NOTE: This charter is accurate as of the 29th IETF Meeting in Seattle. It
may now be out-of-date. (Consider this a "snapshot" of the working
group from that meeting.) Up-to-date charters for all active working
groups can be found elsewhere in this Web server.
Modem Management (MODEMMGT) Charter
- Mark Lewis <Mark.S.Lewis@telebit.com>
Mailing List Information
- General Discussion <modemmgt@Telebit.com>
- To Subscribe <majordomo@Telebit.com>
- In Body <subscribe modemmgt >
- Archive <ftp.telebit.com:~/pub/modemmgt>
Description of Working Group
The Modem Management Working Group is chartered to define a MIB
module for dial-up modems and similar dial-up devices. This MIB
module will provide a set of objects that are the minimum necessary
to provide the ability to monitor and control those devices, and
will be consistent with the SNMP framework and existing SNMP
The working group will consider existing specifications including
the RS-232--like, Character, PPP and other related MIB
modules. It will consider enterprise-specific MIB modules which
support modem-like devices. The working group will also consider
the TSB Study Group 14's work on an OSI CMIS/CMIP object definition
for V series DCEs entitled ``Managed Object Template for V-Series
Goals and Milestones
- Post an Internet-Draft of the Modem Management MIB.
- Oct 1993
- Submit the Modem Management MIB to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
NOTE: The Internet-Draft(s) listed below may have been deleted
since they are only good for six months.