IETF
xmpp
xmpp@jabber.ietf.org
Friday, March 15, 2013< ^ >
stpeter has set the subject to: XMPP WG | http://tools.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/ | IETF 84 | audio: http://ietf84streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf841.m3u
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[01:02:35] Tobias joins the room
[01:08:12] Tobias leaves the room
[02:43:37] joachim.lindborg joins the room
[07:02:35] Tobias leaves the room: Disconnected: timeout during receiving
[07:02:35] Tobias joins the room
[07:52:03] Tobias leaves the room
[11:20:34] joachim.lindborg leaves the room
[14:58:54] stpeter joins the room
[14:59:36] stpeter has set the subject to: XMPP WG | https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/
[15:01:44] stpeter leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[15:18:23] stpeter joins the room
[15:19:13] Tobias joins the room
[15:33:56] Tobias leaves the room: Offline
[15:33:57] Tobias joins the room
[15:36:58] Tobias leaves the room: Offline
[15:37:02] Tobias joins the room
[15:38:16] sftcd joins the room
[15:39:40] sftcd leaves the room
[15:41:55] MattJ_ joins the room
[15:50:35] MattJ_ leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[15:50:50] MattJ_ joins the room
[15:56:43] Zash joins the room
[15:57:13] ben joins the room
[16:03:30] stpeter leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[16:08:07] Lance joins the room
[16:09:38] Tobias leaves the room
[16:11:11] ben leaves the room
[16:14:18] ben joins the room
[16:17:17] ben leaves the room
[16:21:23] danyork joins the room
[16:21:24] fippo joins the room
[16:23:19] Andrew Biggs joins the room
[16:28:06] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[16:29:01] <Andrew Biggs> Hi, I'll be scribing for the room.
[16:29:20] <Andrew Biggs> Please prefix any questions you have for the mic, with mic:
[16:29:32] yone joins the room
[16:30:15] stpeter joins the room
[16:30:40] <Andrew Biggs> WG Information
[16:30:47] <Andrew Biggs> slide 3
[16:31:04] <Andrew Biggs> Before we proceed (slide 4)
[16:31:27] stpeter has set the subject to: XMPP WG | https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/  |https://go.webex.com/go/j.php?ED=150161637&UID=1050297277&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D
[16:31:40] tsuichi joins the room
[16:31:52] <Andrew Biggs> Agenda (slide 5)
[16:31:54] yusuke.doi joins the room
[16:32:07] davei joins the room
[16:32:31] <Andrew Biggs> Change of the Guard (slide 6)
[16:33:29] <Andrew Biggs> Tequila! (slide 7)
[16:34:22] Dave Cridland joins the room
[16:34:30] <Andrew Biggs> Working Group Update (slide 8)
[16:35:43] <Andrew Biggs> Peter Saint-Andrew
[16:35:46] <Andrew Biggs> Andre
[16:36:26] <Zash> Is there no plain audio stream?
[16:36:42] <Dave Cridland> Zash, Yeah.  http://ietf86streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf861.m3u
[16:36:47] <Zash> Thanks
[16:37:34] <Dave Cridland> Sounds like we're forming a committee formation subcommittee.
[16:37:47] <Andrew Biggs> Changing slide deck: Domain Name Associations
[16:37:58] stpeter has set the subject to: XMPP WG | https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/xmpp/ stream at http://ietf86streaming.dnsalias.net/ietf/ietf861.m3u | webex at |https://go.webex.com/go/j.php?ED=150161637&UID=1050297277&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D
[16:38:24] <Andrew Biggs> Peter Saint-Andre
[16:38:44] <Andrew Biggs> Slide 2: What is DNA?
[16:39:51] Victor Pascual joins the room
[16:40:01] Tobias joins the room
[16:40:16] Tobias leaves the room
[16:40:25] Tobias joins the room
[16:41:06] <Andrew Biggs> Again, if there are any questions from the room, please just prefix with mic:
[16:43:15] <Andrew Biggs> Slide 3: Multi-Domain Support
[16:44:31] <Andrew Biggs> Slide 4: Server Dialback
[16:45:24] saghul joins the room
[16:45:42] m&m joins the room
[16:45:47] <Andrew Biggs> Charles Eckel
[16:45:49] <m&m> webex : https://go.webex.com/go/j.php?ED=150161637&UID=1050297277&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D
[16:46:16] <Andrew Biggs> Matt Miller
[16:46:28] <stpeter> I handed the mic to Matt :-)
[16:47:23] <Andrew Biggs> Slide 5: Prooftypes: PKI
[16:48:29] redaka joins the room
[16:48:33] <Andrew Biggs> Slide 6: Prooftypes: DANE
[16:49:51] <Andrew Biggs> Slide 7: Prooftypes: POSH
[16:50:36] waqas joins the room
[16:51:02] <Andrew Biggs> Peter Saint-Andre (speaking)
[16:51:23] <Andrew Biggs> Slide 8: Next Steps
[16:53:02] <Andrew Biggs> Peter Saint-Andre (speaking)
[16:53:06] <Dave Cridland> mic: If it's to be a generic security thing for multiple protocols, it needs to be done in SEC not APP.
