Re: [rtcweb] Input to Video Codec Selection

Stephan Wenger <stewe@stewe.org> Mon, 04 March 2013 20:35 UTC

From: Stephan Wenger <stewe@stewe.org>
To: Harald Alvestrand <harald@alvestrand.no>
Date: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 20:34:57 +0000
x-originating-ip: [10.255.102.4]
Cc: "rtcweb@ietf.org" <rtcweb@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [rtcweb] Input to Video Codec Selection

Hi Harald,

First, let me remark that I believe you are avoiding a reply to my original comment, and instead open a somewhat new discussion.  My original comment was that asserting that there is no change in the disclosure situation between leaving VP8 as RFC 6386 "as is" versus discussion of VP8 in a WG does not change the obligations by policy.  I concurred, but stated that it will, in practice, swipe in additional contributors that have an obligation by policy to disclose.  I continue to believe that this is true, and have not seen any assertion to the contrary.

With respect to the new topic, disclosure obligation in the rtcweb WG--which merely discusses referencing the VP8 spec, rather than developing it or tinkering with it technically--please see inline.  I hope that my markings are acceptable.

Stephan