Site Security Handbook (ssh) Charter
NOTE: This charter is accurate as of the 37th IETF Meeting in San Jose. It
may now be out-of-date. (Consider this a "snapshot" of the working
group from that meeting.) Up-to-date charters for all active working
groups can be found elsewhere in this Web server.
- Barbara Fraser <email@example.com>
User Services Area Director(s):
- Joyce Reynolds <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mailing List Information
- General Discussion:email@example.com
- To Subscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Archive: ftp://info.cert.org/pub/ietf/ssh
Description of Working Group
The Site Security Handbook Working Group is chartered to create two
documents: (1) a revised handbook that will help system and network
administrators develop their own site-specific policies and procedures
to deal with computer security problems and their prevention and (2) a
new handbook for users. The text of these documents will be developed
from the existing RFC 1244, plus needed revisions and additions.
Goals and Milestones
- Meet at the San Jose IETF and (1) make a decision about which document to produce first, (2) create an SSH editorial board and (3) create a draft outline of the first document.
- Prepare a final outline of the first document.
- Meet at the Danvers IETF and create a rough draft of the first document.
- May 95
- Submit the first document as an Internet-Draft, with comment and review happening on the SSH mailing list.
- Jul 95
- Submit first document as an Internet-Draft.
- Meet at the Stockholm IETF meeting and create an outline for the second document.
- Dec 95
- Submit the second draft of the first document as an Internet-Draft.
- Dec 95
- Meet at IETF and review the second Internet-Draft of the first document.
- Feb 96
- Submit a revised Internet-Draft of the first document, with review happening on the SSH list.
- Mar 96
- Meet at IETF and do a final review of the Internet-Draft of the first document. Develop outline for second document.
- Apr 96
- Submit Internet-Draft of first document to IESG for publication as Informational RFC.
- May 96
- Submit draft of second document to Internet-Drafts.
- Jun 96
- Meet at IETF to review and edit draft.
- Jul 96
- Syvmit second draft of document to Internet-Drafts.
- Oct 96
- Submit final version of document to Internet-Drafts.
- Dec 96
- Submit Internet-Draft of second document to IESG for publication as an Informational RFC.
No Request for Comments