[16:54:25] Florian Zeitz joins the room
[16:55:28] RjS joins the room
[16:55:33] <Andrew Biggs> Richard Barnes (speaking)
[16:56:16] <Jonathan Lennox> Dave: this is actually RAI, but I take your point.
[16:56:38] <stpeter> :)
[16:57:00] <Dave Cridland> Jonathan Lennox, I have a mental block on that. This is APP in exile. ;-) More seriously, someone mentioned doing it in APP, rather than RAI.
[16:57:32] <Andrew Biggs> Richard Barnes (speaking)
[16:58:16] <Andrew Biggs> Peter Saint-Andre (speaking)
[16:59:42] <Andrew Biggs> Richard Barnes (speaking)
[17:00:05] <Andrew Biggs> Ben Campbell (chair) (speaking)
[17:01:18] <Dave Cridland> Given that individually self-hosted domains can't seem to get a certificate deployed at all anyway, is having a fallback for deployment reasons actually warranted? (Just an aside comment).
[17:01:54] <Andrew Biggs> Dave, would you like that mic'd?
[17:01:56] <Dave Cridland> I have no view on Ben's question.
[17:02:26] <Andrew Biggs> Peter Saint-Andre (speaking)
[17:02:47] <Andrew Biggs> Ben Campbell (speaking)
[17:02:56] <Andrew Biggs> Richard Barnes (speaking)
[17:03:13] <Jonathan Lennox> My only problem with this conversation is that it always earworms me with songs from South Pacific.  ("There is nothing like a DANE…")
[17:03:33] <stpeter> Jonathan Lennox: :-)
[17:04:41] <Andrew Biggs> Change slide deck: XMPP over WebSocket
[17:05:01] <Andrew Biggs> Lance Stout (speaking, remote)
[17:05:17] <Andrew Biggs> Slide 1: Framing
[17:05:23] <Dave Cridland> I can only hear Lance via Webex, not via the audio feed.
[17:05:56] <stpeter> that's not surprising
[17:06:09] <stpeter> given how we've got the room laid out
[17:06:27] <m&m> any better?
[17:06:37] <Dave Cridland> Oh, it's fine anyway.
[17:06:42] <m&m> /-:
[17:06:49] <Dave Cridland> I was just warning other folks who were remote and not in webex.
[17:07:07] kmurchison joins the room
[17:07:17] <m&m> we're looking into how we can rectify
[17:07:32] <m&m> any improvement?
[17:07:40] <stpeter> people should just join the webex for a bit
[17:07:41] <Dave Cridland> Oh, that works.
[17:07:45] <Zash> Yes
[17:08:33] <Andrew Biggs> Discussion on resolving audio issues.
[17:08:40] <Jonathan Lennox> Are we recording the webex?  If Lance isn't audible on the audio stream it won't be in the session recording either.
[17:08:52] <Jonathan Lennox> s/it/he/
[17:08:56] <Andrew Biggs> Matt Miller (speaking)
[17:09:27] <stpeter> MM: worth investigating a way to get rid of special casing
[17:10:06] <m&m> discussing how to move forward
[17:10:07] <Dave Cridland> Or you could do the questions here?
[17:10:16] <m&m> sure
[17:10:24] <Dave Cridland> You know, use this XMPP thing we've heard so much about...
[17:10:33] <m&m> we're going to ask questions at the end
[17:10:48] <stpeter> slide on SASL EXTERNAL
[17:10:52] <Andrew Biggs> Slide: SASL External
[17:11:16] <m&m> it does not help at all that the SASL community was completely unclear on what EXTERNAL could mean
[17:11:18] <Andrew Biggs> Slide: see-other-uri
[17:11:58] <m&m> hrm
[17:12:06] <stpeter> hmm, good point about see-other-uri to provide the full URI
[17:12:16] <Andrew Biggs> Slide: Misc Issues
[17:12:39] <m&m> right. YES. not yet. maybe.
[17:13:17] mahoney@nostrum.com joins the room
[17:13:38] <Andrew Biggs> Matt Miller (speaking)
[17:15:00] <Andrew Biggs> Lance Stout (speaking)
[17:15:34] <Andrew Biggs> Peter Saint-Andre (speaking)
[17:16:18] <Andrew Biggs> Ben Campbell (speaking)
[17:16:27] <stpeter> who in the chatroom has read this I-D?
[17:16:44] <Florian Zeitz> I read it
[17:16:52] <Andrew Biggs> Peter Saint-Andre (speaking)
[17:16:53] <Zash> I also read it
[17:17:04] <Dave Cridland> I've read it, too.
[17:17:44] <waqas> o/
[17:17:52] <Lance> o/
[17:18:00] <Dave Cridland> It seems considerably beyond a start.
[17:18:05] <waqas> Yes
[17:18:12] <Florian Zeitz> definitely
[17:18:42] <stpeter> Friday Afternoon Syndrome here in Orlando
[17:18:44] <Dave Cridland> How many in the (physical) room?
