IETF
anima
anima@jabber.ietf.org
Monday, April 4, 2016< ^ >
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[02:13:45] Brian Carpenter joins the room
[02:13:55] <Brian Carpenter> testing only
[02:14:12] Brian Carpenter leaves the room: offline
[20:12:10] Toerless Eckert joins the room
[20:12:21] <Toerless Eckert> good afternoon
[20:12:27] <Toerless Eckert> anybody here ?
[20:33:59] Meetecho joins the room
[20:35:42] Simon Pietro Romano joins the room
[20:36:14] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[20:37:52] Brian Carpenter joins the room
[20:39:13] <Brian Carpenter> yes, but no audio
[20:39:36] Pierre Peloso joins the room
[20:39:56] <Meetecho> working on that
[20:40:19] Laurent Ciavaglia joins the room
[20:40:50] <Laurent Ciavaglia> hello, audio and video seems ok
[20:42:48] Rajan Rao joins the room
[20:43:23] <Toerless Eckert> still anybody with audio problems ? Brian ?
[20:43:29] Guy Meador joins the room
[20:43:54] max pritikin joins the room
[20:44:21] <Brian Carpenter> Video OK, audio not. Maybe I have a plugin problem? Windows Media player can't find "file"
[20:45:14] m.behringer joins the room
[20:45:23] <Meetecho> Brian Carpenter: no there's a problem with the webcam
[20:45:27] <Meetecho> working on that
[20:45:32] Michael Richardson joins the room
[20:45:36] <Rajan Rao> Audio good. don't see video
[20:46:28] <Michael Richardson> agenda: Michael is speaking rather than Max.
[20:46:43] <m.behringer> Am I_
[20:46:44] <m.behringer> ?
[20:48:08] <Michael Richardson> Michael Richardson is speaking rather than Max.
[20:48:21] <m.behringer> That's better! :-)
[20:49:23] mcr2 joins the room
[20:50:34] <Brian Carpenter> OK my audio is fixed (¬Flashblock)
[20:50:52] cjbc joins the room
[20:51:12] <Michael Richardson> wish there was a way to see big presenter window, along with small slide window.
[20:51:37] Brian Carpenter leaves the room
[20:52:05] Brian Carpenter joins the room
[20:52:28] <Simon Pietro Romano> ...just double click on it.
[20:52:56] <Michael Richardson> if I double click on the video, it takes over the screen, and I can no longer see the slides...
[20:53:40] Guy Meador leaves the room
[20:54:19] <Michael Richardson> I also make the slides take over the screen with the video on the right, but it isn't any bigger.  I'm just whining. Ignore me.
[20:55:15] <Brian Carpenter> Yeah, you lnow what Bing looks like anyway :)
[20:55:37] <Simon Pietro Romano> :)
[20:56:48] Toerless Eckert leaves the room
[20:58:24] Toerless Eckert joins the room
[21:02:16] Ana Laura Diedrichs joins the room
[21:05:02] Ana Laura Diedrichs leaves the room
[21:06:52] <Michael Richardson> mic: mcr will read document.
[21:06:54] <Toerless Eckert> and this request also goes to the remote audience
[21:07:36] <Brian Carpenter> WHo was the first one?
[21:07:56] <Laurent Ciavaglia> Michael B.
[21:08:17] <Laurent Ciavaglia> that's a Michael "mafia"
[21:08:21] <Brian Carpenter> OK, Michael plus Michael
[21:08:26] <max pritikin> the audio sounds great on my end
[21:08:28] <max pritikin> so it is the room audio
[21:09:03] <Toerless Eckert> yes, room audio suck, we hear speakers from both other rooms left and right, and the audio engineer does not speak english ;-(
[21:13:35] <Meetecho> Toerless Eckert: we asked and unfortunately it's an issue in both Buen Ayre B and C, and with the audio setup of the room itself, apparently; they'll have to change the mics for that, something they can't do now
[21:14:26] <Meetecho> it's a matter of mic frequency interference
[21:15:28] <Brian Carpenter> It's rather ghostly heard remotely.8)
[21:15:38] Rajan Rao leaves the room
[21:19:19] <Meetecho> well, I guess we would call it a ghost effect of some sort :)
[21:19:24] <Meetecho> *could
[21:19:38] Rafael Silva joins the room
[21:19:44] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[21:19:58] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[21:23:35] <Michael Richardson> Meetecho, would be awesome in future if could see slides and view of the room for remote presenters.
[21:24:03] <Meetecho> Michael Richardson: you're right, sorry about that
[21:24:14] <Meetecho> we could have pointed the camera on the audience
[21:24:22] <Meetecho> tell us next time and we'll do that!
[21:25:06] <Brian Carpenter> How many people in the room?
[21:25:27] <mcr2> yeah, my colours were mostly gone too...
[21:26:09] <mcr2> Meetecho, I think that you should always point at room by default, only point at chairs when they are speaking.
