Routing Information Protocol (rip) Charter
NOTE: This charter is accurate as of the 32nd IETF Meeting in Danvers. It
may now be out-of-date. (Consider this a "snapshot" of the working
group from that meeting.) Up-to-date charters for all active working
groups can be found elsewhere in this Web server.
- Gary Malkin <email@example.com>
Routing Area Director(s):
- Joel Halpern <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mailing List Information
- General Discussion:email@example.com
- To Subscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Archive: ftp://xylogics.com/pub/users/gmalkin/rip/rip-arc
Description of Working Group
The RIP Working Group was formed from the RIP Version 2 Working
Group, which was originally chartered to create the RIP-2 standard.
Since several other RIP-related efforts are also occuring within
the IETF, it was decided to create a single working group to handle
The RIP Working Group is chartered to guide the following proposals
and develop the following projects through the IETF standards track:
- ``RIP Version 2'' (RFC 1723)
- ``RIP Version 2 MIB Extension'' (RFC 1724)
- ``Extensions to RIP to Support Demand Circuits'' (RFC 1582)
- ``RIP-II Cryptographic Authentication'' (Internet-Draft)
Additionally, the RIP Working Group will handle the RIPng protocol
which, in its first incarnation, will contain the minimum modifications
to RIP-2 necessary to handle IPng.
Goals and Milestones
- Submit Internet-Draft of MD5 Proposal.
- Meet at San Jose IETF to discuss MD5 document.
- Jan 95
- Submit MD5 document to IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
- Submit RIPng as an Internet-Draft.
- Apr 95
- Meet at Danvers IETF to discuss implementation of all RIP-related specifications.
- Apr 95
- Submit Demand Circuit RIP document (RFC 1581) to IESG for consideration as a Draft Standard.
- May 95
- Submit RIPng Internet-Draft for consideration as a Proposed Standard. Submission MUST be accompanied by a suitably restrictive Applicability Statement.
- Jul 95
- Meet at Stockholm IETF. Review status of MD5 for elevation to Draft Standard. Review status of RIP-2 and MIB for elevation to Standard. A suitably restrictive Applicability Statement for RIP-2 MUST accompany the request for standards level elevation.
No Request for Comments