IETF
cfrg
cfrg@jabber.ietf.org
Wednesday, July 20, 2016< ^ >
Chris Inacio has set the subject to: IETF-95 CFRG Meeting
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[11:24:10] Phillip Hallam-Baker joins the room
[11:25:18] Phillip Hallam-Baker leaves the room
[11:38:06] Meetecho joins the room
[11:55:10] yuki goto joins the room
[11:55:11] Ekaterina Smyshlyaeva joins the room
[11:55:11] Stefan-Lukas Gazdag joins the room
[11:55:11] Scott Fluhrer joins the room
[11:55:16] Yoav Nir joins the room
[11:56:07] rsalz joins the room
[11:56:19] rsalz has set the subject to: CFRG at IETF-96
[11:56:58] JeffH joins the room
[11:57:39] Sean Leonard joins the room
[11:58:49] <JeffH> i suggest we crowd-source the minutes here: http://etherpad.tools.ietf.org:9000/p/notes-ietf-96-cfrg
[11:59:41] Igor Oliveira joins the room
[12:00:16] Ben Kaduk joins the room
[12:00:43] <rsalz> slides at http://datatracker.ietf.org/rg/cfrg/documents/
[12:01:09] Valery Smyslov joins the room
[12:01:20] <rsalz> chair slides, title.  kenny paterson
[12:01:39] <rsalz> faster link to slides: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/96/session/cfrg/
[12:01:49] wseltzer@jabber.org joins the room
[12:02:07] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[12:02:09] <rsalz> please say MIC if you want me to relay at the microphone
[12:02:29] fneves joins the room
[12:02:33] <rsalz> p7 document status
[12:03:00] Igor Oliveira leaves the room
[12:04:48] sftcd joins the room
[12:05:29] <rsalz> dkg talking
[12:05:41] <rsalz> wendy seltzer
[12:05:44] <Ben Kaduk> I think we spent a lot of time talking past each other about context strings, but seem to be on the same page now
[12:06:06] <rsalz> p8 crypto review panel
[12:06:06] berndtdasbrot joins the room
[12:06:24] kivinen joins the room
[12:06:48] Evgeny Alekseev joins the room
[12:07:01] <rsalz> dkg talking
[12:07:14] Darshak Thakore joins the room
[12:07:18] <Scott Fluhrer> Where to do email nominations to?
[12:07:31] <rsalz> i'll ask
[12:07:59] <sftcd> cfrg chairs iirc
[12:08:08] Simon Pietro Romano joins the room
[12:08:19] <rsalz> yes, confirmed
[12:08:36] <rsalz> p9 AOB
[12:08:42] Melinda joins the room
[12:08:45] <rsalz> Next presentation.
[12:09:08] Kyle Rose joins the room
[12:09:13] <rsalz> Argon 2; Dmitry Khovratovich
[12:09:54] <rsalz> p2 why we need argon 2
[12:10:03] <rsalz> p3 password-based authenticatoin
[12:10:45] Francisco Arias joins the room
[12:11:09] <rsalz> p4 dictionary attacks on passwords
[12:11:48] <rsalz> p5 performance
[12:12:14] David McGrew joins the room
[12:12:45] <rsalz> p6 solution
[12:13:24] <rsalz> p7 argon2, the winner
[12:13:32] <rsalz> p8 specificdation of argon2
[12:14:54] <rsalz> p9 tweak from 1.2.1 to 1.3
[12:14:54] Panos Kampanakis joins the room
[12:15:09] Samuel Jero joins the room
[12:15:20] <rsalz> p10 feedback requested
[12:16:43] <rsalz> p11 argon2 with sha-3
[12:18:00] <rsalz> p12 security
[12:19:15] <rsalz> p13 more on tradeoff attacks
[12:19:52] Francisco Arias leaves the room
[12:20:22] Francisco Arias joins the room
[12:21:03] <rsalz> p14 status of argon2 under recent attacs
[12:22:43] <rsalz> p15 attacks under scope
[12:25:54] <rsalz> p16 summary of tradeoff security
[12:27:17] <rsalz> Yaron Shaffer talking
[12:28:55] <rsalz> Hanno Bock
[12:29:11] <rsalz> Boeck
[12:29:22] whatdafuq joins the room
[12:29:50] Stefan-Lukas Gazdag leaves the room
[12:29:57] Stefan-Lukas Gazdag joins the room
[12:30:51] <rsalz> Stephen Farrell
[12:31:23] Scott Fluhrer leaves the room
[12:31:47] <rsalz> Antoine ?
