NOTE: This charter is accurate as of the 29th IETF Meeting in Seattle. It
may now be out-of-date. (Consider this a "snapshot" of the working
group from that meeting.) Up-to-date charters for all active working
groups can be found elsewhere in this Web server.
IS-IS for IP Internets (ISIS) Charter
- Ross Callon <email@example.com>
- Chris Gunner <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mailing List Information
- General Discussion <email@example.com>
- To Subscribe <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Archive <>
Description of Working Group
The IS-IS for IP Internets Working Group will develop additions to the
existing OSI IS-IS routing protocol to support IP environments and dual OSI
and IP environments.
Goals and Milestones
- Liaison with the IS-IS editor for OSI in case any minor changes to IS-IS are necessary.
- Develop an extension to the OSI IS-IS protocols which will allow use of IS-IS to support IP environments, and which will allow use of IS-IS as a single routing protocol to support both IP and OSI in dual environments.
- Post a revision of the IS-IS as an Internet-Draft.
- Mar 1993
- Submit the revised IS-IS to the IESG as a Draft Standard.
- Mar 1993
- Submit the IS-IS MIB to the IESG as a Proposed Standard.
NOTE: The Internet-Draft(s) listed below may have been deleted
since they are only good for six months.
Request for Comments