The draft names listed below are the starting point for the work in the WG.
MAGMA specifications will include:
- Core IGMPv3/MLDv2 specifications. These specifications will describe the protocol used between hosts and routers to share group membership information. IGMPv3 and MLDv2 build on IGMPv2 and MLDv1 by adding two types of source-specific filtering; "include" (in which the system tells the router exactly which sources it desires) and "exclude" (in which the system tells the router that it does *not* desire a list of sources).
- IGMPv3: The IDMR working group has submitted this for Proposed Standard. MAGMA takes ownership after publication as RFC.
- MLDv2: draft-vida-mld-v2-00.txt
- Multicast Source Filtering API. This specification describes the API used to interact with IGMPv3 and MLDv2 to indicate source filters.
- Host determination of network group membership. In a multicast environment, systems may be interested in learning whether or not there are any group members, in order to save the trouble of sending data that nobody is listening to.
- Multicast Source Notification of Interest Protocol: draft-ietf-idmr-msnip-00
- Multicast forwarding in tree topologies using IGMP/MLD Proxying - Create a single document from: - draft-ietf-idmr-igmp-proxy-00
- Source-Specific Multicast (SSM) consideration document. This work will describe the use of IGMPv3/MLDv2 in an SSM environment. - draft-holbrook-idmr-igmpv3-ssm-01.txt
- Considerations for "IGMP snooping" switches (switches that watch IGMP exchanges in order to determine multicast forwarding behavior)
- Multicast Router Discovery: The IDMR working group has submitted this for Proposed Standard. MAGMA takes ownership after publication as RFC. - Snooping Considerations: draft-ietf-idmr-snoop-00.txt
- Group management MIBs - update RFC 2933 for IGMPv3 - update RFC 3019 for MLDv2
- Interaction between IGMP/MLD and routing protocols - draft-ietf-idmr-igmpv3-and-routing-00.txt
- Extensions to MLD supporting anycast group memberships including authentication and access control mechanisms - draft-haberman-ipngwg-host-anycast-00.txt
In addition, this working group will coordinate with other IETF working groups where multicast and anycast group management protocols are utilized as well as coordinating with the Multicast Security WG.
|Aug 01||  ||Submit SSM considerations for IGMPv3 specification as Proposed Standard.|
|Dec 01||  ||Submit IGMPv3 Interactions with routing protocols document as Informational.|
|Dec 01||  ||Submit MLDv2 specification as Proposed Standard.|
|Dec 01||  ||Submit Extensions to MLD for Anycast as Proposed Standard.|
|Dec 01||  ||Submit IGMP Snooping Considerations document as Informational.|
|Dec 01||  ||Submit Multicast Source Filtering API as Informational|
|Dec 01||  ||Submit Mixed-version IGMP Proxying as Proposed Standard.|
|Dec 01||  ||Submit SSM considerations for MLD specification as Proposed Standard|
|Mar 02||  ||Submit IGMPv3 MIB as Proposed Standard.|
|Mar 02||  ||Submit MSNIP for IPv4 specification as Proposed Standard.|
|Mar 02||  ||Submit MLD Snooping Considerations document as Informational.|
|Mar 02||  ||Submit MLDv2 MIB as Proposed Standard.|
|Mar 02||  ||Submit MSNIP for IPv6 specification as Proposed Standard.|
|Mar 02||  ||Submit MLDv2 Interactions with routing protocols document as Informational.|
|Mar 02||  ||Submit MLD Proxying specification as Proposed Standard.|
|RFC3228||IANA Considerations for IGMP|