Re: [sip-clf] WGLC:draft-ietf-sipclf-problem-statement-06.txt

"Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com> Wed, 04 May 2011 10:37 UTC

From: "Elwell, John" <john.elwell@siemens-enterprise.com>
To: Peter Musgrave <peter.musgrave@magorcorp.com>, "sip-clf@ietf.org Mailing" <sip-clf@ietf.org>
Date: Wed, 04 May 2011 12:37:48 +0200
acceptlanguage: en-US
Subject: Re: [sip-clf] WGLC:draft-ietf-sipclf-problem-statement-06.txt

I wasn't able to do a complete review, but it looks in good shape. I noticed the following:

"From -  The From URI.  Whilst one may question the value of the From
      URI in light of RFC4744 [RFC4474], the From URI, nonetheless,
      imparts some information.  For one, the From tag is important and,
      in the case of a REGISTER request, the From URI can provide
      information on whether this was a third-party registration or a
      first-party one.  It is not necessary to log any URI parameters."
In fact the From tag is not part of the From URI. The From tag is covered in the next bullet, so we should not mention it here.

John