[12:31:55] Scott Fluhrer joins the room
[12:33:12] <rsalz> dkg
[12:34:09] jimsch1 joins the room
[12:34:46] <Ben Kaduk> "string-to-key"
[12:35:25] <rsalz> next presentation coming up
[12:35:51] <rsalz> sespake stanislav smyshlyaev
[12:36:09] <rsalz> p2 original motivation for sespake development
[12:37:06] <rsalz> p3 ... same title
[12:37:35] dkg joins the room
[12:37:55] <rsalz> p4 TC 26 document: the SESPAKE protocol
[12:38:25] <rsalz> p5: (ladder diagram)
[12:39:20] <rsalz> p6 R1:: A MAKE scheme MUST ...
[12:40:44] jimsch1 leaves the room
[12:41:26] <rsalz> p7 R2: A PAKE scheme SHOULD ...
[12:42:09] <rsalz> p8: The proof must show ...
[12:42:26] <rsalz> p9: Do we need the key confirmation step ...
[12:43:41] <rsalz> p1: lots of math
[12:44:04] <rsalz> p11: R3 the authors SHOULD know how ...
[12:44:25] <rsalz> p14 Procecures for handling the countesr ...
[12:45:05] <rsalz> p15 Performance
[12:45:50] <rsalz> p16 conclusion
[12:46:23] <rsalz> p17 draft-smyshlyaev-sespake-09 remaining questions
[12:46:32] Yoav Nir leaves the room
[12:48:26] <rsalz> p18 end
[12:49:42] <rsalz> hannes
[12:51:36] Melinda leaves the room
[12:52:05] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[12:52:14] <rsalz> HIMMO by Oscar Garcia-Marchon
[12:52:31] <rsalz> p1 contents
[12:52:43] <rsalz> Restart; TITLE
[12:52:49] <rsalz> p1 Aims of the presentation
[12:52:50] <rsalz> p2 contents
[12:53:01] whatdafuq leaves the room
[12:53:14] <rsalz> p3 key pre-distribution scheme
[12:53:54] Darshak Thakore leaves the room
[12:54:15] <rsalz> p4 rationale
[12:55:00] JoeHallCDT joins the room
[12:55:02] <rsalz> p5 HIMMO
[12:56:50] <rsalz> p6 HIMMO in practice
[12:57:10] <rsalz> p7 ... one-way key exchange and entity auth
[12:57:24] <rsalz> p8 ... implicit certification
[12:58:11] <rsalz> p9 ...multiple ttp support
[12:58:50] <rsalz> p12 ... for certification of public keys
[12:59:07] <rsalz> (I sync'd up with the numbering, we did not skip slides)
[13:00:00] <rsalz> p13 Attack paths and security analysis
[13:00:59] whatdafuq joins the room
[13:01:41] <rsalz> p14 HIMMO security analysis relies on the ...
[13:02:29] <rsalz> p15 HIMMO contest
[13:02:34] Ekaterina Smyshlyaeva leaves the room
[13:02:59] <rsalz> p16 public verificdation and the himmo contest
[13:03:48] <rsalz> p17 about the HIMMO contest
[13:04:44] <rsalz> p18 performance
[13:05:55] <rsalz> p19 done; Q&A
[13:06:12] <rsalz> Dmitry
[13:07:10] Yoav Nir joins the room
[13:07:53] <rsalz> Viktor Dukhovni
[13:09:10] <rsalz> Bob Moskowitz
[13:11:08] <rsalz> Stephen Farrel
[13:11:54] <David McGrew> Has an IPR statement been submitted to IETF, stating tyerms?
[13:12:13] <JoeHallCDT> seems like the answer was no there
[13:12:17] <rsalz> CRYPTECH.  Rob Austein
[13:12:28] randy bush joins the room
[13:12:28] <rsalz> p2 Overview
[13:13:10] <JoeHallCDT> AMS++ (they just oiled the door to the room so it doesn't squeak)
[13:13:50] <rsalz> p3 What this is and is not
[13:14:28] <rsalz> p4 Principal hardware features
[13:16:18] <rsalz> p5 algorithms currently supported
[13:16:24] Ben Kaduk leaves the room
[13:16:53] <rsalz> p6: Interfaces currently available
[13:17:35] <rsalz> p7 next steps
[13:18:33] <rsalz> p8 join us!
