IETF
abfab@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, 29 March 2012< ^ >
jhutz@jis.mit.edu/owl has set the subject to: ABFAB WG | http://tools.ietf.org/wg/abfab/
Room Configuration

GMT+0
[06:53:32] Gabriel Lopez joins the room
[06:55:58] weiyinxing joins the room
[07:01:38] tlyu@jis.mit.edu joins the room
[07:04:28] sftcd joins the room
[07:05:16] jimsch joins the room
[07:06:30] Rhys Smith joins the room
[07:07:01] Rhys Smith leaves the room
[07:07:09] Rhys joins the room
[07:08:50] Diego R. Lopez joins the room
[07:11:11] sftcd leaves the room
[07:11:18] stefan.winter joins the room
[07:11:18] sftcd joins the room
[07:11:38] <stefan.winter> Hi, sorry for being late. Mac Messages Beta was giving me a hard time...
[07:11:48] <stefan.winter> Now on iChat again.
[07:11:48] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[07:12:05] stefan.winter leaves the room
[07:15:40] stefan.winter joins the room
[07:16:06] <stefan.winter> Hi again. I think I can now finally take up my role as Jabber scribe.
[07:16:44] <stefan.winter> Perez fragmentation to hum: do we need it?
[07:17:06] <stefan.winter> Hum was largely in favor of mandating "perez fragmentation" support.
[07:17:11] <stefan.winter> Will be confirmed on the list.
[07:17:15] Satoru Kanno joins the room
[07:19:32] <stefan.winter> Sam argues about GSS-API - please join by audio to get what the issue is about (I don't :-) )
[07:19:49] semery joins the room
[07:22:13] <stefan.winter> Sam is up next - no slides. Audio only.
[07:23:48] <stefan.winter> Topic is GSS-EAP
[07:28:22] <stefan.winter> Next topic: GSS-EAP naming
[07:33:01] <stefan.winter> Consensus check: hum if okay limiting the scope of this document to authenticated users
[07:33:38] <stefan.winter> consensus pretty clear that it *is* okay. To be confirmed on the list.
[07:35:39] <stefan.winter> unicode support for gss naming will be reviewed by unicode experts to be selected by Stephen Farrell.
[07:37:08] cheevarat joins the room
[07:37:29] <sftcd> @stefan: that's too imperative - we'll go look for someone who can do this review and we'll ask nicely
[07:38:04] <stefan.winter> okay, sorry.
[07:38:22] <sftcd> no probs, just in case it gets translated to minutes
[07:45:01] <stefan.winter> Next talk: Rhys on Use cases, OID registry, Usability
[07:45:10] <stefan.winter> (slide 2)
[07:46:55] <stefan.winter> Diego: abfab and smart objects?
[07:47:34] <stefan.winter> Sam: wrote a paper, latex source available, stealable
[07:49:28] <stefan.winter> (someone) from Uni of Amsterdam: cloud use case
[07:49:44] pereniguezgarcia joins the room
[07:50:18] <stefan.winter> Klaas asked for text on that topic - agreed.
[07:50:36] <stefan.winter> Leif makes clear that time window is very small.
[07:52:06] <stefan.winter> next draft with this text in a few weeks.
[07:52:23] <stefan.winter> End of April.
[07:52:49] <stefan.winter> (Slide 3)
[07:53:30] <stefan.winter> Jim Schaad: only reason why its not WG, is because author didn't submit yet.
[07:53:37] <stefan.winter> Will be rectified.
[07:54:55] <stefan.winter> (slide 4)
[07:55:48] <stefan.winter> show of hands for reading UI - 2 people
[07:57:13] <stefan.winter> Next topic: eap applicability
[07:58:54] <stefan.winter> Joe editor of the "lobotomized" EAP applicability statement (only containing abfab-specific parts)
[07:59:14] <stefan.winter> approach is endorsed
[07:59:29] <stefan.winter> Next topic: architecture draft
[08:00:31] <stefan.winter> Jim: volunteered to be co-author of arch draft
[08:00:56] <stefan.winter> plans to discuss with other authors first
[08:01:24] <stefan.winter> Sam is happy to stay involved - with a minor, non-blocking role
[08:01:46] <stefan.winter> Next topic: RADIUS fragmentation ("perez fragmentation")
[08:02:18] <stefan.winter> (slide 2)
[08:03:27] <stefan.winter> (slide 3)
[08:07:08] <stefan.winter> (example slide)
[08:07:52] <stefan.winter> (exmaple slide - 6)
[08:07:59] <sftcd> what happens when some of these packets are lost? that in the I-D?
