AToM MIB (atommib) Charter
NOTE: This charter is accurate as of the 37th IETF Meeting in San Jose. It
may now be out-of-date. (Consider this a "snapshot" of the working
group from that meeting.) Up-to-date charters for all active working
groups can be found elsewhere in this Web server.
- Kaj Tesink <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Network Management Area Director(s):
- Deirdre Kostick <email@example.com>
- Keith McCloghrie <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mailing List Information
- General Discussion:email@example.com
- To Subscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Archive: ftp://thumper.bellcore.com/pub/Group.archive/atommib
Description of Working Group
The AToM MIB Working Group is chartered to evaluate RFC 1695, a
Proposed Standard, with respect to the standards track. As a part
of its evaluation, the working group will prepare a revised version and
recommend the appropriate level of standardization for this
revision to the IESG (i.e., that it be advanced to Draft Standard
status, or that it cycle at Proposed Standard status).
As a part of its evaluation, the AToM MIB Working Group
may also define additional sets of managed objects, to reflect
growing experience and industry requirements for management of:
o ATM services
o The Frame based UNI (F-UNI)
o ATM tests
The objects defined by the working group will be consistent with
the Internet-standard Management framework.
Goals and Milestones
- Post an Internet-Draft of the ATM and SONET MIB.
- Submit the ATM and SONET MIB to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
- Begin developing Internet-Drafts for discussion.
- Revised Internet-Draft and make available for discussion.
- Oct 95
- Submit Internet-Drafts to IESG for standards track evaluation.
Request for Comments