IETF
eppext
eppext@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, March 6, 2014< ^ >
Antoin has set the subject to: EPPEXT WG
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[11:00:18] antoin joins the room
[11:17:08] antoin joins the room
[11:17:18] antoin leaves the room
[11:41:03] antoin joins the room
[11:41:22] antoin leaves the room
[12:03:41] antoin leaves the room
[12:28:30] antoin joins the room
[12:28:31] James Gould joins the room
[12:32:05] James Gould leaves the room
[12:32:11] antoin joins the room
[12:32:28] antoin leaves the room
[12:58:22] James Gould joins the room
[14:31:00] antoin joins the room
[14:31:20] antoin leaves the room
[14:42:49] antoin joins the room
[14:43:06] antoin leaves the room
[15:32:41] antoin leaves the room
[16:07:19] antoin joins the room
[16:23:59] Dan York joins the room
[16:32:48] antoin leaves the room
[16:52:14] Dan York leaves the room
[16:53:16] <James Gould> I have some feedback for draft-ietf-eppext-idnmap when we get there.  I will post the complete set of comments to the eppext list.
[16:54:56] <James Gould> I recommend support for an extension to the info command (e.g. empty <idn:info> element) to have the client explicitly specify the desire to get the additional idn information in the response.
[16:54:59] elewis joins the room
[16:58:10] <James Gould> Support a separate client specified language or lexicon element along with the server determined table element, where a client may specify a language that does not actually match the actual IDN table or script table detected by the server.  The table element should be fully defined in the draft and hopefully would somehow map up to the tables posted to IANA by the registry.  
[16:59:20] Ning Kong joins the room
[16:59:32] <James Gould> If there is a client specified language / lexicon, then the command extension would have a specific element like <idn:create> that takes the language and uname along with an extension to the command response that includes the language, table, and uname.  
[17:01:53] <James Gould> So in summary I recommend have an extension to the info command (empty <idn:info>) element, an extension to the info response (<idn:infData> containing the language, table, and optionally the uname), an extension to create (<idn:create> containing the language and optionally the uname), and an extension to the create response (<idn:creData> containing the language, the table, and optionally the uname).  
[17:02:38] sharonnino joins the room
[17:02:39] Dan York joins the room
[17:03:35] Frederico A C Neves joins the room
[17:03:35] jelte joins the room
[17:03:38] <jelte> hi
[17:03:48] <jelte> i'll be your jabber scribe for this meeting
[17:04:04] <jelte> if you need me to relay anything to the mic, prepend relay: to it
[17:04:06] Marco Davids joins the room
[17:04:12] <jelte> Agenda on screen
[17:04:13] yoshiro.yoneya joins the room
[17:04:22] resnick joins the room
[17:04:31] <jelte> agendabashing now
[17:05:11] <Marco Davids> meeting materials at: https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/89/materials.html
[17:05:21] <jelte> eppext-idnmap discussion is dropped since the authors are not here
[17:05:26] <jelte> no other bashes
[17:05:52] <jelte> EPPEXT charter
[17:06:35] shollenbeck joins the room
[17:07:56] <jelte> next up: draft-ietf-eppext-reg, Scott Hollenbeck
[17:09:02] <jelte> slide 1: background
[17:09:47] <jelte> slide2: current proposal for entries
[17:10:45] <jelte> slide 3: question for discussion
[17:11:36] <jelte> pete resnick on the mic
[17:12:23] <jelte> alex mayhofer (?) on the mic
[17:13:08] <jelte> resnick again
[17:14:51] <jelte> jim replying without a hat
[17:15:46] <jelte> pete responding
[17:17:12] <James Gould> I believe that you want to support posting / registering of the extensions that have specifications (RFC or not) where there is no concept registering only one like extension on a first-come-first-serve basis.  
[17:17:46] Dan York leaves the room
[17:17:47] <James Gould> We want to identify overlap that could result in collaborating on an RFC implementation.
[17:18:16] <jelte> chris wright at mic
[17:19:12] <jelte> (scribe hat off) rfc requires seems way overkill for me, and contrary to goals in fact (it'll slow extension registration)
[17:20:12] <James Gould> We don't want to make it too hard to register the custom extensions that exist and that are being implemented.
[17:20:21] <jelte> frederico on mic
[17:21:47] <jelte> alex on mic
[17:22:23] <jelte> antoin (no hat)
[17:22:37] Frederico A C Neves leaves the room
[17:23:13] <jelte> james mitchell on mic
[17:25:09] <jelte> crhis wright again
[17:25:26] <jelte> pete resnick guessing about appeal resolution
[17:26:28] <jelte> people queuing up now
[17:26:35] <jelte> alex with short comment
[17:26:43] <jelte> frederico
[17:27:22] <jelte> chair summarizing into a question
[17:28:16] <jelte> no objections to characterization
[17:28:27] <jelte> pete resnick again
[17:30:03] <jelte> chris again
[17:33:07] <jelte> antoin (no hat)
[17:33:37] <jelte> gavin brown on mic
[17:34:56] <jelte> pete
[17:35:38] Dan York joins the room
[17:35:49] <jelte> jim galvin no hat
[17:37:20] <jelte> jim with hat summarizing sense of the room
[17:38:01] <jelte> chris wright on mic
[17:38:15] Frederico A C Neves joins the room
[17:39:00] <James Gould> Providing feedback from the expert group would be useful.
