Last Modified: 2004-10-20
Minutes of SIEVE BOF at IETF 61, 11-Nov-2004
(Raw log at <http://email@example.com/2004-11-11.txt>)
- MEETING OPENED
Agenda bashing - no changes to agenda.
Apologies from Alexey, stuck in UK.
History lesson of SIEVE from Cyrus.
Current proposed WG status:
IESG are talking about WG formation at next telechat Thursday, unless something drastic happens, there should be a WG.
TOPIC: Base spec revision
- List of issues from Tim presented.
- Most issues are relatively minor.
- Major issue: variables draft needs a side-effect on test, but base draft says MUST NOT. Needs to be fixed.
- No other issues brought up.
TOPIC: Relation revision
- Issue: ge, gt, etc not specified.
- No other issues brought up.
TOPIC: Subaddress revision
- No issues brought up.
- No need to rev right now.
- Request for :percent parameter.
- Consensus to add this in a backwards compatible manner with new 'require' capability.
- Cyrus will rev spec.
-05 recently posted to mailing list.
- Still need discussion on how it interacts with other actions.
- Discussed interaction with base spec and requirement to loosen MUST NOT in base.
- Consensus was to get revised base spec draft first then do WGLC on variables.
- Question about whether setdate was needed. Consensus was that it can wait.
- Request for :from argument to allow setting MAIL FROM or From: header in vacation message.
- Needed to help with case of multiple addresses tied to a single mailbox.
- Consensus was to add :from argument to vacation with new 'require' capability for backwards compatibility.
- Tim should revise spec and then we WGLC it.
TOPIC: Body test
- Issue on use of :binary - can it be removed.
- Consensus to remove :binary.
- Issue with interaction with variables and :regex and :matches scans only in body.
- Jutta will make changes and submit ready for WGLC.
TOPIC: Edit Header
- Issue on use of deleteheader :index/:last arguments - are they needed?
- Jutta will make this change and submit revised spec for discussion.
TOPIC: regexp draft
- Issue of interaction with variables.
- Ken will properly reference variables.
- Issue of i18n unicode regex's.
- No consensus on appropriate way forward on this after much debate.
- Committee of Ken, Ned & John K to research this and report back.
TOPIC: MIME parts test
- Consensus that this is a worthwhile test to have.
- Authors of two current proposals will get together and produce a unified spec.
TOPIC: Refuse test
- Debate about whether two actions or one should be used for this.
- Consensus was to remove 'reject' from base spec and have a new draft for modified 'reject' command.
- No consensus on details of unified action - authors will submit new draft for discussion.
TOPIC: IMAP flags
- Should spec reference variables or do its own thing (as it does now).
- General agreement that we need to pick one way to do this and get on with it!
- Consensus in room was go away and figure this out on the mailing list.
- Ned will take over authorship of draft.
- Q: interest in resurrecting script interaction draft?
- There seem to be some differences in how existing implementations exactly do this, and reluctance to make changes to conform to the draft.
- MEETING CLOSED