This Working Group did not meet
Last Modified: 2002-10-15
The initial work items include:
- A standards-track document defining the mechanism by which the capabilities of a SNMP entity may be determined. This document should also define the interoperability requirements of the SNMP protocol when extensions are present and when they are absent;
- A standards-track document defining a mechanism for efficient retrieval, creation, and deletion of rows in tables;
- A standards-track document defining a mechanism used to delete an entire subtree of managed object instances. This could, for example, be used to remove all information related to a particular username in the SNMP administrative framework;
- A standards-track document defining a mechanism to provide for compression of object identifiers to remove as much redundant information as possible in the payload of the SNMP message; and,
- A standards-track document defining a mechanism for bulk transfer of SNMP data.
Some of the documents may be combined if the working group so decides.
No additional work items may be taken on by the working group until this initial set of work is close to completion. Additional work will have to be approved by the IESG and the IAB.
|FEB 01||Working group chartered|
|FEB 01||First revisions of the documents|
|APR 01||Second revisions of the documents|
|JUN 01||Third revisions of the documents|
|SEP 01||Last set of revisions of all documents|
|SEP 01||WG Last Call for all documents and submit then to AD for consideration as Proposed Standard|
|OCT 01||Shutdown or re-charter|