CBOR WG Meeting - Interim 20-13
Wednesday, July 15, 2020, 17:00 - 18:00 CEST
Chairs: Francesca Palombini, Jim Schaad
RFC7049 erratas :
Errata 3764: (Verified) - Fixed
Errata 3770: (Verified) - Fixed
Errata 4409: (Reported) - Canonicalization rules
Errata 4963: (Reported) - Canonicalization rules
Errata 4964: (Reported) - Canonicalization rules
JS: Suggest close - Reject - but add note to say they were really fixed in the bis document.
Errata 5434: (Reported) - Example Removed
JS: Hold for document update
Errata 5763: (Reported) - Section 3.4? text is changed
JS: Hold for document update.
Errata 5917: (Held) - simple(24) removed
Errata 4294: (Held) - Fixed
JS: Action - send a piece of mail to Barry about this.
CBOR Tag for Date status : Mike
MJ: Created draft with resolution to comments.
Did not get published because of the blackout period.
CB: Made two more minor comments - supply the strings and numbers for John L example.
MJ: Where did the formula in the message come from
CB: From the code (Ruby) that I did the computations in.
FP: Shepard review is ready, just need the IPR declaration and waiting for next version.
Will post now and update for the new version.
MJ: Can do the update this week.
FP: Need the new version to push the button.
CBOR OID draft : Carsten
CB: There are some things to discuss. Mostly addressed.
JS: I think everything is done but the control operators and recursion on this
CB: Yes but should not hurt the call for adoption.
FP: Is already a charter item, so can do adoption.
HB: This is about reference integrity measurement in RATS. Some external things already use certificates.
Makes interopability in CoSWID much easier.
CDDL Module design cont.
CDDL modules: sockets and features
JS: Have two things - rules and other things
Define thing which are recommended to define rules to export
CB: If we define an export rule then can define some of the semantic information
Allow for linkage of CDDL names to RFD terms. THink about how to do this.
Look at the end of the name, term blue is used for steaks and for colors.
Need to identify which concept is being used where it is being referenced.
Similar to enums which have names, but can also have a type defined for fully qualified names.
MCR: For example - everybody wants and enum item/entry called “error”.
JS: Need to have people read and digest and ask questions/comments/suggested solutions.
CB: If can generate some guidance now about known specifications that would be useful.
FP: Any way to ping this to other groups?
HB: Might be able to talk to the suit WG. They have some requirements that might be useful.
CB: Some 50 RFCs and drafts reference CDDL - if we go though this we might get information.
Prefer to ask the questions with a straw man design for input on what would work.
IETF 108 scheduling - 8:29
we have 50 minutes
FP: This is the email list of things people asked to present.
FP: Should not need to do date-tag unless feedback has come in.
CB: Will have an update for the cbor-tags document on Sunday.
FP: If we get feedback should talk about it. Anything to talk about other than JS review.
CB: Yes get more reviews.
FP: Anything else?
CB: What is the course of action for Notable Tags document.
FP: What questions on packed document
CB: Depends on what questions are asked. Old idea and need to get decisions for doing it.
Needs a good discussion before WG adoption.
JS: Is the only question getting some interaction with the control operators document.
CB: Yes I think so.
Quick advert for ADSF BoF.
Have submitted first version of JSON Path document for Dispatch.
Hope to make JSON Path useful for CBOR as well as just JSON.
CFRG meeting starts one hour after this meeting starts.
[JS]: Jim Schaad
[MCR]: Michael Richardson
[FP]: Francesca Palombini
[CB]: Carsten Bormann
[MJ]: Mike Jones
[BL]: Barry Leiba
[HB]: Henk Birkholz