[08:08:25] <stefan.winter> Should I channel you at the mic?
[08:08:47] <sftcd> @stefan, nah, I'm here:-)
[08:08:51] <stefan.winter> I know :-)
[08:09:27] <stefan.winter> I guess the usual RADIUS re-transmits are used.
[08:10:00] <stefan.winter> (example - 8)
[08:10:22] <stefan.winter> (example - 9 )
[08:14:59] <stefan.winter> first chunk to be sent SHOULD be 3K or below, to allow for proxy attribute injection (and negotiation how much data proxies feel they need to add)
[08:15:43] yohba727 joins the room
[08:16:18] <stefan.winter> (slide 11)
[08:16:27] <sftcd> I'm wondering if the 3K number is based on something or a guess
[08:17:34] <stefan.winter> don't know. I've never seen a whole K of data injected by a proxy. I guess we could argue if it's 3K 3.5K or 3.8K if we really want to.
[08:17:54] <sftcd> or argue to do some testing?
[08:18:36] <stefan.winter> Testing is difficult - with the number, brand and make of RADIUS proxies out there.
[08:19:00] <sftcd> I can believe that
[08:19:07] <stefan.winter> More like an observatory maybe - what packet size diffs between source and dest are typically seen in the wild.
[08:19:23] <stefan.winter> But good luck building the observatory infrastructure...
[08:20:18] <stefan.winter> lively discussion in the room on SAML attribute rewrite
[08:22:38] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[08:22:38] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[08:25:23] weiyinxing leaves the room
[08:32:42] <stefan.winter> draft will also be presented in radext tomorrow
[08:35:43] <stefan.winter> should make sure that radext recharter includes this work
[08:36:33] <stefan.winter> author makes clear that fragmentation draft is - to his knowledge - not IPR encumbered.
[08:36:46] <stefan.winter> Next topic: trust router
[08:41:30] weiyinxing joins the room
[08:43:13] Alan DeKok joins the room
[08:47:12] <stefan.winter> extensive discussion which problem trust router should be solved
[08:50:07] yohba727 leaves the room
[08:58:07] cheevarat leaves the room
[08:59:11] <sftcd> I have no idea why these definitions are helpful maybe I'll find out in a minute
[09:00:39] cheevarat joins the room
[09:03:21] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[09:21:50] weiyinxing leaves the room
[09:29:14] jimsch leaves the room
[09:30:14] Rhys leaves the room
[09:30:14] Alan DeKok leaves the room
[09:30:19] Satoru Kanno leaves the room
[09:30:28] semery leaves the room
[09:30:30] tlyu@jis.mit.edu leaves the room
[09:30:44] sftcd leaves the room
[09:31:17] cheevarat leaves the room
[09:31:44] Diego R. Lopez leaves the room
[09:32:49] pereniguezgarcia leaves the room
[09:34:01] Gabriel Lopez leaves the room
[09:38:16] Diego R. Lopez joins the room
[09:39:05] stefan.winter leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[09:39:05] stefan.winter joins the room
[09:49:04] Rhys joins the room
[09:52:04] sftcd joins the room
[09:52:54] sftcd leaves the room
[09:55:14] Diego R. Lopez leaves the room
[09:59:28] jimsch1 joins the room
[10:04:51] stefan.winter leaves the room
[10:35:31] Alan DeKok joins the room
[10:43:27] jimsch1 leaves the room
[10:57:15] Rhys leaves the room
[10:59:15] Alan DeKok leaves the room
[11:05:50] Diego R. Lopez joins the room
[11:10:04] Diego R. Lopez leaves the room
[11:14:14] Rhys joins the room
[12:37:55] Rhys leaves the room
[13:26:29] Alan DeKok joins the room
[13:26:43] Alan DeKok leaves the room
[14:00:09] stefan.winter joins the room
[14:01:44] stefan.winter leaves the room
[14:49:39] stefan.winter joins the room
[15:11:48] stefan.winter leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[15:11:48] stefan.winter joins the room
[15:35:40] stefan.winter leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[15:35:40] stefan.winter joins the room
[15:35:55] stefan.winter leaves the room
[16:36:29] stefan.winter joins the room
[16:36:42] stefan.winter leaves the room
[17:05:30] stefan.winter joins the room
[17:21:22] stefan.winter leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!