The working group will document interoperability experience with IOTP version 1 (which has been published as an Informational RFC) and develop the requirements and specifications for IOTP version 2. Version 2 will make use of an independent Messaging Layer and utilize standard XML Digital Signatures. Selection of other items for inclusion in version requirements 2 is to be from the following:
- Dynamic Definition of Trading Sequences
- Offer Request Block
- Improved Problem Resolution (extend to cover presentation of signed receipt to customer support party, etc.)
- Ability to indicate and handle a payment protocol not tunneled through IOTP
- Support for wallet servers
- Repeated/ongoing payments - Server to Server messages
- The ability to add both fields and attributes to trading blocks
- Collaboration with other protocols such as ECML.
The following is out of scope for IOTP version 2:
- legal or regulatory issues surrounding the implementation of the protocol or information systems using it.
- design of an XML Messaging Layer
The working group will specify a Secure Channel Credit Debit syntax that can be used for financial card payments in connection with IOTP.
The working group will specify requirements and specifications for Generic Rights Trading.
The working group will specify requirements for and then a syntax and processing model of ECML (Electronic Commerce Modeling Language) V2.
|Jan 01||  ||Submit SET Supplement to IESG for publication as Informational|
|Jan 01||  ||Submit Architecture and Payment API to IESG for Informational|
|Jan 01||  ||Submit Generic Rights Trading Requirements for Informational|
|Jan 01||  ||Submit I-D on Secure Channel Credit/Debit ECML V2.0 Specification|
|Feb 01||  ||Submit I-D on IOTP V2.0 Requirements|
|Feb 01||  ||Submit I-D on Generic Right Trading Specification|
|Feb 01||  ||Submit ECML V2.0 Requirements to IESG (Informational)|
|Mar 01||  ||Submit IOTP V2.0 Requirements (Informational)|
|Mar 01||  ||Submit Secure Channel Credit/Debit ECML V2.0 Specification (Proposed Standard).|
|Apr 01||  ||Submit I-D on IOTP V2.0 Specification|
|May 01||  ||Submit Generic Right Trading Specification (Proposed Standard)|
|Aug 01||  ||Submit IOTP V2.0 Specification (Proposed Standard)|
|RFC2803||Digest Values for DOM (DOMHASH)|
|RFC2801||Internet Open Trading Protocol - IOTP Version 1.0|
|RFC2802||Digital Signatures for the 1.0 Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP)|
|RFC2935||PS||Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP) HTTP Supplement|
|RFC2936||HTTP MIME Type Handler Detection|