Re: [jose] Review Comments: Web Payments, Secure Messaging, and JOSE

"Manger, James" <James.H.Manger@team.telstra.com> Mon, 16 December 2013 23:35 UTC

From: "Manger, James" <James.H.Manger@team.telstra.com>
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, JOSE WG <jose@ietf.org>
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2013 10:34:51 +1100
acceptlanguage: en-US, en-AU
Subject: Re: [jose] Review Comments: Web Payments, Secure Messaging, and JOSE

There might be some nice ideas in the JSON-LD-based Secure Messaging. However, a crypto spec that uses encryption without authentication (no AEAD), uses raw CBC mode, thinks CBC stands for *cyclic* block chaining, puts "BEGIN *PRIVATE* KEY" in a field named publicKeyPem, requires RDF Graph Normalization that seems far removed from JSON, etc does not feel like a great basis.

--
James Manger