[sacm] Review of draft-ietf-sacm-information-model-07

Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com> Thu, 29 September 2016 21:50 UTC

From: Jim Schaad <ietf@augustcellars.com>
To: draft-ietf-sacm-information-model@ietf.org
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 14:50:31 -0700
Cc: sacm@ietf.org
Subject: [sacm] Review of draft-ietf-sacm-information-model-07

I am feeling really stupid from a lack of sleep, so it seems a good time to
start a review on this.

In section 4 - I am not sure that I understand the basic difference between
an attribute and a subject.  Is section 7 defining attributes or subjects or
both?  Are attributes only the simple data types?

Do you really mean for subjects to be circular?  I can understand the idea
of making a tree, but making a circle seems to me to be a bad idea.  If you
want circles it would seem to better to say use either SACM statements or
something else.

Are the names associated with subjects the name of the subject or the name
of the subject instance?

What is it that defines an IE as being an IE?  Are Content Elements and SACM
statements part of the IE or are they something completely different?  If
they are not, in some sense Information Elements, then what are the rules
for DMs when looking at them?  Are they part of the DM or not?  There are
only requirements on mapping IEs and not for mapping of other things.

Change the title for figure 1 or make it clearer which is the attribute and
which is the subject in text someplace.  Maybe divide into two figures would
be clearer about what is going on.

Are you defining meta-data IM elements or are you making them separate?  If
yes, need to modify IE template.  If not, then need to be able to identify
them and list them someplace.

Where are the list of relationships and what they mean defined?

Kill Categories - there is no need to make them as separate items they are
just an enumerated list. - ergo a subject.

Jim