DS1/DS3 MIB (trunkmib) Charter
NOTE: This charter is accurate as of the 33rd IETF Meeting in Stockholm. It
may now be out-of-date. (Consider this a "snapshot" of the working
group from that meeting.) Up-to-date charters for all active working
groups can be found elsewhere in this Web server.
- Fred Baker <email@example.com>
Network Management Area Director(s):
- Deirdre Kostick <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mailing List Information
- General Discussion:email@example.com
- To Subscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
Description of Working Group
This working group will consider revisions to the DS1 and DS3 MIBs
(currently published as Proposed Standards in RFC-1232 and RFC-1233) in
preparation for their consideration as Draft Standards.
Consistent with the IETF standards process, the working group is
chartered to consider only those changes to the DS1 and DS3 MIBs that
are based on implementation experience or on the need to align with
relevant ANSI T1M1 standards. In this context, the working group will
thoroughly document the implementation or alignment rationale for each
All changes made by the working group will be consistent with the
existing SNMP framework and standards --- in particular, those
provisions of RFC-1155 regarding addition and deprecation of objects
in standard SNMP MIBs.
This working group will be a short-lived activity, involving a single
meeting, and will conclude its business no later than June 1992.
Goals and Milestones
- Post a draft version of the new DS1 MIB to the Internet-Drafts Directory.
- Post a revised version of the DS3 MIB to the Internet-Drafts Directory.
- Submit the DS1 document for the Network Management Directorate Review.
- Submit the DS3 MIB to the Network Management Directorate for review.
- Submit the DS1 MIB to the IESG for Draft Standard Status.
- Submit the DS3 MIB to the IESG for approval as a Draft Standard.
- Jul 95
- Meet at 33rd IETF to review RFC1406 to ascertain if ready for advancement to Draft Standard status.
No Current Internet-Drafts
Request for Comments