[21:26:26] <mcr2> by default when there is remote presenter.
[21:26:30] <Meetecho> you mean for remote presenters? otherwise we point at speakers
[21:26:33] <Brian Carpenter> Maybe we should chain the speakers to the middle of the pink square?
[21:26:42] <mcr2> yeah, for remote presenters, always point at room.
[21:26:49] <Meetecho> (y)
[21:26:59] <Meetecho> duly noted!
[21:28:22] Pierre Peloso leaves the room
[21:28:26] <mcr2> is the list called "rmeet" or "vmeet"?
[21:28:29] Pierre Peloso joins the room
[21:29:02] Pierre Peloso leaves the room
[21:29:07] <mcr2> vmeet. thank you for the help.
[21:29:38] Pierre Peloso joins the room
[21:30:21] <Michael Richardson> grumble: I still don't want to negotiate to negotiate.
[21:31:08] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[21:32:18] <Michael Richardson> or because the ACP cross things which aren't ethernet...
[21:40:02] mcr2 nods. I'd still love a volunteer to write this ASA up.
[21:40:47] <Brian Carpenter> I'd love a volunteer to code it in Python, as a sanity check
[21:41:04] <mcr2> okay.
[21:41:18] <mcr2> I thought you already did... it was ~12 lines or something.
[21:41:38] Rafael Silva leaves the room
[21:41:45] mcr2 what Stuart said.
[21:42:00] <Meetecho> FYI for the chairs: there's somebody in the virtual queue
[21:42:10] <Meetecho> you can unmute him pressing the famous "big red button"
[21:42:26] Paolo Saviano joins the room
[21:43:24] Pierre Peloso leaves the room
[21:43:43] <mcr2> fix macsec then.
[21:43:45] Pierre Peloso joins the room
[21:44:12] <max pritikin> ^ i would tend to agree with that!
[21:46:02] Paolo Saviano leaves the room
[21:46:09] <mcr2> sounded like Toerless would like to use GRASP to negotiate a macsec key, which is just fine with me.  But that falls into fix macsec.
[21:46:54] <max pritikin> and "negotiate a macsec key" sounds like a bootstrap key infrastructure requirement (which is not currently covered by that draft).
[21:49:18] <mcr2> max, no it's not.
[21:49:46] <mcr2> it's a macsec session key that they need, and they haven't really got an IKE equivalent that can do this from certificates.
[21:51:08] <mcr2> we need to just do certificates... if there is no peer to peer macsec negotiation that can work from certificates, the macsec people need to define one (IKEv2 would work fine... in fact, you could do the macsec vs IPsec negotiation inside IKEv2 if you want).   If macsec needs to talk to an oracle to get a network-wide key, then we have a different problem.
[21:51:27] <mcr2> anyway... I'm off to my evening running event. Thanks guys! See you tomorrow.
[21:51:30] mcr2 leaves the room
[21:52:50] <max pritikin> i feel like i'm missing something. macsec key management is 802.1X which clearly uses certs. where did i get confused?
[21:53:30] <Michael Richardson> beyond having "router-1233245234" vs "printer-2532453245", I don't think the registrar should do anything specific. Let the ACP connect the device to the NMS so that the operator can put a nice name in like: "core-3-bdi300.isp.example.net"
[21:54:20] <Michael Richardson> I don't think macsec between peers uses EAP.
[21:54:55] <Michael Richardson> and 802.1x EAP-TLS does not use the certificates to derive the keys; the authorization server (radius server) generates a MSK and sends it to authenticator and suppliant.
[21:55:33] <Toerless Eckert> michael: do you want to make the comment on the mike ?
[21:56:13] Michael Richardson leaves the room
[21:56:23] <Laurent Ciavaglia> speaker cam is frozen...!?
[21:56:26] Sharon Chisholm joins the room
[21:56:49] <max pritikin> @mcr ah, between peers no EAP. i hadnt thought of that. hmm.
[21:57:11] Paolo Saviano joins the room
[21:57:58] Sharon Chisholm leaves the room
[21:57:59] Simon Pietro Romano leaves the room
[21:58:23] <Laurent Ciavaglia> speaker cam fixed, thanks
[22:03:04] Paolo Saviano leaves the room
[22:09:27] <Brian Carpenter> Why would anybody ever type this in? It's an autonomic network.
[22:17:55] max pritikin leaves the room
[22:25:19] max pritikin joins the room
[22:32:44] Brian Carpenter leaves the room
[22:39:10] <Laurent Ciavaglia> bye
[22:40:19] Pierre Peloso leaves the room
[22:40:24] Laurent Ciavaglia leaves the room
[22:40:49] max pritikin leaves the room
[22:41:47] cjbc leaves the room
[22:43:21] Meetecho leaves the room
[22:44:53] Toerless Eckert leaves the room
[22:52:08] m.behringer leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!