NOTE: This charter is a snapshot of that in effect at the time of the 38th IETF Meeting in Memphis, Tennessee. It may now be out-of-date.
Kaj Tesink <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Internet Area Director(s):
Frank Kastenholz <email@example.com>
Jeffrey Burgan <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Keith McCloghrie <email@example.com>
To Subscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
Description of Working Group:
The AToM MIB Working Group is chartered to evaluate RFC 1695, a Proposed Standard, with respect to the standards track. As a part of its evaluation, the working group will prepare a revised version and recommend the appropriate level of standardization for this revision to the IESG (i.e., that it be advanced to Draft Standard status, or that it cycle at Proposed Standard status).
As a part of its evaluation, the AToM MIB Working Group may also define additional sets of managed objects, to reflect growing experience and industry requirements for management of:
ATM services The Frame based UNI (F-UNI) ATM tests
The objects defined by the working group will be consistent with the Internet-standard Management framework.
Goals and Milestones:
Post an Internet-Draft of the ATM and SONET MIB.
Submit the ATM and SONET MIB to the IESG for consideration as a Proposed Standard.
Begin developing Internet-Drafts for discussion.
Revised Internet-Draft and make available for discussion.
Submit Internet-Drafts to IESG for standards track evaluation.
· Definitions of Supplemental Managed Objects for ATM Management
· Definitions of Textual Conventions and OBJECT-IDENTITIES for ATM Management
· Definitions of Tests for ATM Management
· Managed Objects for Controlling the Collection and Storage of Accounting Information for Connection-Oriented Networks
· Definitions of Managed Objects for ATM Management
· Textual Conventions for MIB Modules Using Performance History Based on 15 Minute Intervals
· Definitions of Managed Objects for the SONET/SDH Interface Type
· Accounting Information for ATM Networks
· Managed Objects for Recording ATM Performance History Data Based on 15 Minute Intervals
Request For Comments:
Definitions of Managed Objects for the SONET/SDH Interface Type
Definitions of Managed Objects for ATM Management Version 8.0 using SMIv2
The AToMMIB Working Group met two times during the Memphis IETF. The purpose was to conclude work on most specifications. The results were as follows:
1. Definitions of Supplemental Managed Objects for ATM Management
· Faye Ly gave a review of open issues.
· Mickey Spiegel identified detailed comments that were presented by Keith.
· The meeting decided to incorporate most non-UNI 4.0 comments and tasked Faye and Mickey to review and incorporate the edits.
· After the I-D posting, this spec should be considered done and progressed as PS.
· The meeting decided on a strategy to deal with management features of functions such as UNI 4.0:
- Wrap up the ATM Supplemental MIB now.
- List the features that don't make the cut for a candidate MIB module "ATM3 MIB"
- The chair will request a charter extension.
2. RFC1695rev and ATM TC MIB
· In the ATM Supplemental MIB review process, items concerning the RFC1695rev and the ATMTC MIB were identified:
- To be compatible with the IP-over-ATM MIB a minor extension of the AtmAddr TC is requested - this was agreed
- Mickey suggested an addition to the traffic descriptor table - this was agreed.
3. Managed Objects for Recording ATM Performance History
· Data based on 15-Minute Intervals
· Since the editor did not attend, there was some confusion regarding the status. The chair will investigate.
4. Definitions of Tests for ATM Management
· This spec was discussed together with the generic Test MIB of the Interfaces Working Group.
· Comments on the generic Test MIB suggest some minor changes:
- Add a Variable Pointer object pointing to additional information relevant for a test.
- Refine the detail on abortion of a test, and a new (presumable last) draft will be posted.
· The ATM Test MIB will be adapted to the previous changes, and a new (presumable last) draft will be posted.
· After these postings, these specs are considered done and should be progressed together, both as PS.
5. Supplemental SONET/SDH MIB
· Following discussion it was agreed to pursue this MIB with the list of items posted by Kaj earlier based on T1.231 compatibility. Structure should follow the DS1 Supplemental MIB draft.
· Keith pointed out the approach difference between the telecom and data worlds and noted that this kept his company from implementing the full SONET/SDH MIB.
· The chair will request a charter extension for this work.