Responsible Use of the Network (run) Charter
NOTE: This charter is accurate as of the 37th IETF Meeting in San Jose. It
may now be out-of-date. (Consider this a "snapshot" of the working
group from that meeting.) Up-to-date charters for all active working
groups can be found elsewhere in this Web server.
- Sally Hambridge <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Gary Malkin <email@example.com>
User Services Area Director(s):
- Joyce Reynolds <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mailing List Information
- General Discussion:email@example.com
- To Subscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In Body: subscribe ietf-run <your-email-address>
- Archive: ftp://ftp.intel.com/pub/ietf-run
Description of Working Group
Reflecting the needs of the Internet community, the IETF sees a
need to create an etiquette ("netiquette" in network parlance)
guide for Internet users. The working group will develop an
FYI RFC on responsible use of the Internet and its tools.
Update: The working group will investigate extensions of
FYI 28, RFC 1855, and produce an updated FYI RFC.
Goals and Milestones
- Create bibliography of available literature.
- Internet-Draft of netiquette guide.
- Submit netiquette guide to be published as FYI RFC.
- Dec 96
- Review/Discuss updates/extensions to FYI 28, RFC 1855 Appoint Document editor.
- Mar 97
- Submit Internet-Draft of updated document.
- Aug 97
- Submit new document to IESG for publication as an FYI RFC.
No Current Internet-Drafts
Request for Comments