[17:18:58] <Andrew Biggs> Change slide deck: XMPP E2E
[17:19:03] <stpeter> I'd say 25 in the physical room
[17:19:03] <Andrew Biggs> Matt Miller (speaking)
[17:19:13] <stpeter> last session of the week, and all
[17:19:21] <Dave Cridland> So possibly more in the MUC room.
[17:19:29] <Andrew Biggs> Slide: Latest Changes
[17:19:32] <stpeter> well, there's some overlap
[17:19:51] <RjS> nontrivial overlap
[17:19:57] <Andrew Biggs> slide: Signing
[17:20:10] <stpeter> RjS: sure, all the nontrivial people are in both venues :-)
[17:21:02] <Andrew Biggs> Slide: Meanwhile…
[17:21:26] <Andrew Biggs> Peter Saint-Andre (speaking)
[17:22:25] <Andrew Biggs> Matt Miller (speaking)
[17:23:30] rfarley joins the room
[17:24:24] <Andrew Biggs> Slide: Next Steps
[17:24:27] <Dave Cridland> That slide should read "Repudiability", presumably?
[17:24:47] <Andrew Biggs> Ben Campbell (speaking)
[17:25:05] <Florian Zeitz> Dave Cridland, that's what I figure, but mailing list discussion was also very peculiar to not spelling it that way somehow
[17:25:55] <Andrew Biggs> Richard Barnes (speaking)
[17:26:18] <Andrew Biggs> Peter Saint-Andre (speaking)
[17:27:39] <Andrew Biggs> Richard Barnes (speaking)
[17:27:52] <Andrew Biggs> Ben Campbell (speaking)
[17:28:18] <Dave Cridland> The older XMPP E2E RFC, RFC 3923 should be canned anyway.
[17:28:24] <Dave Cridland> As Peter just said. :-)
[17:28:27] <stpeter> :-)
[17:28:32] <stpeter> please, kill it off!
[17:29:25] <stpeter> ok
[17:29:28] <stpeter> that's it, folks
[17:29:32] <stpeter> thanks for joining remotely
[17:29:45] yusuke.doi leaves the room
[17:29:46] <stpeter> expect pokage about various documents
[17:29:46] davei leaves the room
[17:29:48] mahoney@nostrum.com leaves the room
[17:29:50] yone leaves the room
[17:29:51] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[17:29:51] tsuichi leaves the room
[17:29:52] <Andrew Biggs> EOM
[17:29:53] <Dave Cridland> Matisse?
[17:30:14] <stpeter> finis
[17:30:20] <Dave Cridland> Hmmm. Lilypads. I should know who painted it, really.
[17:30:31] kmurchison leaves the room
[17:30:54] stpeter wanders off to find his flight to Denver
[17:30:59] RjS leaves the room
[17:31:00] <stpeter> see you in Berlin :-)
[17:31:03] <Dave Cridland> Monet!
[17:31:08] stpeter leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[17:31:30] Andrew Biggs leaves the room
[17:31:41] Victor Pascual leaves the room
[17:31:46] danyork leaves the room
[17:32:39] rfarley leaves the room
[17:32:46] Tobias leaves the room
[17:33:18] m&m leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[17:34:31] Florian Zeitz leaves the room: offline
[17:39:51] redaka leaves the room
[17:40:58] m&m joins the room
[17:41:26] <Dave Cridland> m&m, Just noticed http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-saintandre-xmpp-dna-01#section-5 - seems a little weird to me.
[17:43:10] <m&m> could you send me a note via email?
[17:43:19] <m&m> I'm jumping between last-minute conversations
[17:44:00] <Dave Cridland> m&m, I can see I mean nothing to you. I'm heartbroken and upset.
[17:44:23] <Dave Cridland> m&m, But yeah, I'll review the draft.
[17:44:38] <m&m> (-:
[17:44:47] <Zash> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-miller-xmpp-dnssec-prooftype-04#section-4 ← I'm wondering if this section could stand as its own thing.
[17:44:55] <m&m> if you were *HERE* then I'd care more (-:
[17:45:16] <Dave Cridland> Only flew back from Merka on Friday, too.
[17:45:24] m&m leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[17:46:10] m&m joins the room
[17:47:42] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[17:47:42] Zash leaves the room
[17:49:18] danyork joins the room
[17:49:18] danyork leaves the room
[17:55:32] Lance leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[17:56:55] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[18:01:51] m&m leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[18:02:28] Lance joins the room
[18:02:56] Lance leaves the room
[18:23:23] fippo leaves the room
[19:19:10] saghul leaves the room
[19:19:10] saghul joins the room
[19:29:59] m&m joins the room
[19:30:44] m&m leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[19:31:07] m&m joins the room
[19:38:02] saghul leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[19:38:02] saghul joins the room
[19:50:59] m&m leaves the room: Disconnected: connection closed
[20:14:43] waqas leaves the room: Disconnected: Replaced by new connection
[21:05:44] yusuke.doi joins the room
[21:13:15] tsuichi joins the room
[21:48:54] tsuichi leaves the room
[21:49:59] tsuichi joins the room
[22:14:55] yusuke.doi leaves the room
[22:47:58] tsuichi leaves the room
[22:52:47] MattJ_ leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!