[13:18:55] <rsalz> ekr
[13:20:00] <rsalz> next.  Phil Hallam Baker on proxy re-encryption
[13:20:03] <sftcd> yay for cryptech
[13:20:27] <rsalz> +1 for that.  and want an openssl ENGINE API :)
[13:20:35] <rsalz> p1 What it is
[13:21:09] randy bush leaves the room
[13:21:35] <sftcd> phill's slides have no references, anyone got a pointer to the missing detail?
[13:22:02] <rsalz> p2 What it is
[13:22:16] <rsalz> maybe this? http://www.schunter.org/sirene/people/gerrit/papers/divertproxy.pdf
[13:22:57] <rsalz> 'atomic proxy re-encryption' seems to be the key keywords, as it were
[13:24:26] Robin Wilton joins the room
[13:24:38] JoeHallCDT leaves the room
[13:24:45] <wseltzer@jabber.org>   /me finds https://isi.jhu.edu/~mgreen/proxy.pdf
[13:25:01] Satoru Kanno joins the room
[13:25:33] <rsalz> dkg talking
[13:27:25] Samuel Jero leaves the room
[13:27:30] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[13:27:31] <rsalz> open mic
[13:27:41] <rsalz> kyle rose
[13:28:07] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[13:28:34] Satoru Kanno leaves the room
[13:29:16] <rsalz> Stephen Farrel
[13:29:20] <rsalz> Phil H-B
[13:29:50] Satoru Kanno joins the room
[13:30:09] <rsalz> dkg
[13:31:29] <rsalz> Hannes
[13:31:30] Francisco Arias leaves the room
[13:32:39] <rsalz> Santos from Ripple
[13:33:26] <rsalz> pkcs7?
[13:33:46] Kyle Rose leaves the room
[13:33:56] Simon Pietro Romano leaves the room
[13:34:00] rsalz leaves the room
[13:34:06] wseltzer@jabber.org leaves the room
[13:34:12] Yoav Nir leaves the room
[13:34:17] kivinen leaves the room
[13:35:05] Panos Kampanakis leaves the room
[13:35:14] Stefan-Lukas Gazdag leaves the room
[13:35:15] Sean Leonard leaves the room
[13:35:15] Valery Smyslov leaves the room
[13:35:15] Satoru Kanno leaves the room
[13:35:16] yuki goto leaves the room
[13:35:16] Evgeny Alekseev leaves the room
[13:36:00] Scott Fluhrer leaves the room
[13:36:01] David McGrew leaves the room
[13:38:13] JeffH leaves the room
[13:39:20] fneves leaves the room
[13:39:42] Meetecho leaves the room
[13:39:58] whatdafuq leaves the room
[13:42:55] Robin Wilton leaves the room
[13:45:06] sftcd leaves the room
[13:50:37] fneves joins the room
[13:51:24] fneves leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[13:51:41] fneves joins the room
[13:51:49] fneves leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[13:51:49] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[13:52:05] fneves joins the room
[13:52:13] berndtdasbrot leaves the room: Disconnected: No route to host
[13:53:15] Robin Wilton joins the room
[13:54:43] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room
[13:55:21] fneves leaves the room
[13:55:36] dkg leaves the room
[13:56:30] whatdafuq joins the room
[14:04:28] Kyle Rose joins the room
[14:05:37] wseltzer joins the room
[14:08:02] wseltzer leaves the room
[14:08:17] Robin Wilton leaves the room
[14:22:30] bergtau joins the room
[14:22:57] bergtau leaves the room
[14:29:46] whatdafuq leaves the room
[14:31:31] whatdafuq joins the room
[14:38:55] whatdafuq leaves the room
[15:18:26] Kyle Rose leaves the room
[15:21:02] whatdafuq joins the room
[15:35:59] whatdafuq leaves the room
[15:36:56] Kyle Rose joins the room
[15:37:28] Kyle Rose leaves the room
[15:47:16] whatdafuq joins the room
[15:58:05] whatdafuq leaves the room
[16:44:04] Karen O'Donoghue joins the room
[16:45:59] Karen O'Donoghue leaves the room