[02:31:25] --- raj has joined
[02:32:28] --- raj has left
[03:47:14] --- mstenber has joined
[03:47:23] --- mstenber has left
[03:48:22] --- mstenber has joined
[03:49:51] --- raj has joined
[03:52:49] --- tsavo_work@jabber.org/Meebo has joined
[03:59:59] --- marka has joined
[04:00:09] <tsavo_work@jabber.org/Meebo> dhc is meeting in Karlin I, right? Do you know if the audio streaming works from that meeting room (I just get an error note from Karlin I & II, but works from other rooms)?
[04:00:27] <mstenber> Karlin 1
[04:01:11] --- brabson has joined
[04:01:23] --- brabson has left
[04:01:38] --- shane has joined
[04:02:07] --- rhe has joined
[04:02:19] --- woj has joined
[04:02:20] <marka> can anyone out there hear the audio stream. The mics are now on.
[04:02:35] --- venaas has joined
[04:03:05] <venaas> audio ok now?
[04:03:15] --- ric@jabber.org.au has joined
[04:03:17] <tsavo_work@jabber.org/Meebo> Not working for me, I just get an error on player...
[04:03:35] <marka> ok contact the noc
[04:05:01] <tsavo_work@jabber.org/Meebo> works now
[04:05:05] <marka> ok
[04:05:12] --- teemu has joined
[04:05:19] <marka> adminstriva
[04:05:20] --- dthaler has joined
[04:05:24] --- miyahiro has joined
[04:05:33] --- brabson has joined
[04:05:37] <marka> WG I-D status
[04:05:39] --- Brzozowski has joined
[04:06:41] <marka> server-override, relay-agent-flags, v6-opt-dnsdomain and v6-leasequery to iesg
[04:08:02] --- fparent@jabber.org has joined
[04:08:10] <marka> wglcL v6-ero (ready to submit), v6-reconfigure-rebind (rev required), subnet-allocation (insuffient resp)
[04:09:15] <marka> should subnet-allocation be info or standards track?
[04:09:43] <marka> request for opinions?
[04:09:44] <raj> Same question applies to the "TFTP Addr Option" draft (which has now expired) (option 150)
[04:10:16] <marka> david hankins: subnet allocation should be proposed standard
[04:10:31] <marka> ted lemon: useful i.e. make standard
[04:11:06] --- behcet.sarikaya has joined
[04:11:51] <marka> steve: feels that it should be info but would be happy with standard. Note higher level required.
[04:12:06] <marka> discussion to list
[04:12:12] <Brzozowski> correction -> stig
[04:12:17] <Brzozowski> not steve :)
[04:12:28] <marka> pxelinux -> wgl next week
[04:12:42] <marka> vpn-option -> wglc
[04:13:01] <Brzozowski> www.tahi.org
[04:13:14] <marka> tahi tests in may. dhcpv6 to be covered.
[04:13:48] <marka> Bernie: RFC 3942
[04:14:57] --- amy_zhao has joined
[04:14:58] --- joshlitt has joined
[04:17:01] --- shubranshu has joined
[04:17:28] --- teemu has left
[04:17:32] <marka> list of which options where reported
[04:18:03] <marka> most not documented except for pxe (130s)
[04:18:23] <marka> 150 TFTP server
[04:18:38] <marka> 175-177 no id
[04:18:54] <marka> 208-211 document to pxelinus
[04:19:04] <marka> pxelinux
[04:19:26] <marka> (draft expired (tentative assigned))
[04:19:49] <marka> 220 subnet allocation tentativ assigned
[04:20:06] <marka> 221 Virtual subnnet (tent assig)
[04:20:28] <marka> 125-135 pxe
[04:21:14] <raj> If Bernie weren't talking so loudly we might be able to hear the whispering between Ralph and Stig better. :)
[04:21:25] <marka> ralf: publish ad I-D to for fomal list.
[04:21:30] <mstenber> you'd be better off than the people here :)
[04:22:39] <marka> Alain Durand: DHCPv6 Bake Off last week.
[04:23:06] <marka> lots of DHCPv6 now available
[04:23:25] <marka> initial tests suggested inter op issues
[04:23:39] <marka> 7 vendors/open source
[04:23:53] <marka> 14 participants (13 on site)
[04:24:10] <marka> 13 implementations
[04:24:23] <marka> ISC and RIPE thanks
[04:24:35] <marka> Comcast and participants as well
[04:26:01] <marka> basic test simple
[04:26:25] <marka> next multilple relays - problems seen with 3+ relays
[04:26:42] <marka> anycast relay top also
[04:27:03] <Brzozowski> are these slides posted?
[04:27:53] <marka> slides on ietf material site, Just in time.
[04:28:00] <marka> refresh browser
[04:28:07] --- psavola has joined
[04:28:54] <marka> lots of totally independent implementatiosn
[04:28:58] <marka> 16 issues found
[04:29:18] <marka> Another bakeoff befor Vancouver
[04:29:36] <marka> Issues discussion now.
[04:29:40] <marka> issue 1.
[04:32:44] <marka> addresses were being assigned from non RA avertised prefixed.
