NOTE: This charter is accurate as of the 29th IETF Meeting in Seattle. It
may now be out-of-date. (Consider this a "snapshot" of the working
group from that meeting.) Up-to-date charters for all active working
groups can be found elsewhere in this Web server.
OSI Directory Services (OSIDS) Charter
- Steve Kille <S.Kille@isode.com>
Mailing List Information
- General Discussion <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- To Subscribe <email@example.com>
- Archive <>
Description of Working Group
The OSI-DS group works on issues relating to building an OSI Directory
Service using X.500 and its deployment on the Internet. Whilst this
group is not directly concerned with piloting, the focus is practical,
and technical work needed as a pre-requisite to deployment of an open
Directory will be considered.
Goals and Milestones
- Maintain a Schema for the OSI Directory on the Internet.
- Liaisons should be established as appropriate. In particular: RARE WG3, NIST, CCITT/ISO IEC, North American Directory Forum.
- Definition of a Technical Framework for Provision of a Directory Infrastructure on the Internet, using X.500. This task may later be broken into subtasks. A series of RFCs will be produced.
- Study the relationship of the OSI Directory to the Domain Name Service.
NOTE: The Internet-Draft(s) listed below may have been deleted
since they are only good for six months.
Request for Comments