean Leonard> mic: as a parser writer, i say reuse is good. and for security, reusing constructs that have already been analyzed, should lead to fewer implementation errors.
[15:11:20] <Sean Leonard> (agree with sharing)
[15:13:13] <oej> Viktor speaking
[15:13:48] ted.h joins the room
[15:14:43] Peter van Dijk (PowerDNS) leaves the room
[15:14:47] Pieter Lexis (PowerDNS) leaves the room: Machine going to sleep
[15:15:58] <rsalz> p6 shared sts registry
[15:16:01] <Ned Freed> Mic: I would be willing
[15:16:13] <oej> Note: Viktor volunteered
[15:16:25] <rsalz> sorry my IM log is laggy.
[15:17:22] <oej> Orit (chair) speaking - how many have read or implemented the draft?
[15:20:11] <rsalz> p7 non-alignment
[15:20:51] <Sean Leonard> mic: Has the ABNF in these drafts been validated? Some look incorrect or need review. I read the drafts, and can look at the syntax further after the meeting. (email-deep, but also smtp-tlsrpt and mta-sts)
[15:20:55] Pieter Lexis (PowerDNS) joins the room
[15:21:25] <rsalz> that will get fixed when published right?
[15:21:38] <oej> Jim - pls step up to the meetecho queue says Leif
[15:21:47] Peter van Dijk (PowerDNS) joins the room
[15:21:49] <fenton> I"m here,
[15:21:55] <fenton> Trying to figure out meetecho
[15:22:54] <oej> Stephen Farrel advising that we're going to change AD for this group
[15:23:35] <oej> From SF -> Alexis
[15:23:36] Simon Pietro Romano joins the room
[15:23:49] <rsalz> requiretls deck.
[15:23:53] <rsalz> title page
[15:24:44] <rsalz> p2 review problem statement
[15:24:46] sftcd joins the room
[15:26:18] <rsalz> p3 what's new
[15:27:10] <oej> Viktor speaking
[15:27:58] <mark risher> :)
[15:27:59] <oej> "write a FUCKTLS spec" :-)
[15:29:07] <oej> Leif (chair) speaking
[15:31:45] <oej> That was me speaking :-)
[15:31:47] <oej> And Barry
[15:32:27] ted.h leaves the room
[15:32:30] <Rolf Sonneveld> Thanks
[15:32:35] <rsalz> bye
[15:32:35] <fenton> Thanks
[15:32:36] oej leaves the room
[15:32:38] John Levine leaves the room
[15:32:40] rsalz leaves the room
[15:32:47] Hugo Kobayashi leaves the room
[15:32:52] Simon Pietro Romano leaves the room
[15:33:03] mark risher leaves the room
[15:33:10] S. Huque leaves the room
[15:33:11] Ken Murchison leaves the room
[15:33:11] Jim Fenton leaves the room
[15:33:11] Kurt Andersen_2896 leaves the room
[15:33:11] Ned Freed leaves the room
[15:33:22] Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST) joins the room
[15:34:05] Olle E. Johansson at IETF Berlin (GMT+1 DST) leaves the room
[15:41:03] sftcd leaves the room
[15:56:26] sftcd joins the room
[15:57:03] sftcd leaves the room
[16:00:22] DanYork leaves the room
[16:03:12] Meetecho leaves the room
[16:06:26] Peter van Dijk (PowerDNS) leaves the room
[16:15:54] Pieter Lexis (PowerDNS) leaves the room: Machine going to sleep
[16:17:18] sftcd joins the room
[16:17:33] sftcd leaves the room
[16:28:33] sftcd leaves the room
[16:39:04] Kurt Andersen leaves the room
[17:15:28] abrotman joins the room
[17:16:23] abrotman leaves the room
[18:27:31] fenton leaves the room
[20:58:57] abrotman leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!