[04:32:46] <marka> internal communication broken
[04:33:08] --- shubranshu has left
[04:33:34] <marka> work-around make router advertise prefixes
[04:33:46] <marka> how to get prefix length?
[04:33:57] <marka> issue 6
[04:34:07] <marka> dunamic dns update
[04:34:31] <marka> what feedback to client?
[04:35:25] <venaas> is this problem taken cae of in fqdn rc
[04:35:33] <marka> work-around client probe dns until change seen
[04:35:52] <Brzozowski> rfc4703?
[04:36:02] <raj> mic?
[04:37:02] <marka> discuss rfc4703 implications
[04:37:17] <marka> issue 4
[04:37:29] --- xiaodong has joined
[04:37:39] <marka> client request iA_. What do you do?
[04:38:33] <marka> Ted: renew / solicite?
[04:39:12] <Brzozowski> is this not a case by case or deployment specific item
[04:39:17] <Brzozowski> ?
[04:40:15] --- brabson has left: Replaced by new connection
[04:41:21] --- aalain has joined
[04:42:14] <marka> needs to be discussed on list. servers currently behave differently
[04:43:29] <marka> issue 16:
[04:43:59] <marka> how to validate IA_ADDR field in IA_NA (or IA_TA)?
[04:44:18] <marka> suggestion IANA registry to address to reject.
[04:44:45] <marka> Issue 2 T1/T2=0
[04:45:17] <marka> Suggested fix client use default values
[04:45:30] <marka> .5 and .8 suggested
[04:45:39] <marka> language need to tighted.
[04:46:08] <marka> Issue 8: Servers using link addr filed of the agent to restrict addressed
[04:46:32] <marka> Issue 9: How should the relay agent select link-addr
[04:46:39] --- joonhyung.lim has joined
[04:47:18] <marka> Issue 11 confusion about linl-addr/peer-addr and relay-forward constuction
[04:47:26] <marka> Issue 14
[04:47:32] <marka> Multi-cast relaying
[04:48:05] <marka> no good reversed address
[04:48:36] <marka> Issue 15: Potential routing loop when using multi-0cast for intet-relay communication.
[04:49:04] <marka> "use inter-relay multi-cast at own risk"
[04:49:21] <marka> What is the maximum number of relays?
[04:51:05] <marka> Bernie Volz: DHCP Relay Agent Assigment Notification Option
[04:51:38] <marka> Problem found in wglc
[04:51:54] <marka> docis 3.0 diagram
[04:51:56] --- ric@jabber.org.au has left: Replaced by new connection
[04:52:33] <marka> How does the CMTS learn the delegted prefix?
[04:53:09] <Brzozowski> the RAAN option -- this ID
[04:53:14] <Brzozowski> is one way
[04:53:36] <Brzozowski> manual configuration perhaps
[04:54:05] <Brzozowski> routing protocols might be another
[04:54:13] <shane> Manually configure prefixes for 20 million cable modems?
[04:54:14] <shane> :-P
[04:54:20] <marka> Routing and BCP 38 issues
[04:54:24] <Brzozowski> i did not say it was a good idea
[04:54:24] <shane> I like your job creation strategy.
[04:54:26] <shane> ;)
[04:54:34] <Brzozowski> i was asked to provide alternatives
[04:54:38] <Brzozowski> :)
[04:55:04] <Brzozowski> drop unemployment rate ;)
[04:55:08] <Brzozowski> LOL
[04:55:10] --- behcet.sarikaya has left
[04:57:11] <marka> Possible solutions: snoop packets
[04:57:37] --- behcet.sarikaya has joined
[04:58:03] <marka> ted: isn't the info from the server?
[04:58:23] <marka> bernie: bi-directional in some cases
[04:59:02] <marka> relay needs to see removals
[05:00:21] <marka> Alain: what will be the prefix relallocation frequency?
[05:01:16] <marka> shane: space is not large
[05:01:41] <marka> R: can't release to lease expired
[05:02:07] <marka> Ted: client volunt releasing prefix.
[05:02:15] <marka> Not bad failure mode
[05:07:51] --- brabson has joined
[05:11:29] <marka> Alain: worried about bridging modem situation.
[05:11:29] <marka> ted: release/decline lost case only. router to ask server if prefixed released
[05:11:29] <marka> lots more for mailing list
[05:11:29] <marka> hankins: lots of use cases outside of routing protocols. Is the a start not a end? slipery slope?
[05:12:07] <marka> fred: client disappearing problem also falls into this space
[05:13:07] <marka> ralph: dhcp container option
[05:14:17] <marka> in some dhcp service deployment it it desriable to pass configuration options from a SP DHCP to CPE
[05:21:02] <marka> john: it's a bag of bits? special handling
[05:21:33] <marka> ralph: only syntax is needed not symantics.
[05:22:03] --- xiaodong has left: Disconnected.
[05:22:22] <marka> ted: how to handle options colissions?
[05:23:18] <marka> ralph: we need to address this
[05:23:51] <marka> bernie: how does the rg know which options to remove?
[05:24:51] <Brzozowski> only configuration information
[05:24:56] --- fparent@jabber.org has left: Replaced by new connection
[05:25:00] <marka> ralph: need to tighten wording on SP requirements
[05:25:25] --- Ric Pruss has joined
[05:26:10] <marka> Alain: athentication?
[05:27:45] <marka> Thomas: hierachical dhcp
[05:28:05] <marka> should this be generalised
[05:28:21] <marka> ralph: reasonable
[05:28:42] <Brzozowski> moving on now
[05:28:45] <Brzozowski> running over
[05:29:05] <Brzozowski> DHCPv6 Vendor-specific Message B. Volz 10 minutes <draft-volz-dhc-dhcpv6-vendor-message-00> Initial discussion
[05:29:17] --- dthaler has left
[05:29:59] --- dthaler has joined
[05:34:53] <marka> hankins: likes vendor specific sub options.
[05:35:46] <marka> thomas: what problem is this solving?
[05:36:09] <marka> bernie: failover is a example.
[05:36:24] <Brzozowski> vendor specific sub options does sounds like a good idea
[05:38:22] --- victorf has joined
[05:38:45] <marka> thomas: worried about vendors getting a blank cheque for extensions.
[05:39:30] <marka> ted: agrees with thomas. worried about non-interop
[05:40:37] <marka> hankins: we already are partially down this path.
[05:41:37] <marka> move to list to work out if wg item (also ralphs id)
[05:42:09] <marka> thomas: in wg scope but worried
[05:42:45] <marka> Dave; Principles of Internet Host Configuration
[05:43:17] <marka> pull vs push
[05:43:35] <marka> (push snmp)
[05:44:14] <marka> Minimise Configuration
[05:44:22] <marka> do you need a options?
[05:44:33] <marka> can you discover this?
[05:45:09] <marka> less is more
[05:46:06] <marka> good for embeded devives
[05:46:16] <marka> Diversity is not a benefit
[05:49:05] <marka> Lower Layer Independence
[05:49:43] <marka> Configuration is not Access Control
[05:52:20] <marka> Alain: bandwidth request?
[05:55:16] <marka> rick: 1st hop layer 2 enforcing a binding is strict access control.
[05:58:37] <marka> Reuse of General Purpose Mechanism
[06:03:45] <marka> questions?
[06:04:13] <marka> what is a on-link device ?
[06:04:30] <marka> answer: doesn't decrement ttl
[06:04:59] <marka> What is target audience?
[06:05:25] <marka> general (IAB?) definitely not dhc wg doc
[06:06:19] <marka> internet area mailing list for discussion
[06:06:50] <marka> Ric: Auth ext for dhcp
[06:09:29] <marka> option 82 not sufficient
[06:11:31] --- xiaodong has joined
[06:12:36] --- xiaodong has left
[06:13:50] <marka> questions:
[06:14:12] <marka> ted: rfc1318 nore suffient why?
[06:14:35] <marka> ric: requires pre disposition of keys
[06:16:32] <venaas> 3118
[06:18:26] <marka> ted: why the change of state machine?
[06:18:43] <marka> can't the user and domain in discover?
[06:19:00] <marka> can't this be piggy backed
[06:19:19] <marka> ralph: worried about spoofing address assignment.
[06:22:34] <marka> Mark Townsly: athentical configuration completed before so that aaa options can be fetched
[06:24:26] <marka> aaa don't release info until auth passwd
[06:24:36] <marka> passed
[06:25:16] <marka> Ralph: does the auth have to be done inside dhcp?
[06:25:48] --- brabson has left
[06:25:49] <marka> once the answer is yes then dhc can eng solution/
[06:30:51] --- psavola has left
[06:32:47] <shane> 4 commentators left
[06:33:38] <shane> 3
[06:35:28] --- venaas has left
[06:36:14] <shane> 2
[06:37:40] <shane> 1
[06:38:24] --- amy_zhao has left
[06:38:32] --- rhe has left
[06:38:55] --- behcet.sarikaya has left
[06:39:14] --- Ric Pruss has left
[06:39:36] --- tsavo_work@jabber.org/Meebo has left
[06:39:48] --- raj has left
[06:40:33] --- Brzozowski has left
[06:40:39] --- shane has left
[06:42:12] --- victorf has left
[06:44:43] --- woj has left
[06:44:53] --- joshlitt has left
[06:46:01] --- mstenber has left
[06:50:51] --- miyahiro has left
[06:52:07] --- marka has left
[06:58:03] --- dthaler has left
[06:58:44] --- dthaler has joined
[07:01:34] --- woj has joined
[07:03:33] --- woj has left: Replaced by new connection
[07:31:20] --- dthaler has left
[07:36:55] --- aalain has left
[07:53:34] --- marka has joined
[07:53:35] --- marka has left
[08:49:32] --- joonhyung.lim has left
[09:11:51] --- joonhyung.lim has joined
[09:45:36] --- joonhyung.lim has left
[10:42:12] --- LOGGING STARTED
[11:31:41] --- joonhyung.lim has joined
[14:27:47] --- joonhyung.lim has left