[17:39:20] <jelte> sense of room: we should have registry, with technically complete specifications
[17:39:29] <jelte> humming now
[17:39:34] <jelte> lots in favour
[17:39:36] <jelte> none opposed
[17:39:48] <James Gould> I agree
[17:40:01] <jelte> pete resnick at mic
[17:40:40] <James Gould> I would create the specification first to register
[17:41:34] <jelte> (reminder if i need to relay something, please prepend with relay: , or followup with ^relay^)
[17:42:13] <jelte> details will be taken to the list
[17:42:18] <James Gould> Thanks for the reminder, I didn't know the protocol.  
[17:43:00] <jelte> yeah sometimes there's a lot of side discussion in these rooms
[17:43:12] <jelte> so the default is not to relay to the mic :)
[17:43:37] <James Gould> relay: Yes, a specification should be created first to register it.  
[17:44:34] <jelte> next up: miek gieben presenting keyrelay
[17:45:00] <jelte> Slide 1: 'EPP keyrelay'
[17:46:54] Gavin Brown joins the room
[17:47:20] <jelte> no objections so far
[17:47:24] <jelte> scott hollenbeck on mic
[17:48:33] <jelte> gavin brown on mic, asking about security considerations
[17:48:55] <jelte> dan york to mic
[17:49:14] <jelte> passes to chris wright
[17:49:35] <jelte> antoin no hat
[17:49:46] <jelte> pete
[17:51:21] <jelte> queue forming again, next is james mitchell, then dan york again
[17:53:26] <James Gould> relay: I'm curious why draft-ietf-eppext-keyrelay is a protocol extension and not a object extension (mapping)?  
[17:53:58] <jelte> (in line now)
[17:54:22] Marco Davids leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[17:54:39] Marco Davids joins the room
[17:55:28] <James Gould> relay: You can add that this could also be a command, response extension of domain.
[17:55:34] <jelte> pete responding
[17:56:20] <jelte> chris again
[17:56:34] <jelte> (relay is next)
[18:00:05] <jelte> dan york on mic
[18:01:31] Dan York leaves the room
[18:01:52] <James Gould> relay: I have not looked at implementing this as well, but I believe that it really falls best as a command, response extension of domain.  If it needs to be made more generic than it can be created as a "relay" or "key relay" object mapping.  I know that relay is a verb, but it could be defined as an object.  
[18:02:10] <Marco Davids> http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6982
[18:02:30] Dan York joins the room
[18:02:37] <jelte> long one :p
[18:02:42] <James Gould> Thanks!
[18:02:57] <jelte> fell into 'reading from text voice' :)
[18:03:00] <jelte> np
[18:03:16] <jelte> patrik wallstom at mic
[18:03:22] <jelte> +r
[18:03:46] <jelte> pete again
[18:04:29] Dan York leaves the room
[18:05:20] <jelte> jim wrapping up this particular discussion
[18:05:38] <jelte> with some additional comments
[18:06:01] James Gould leaves the room
[18:06:13] <jelte> co-chair telling other co-chair to send text
[18:06:39] <jelte> next up: launch phase (gavin brown)
[18:07:09] <jelte> slide 1: background
[18:07:48] <jelte> slide 2: background
[18:07:56] James Gould joins the room
[18:09:08] <jelte> slide 3: outstanding issues
[18:09:24] <jelte> slide 4: (big diagram)
[18:10:30] <jelte> (back to slide 3)
[18:11:57] <jelte> alex to the mic
[18:13:30] <James Gould> relay: The downside is that a custom extension would be required if it was handled via EPP.
[18:13:55] <jelte> chris wright
[18:13:57] <James Gould> relay: It could be handled outside of EPP
[18:16:53] <jelte> slide 5: outstanding issue 2
[18:17:43] <jelte> alex again
[18:18:51] <jelte> slide 6: known server implementations
[18:18:52] <James Gould> relay: the name could be used to define a new phase or could be used to define a sub-phase of an existing phase
[18:19:32] <sharonnino> relay: Neustar is also using this extension (Sharon Wodjenski)
[18:20:15] <jelte> woohoo, relayed someone else :)
[18:20:27] <sharonnino> :-) thank you
[18:20:31] <Frederico A C Neves> .br registry is using it
[18:20:49] <jelte> i'm not relaying you :p
[18:20:58] <jelte> next up: tmch doc
[18:21:09] <jelte> (gustavo lozano)
[18:21:25] <jelte> slide 1: what is a SMD?
[18:21:54] <jelte> slide 2: what is a SMD?
[18:22:24] <jelte> slide 3: Verifying an SMD
[18:23:18] <jelte> slide 4: Verifying an SMD
[18:24:03] <jelte> slide 5: Status of the draft
[18:24:57] <jelte> slide 6: questions?
[18:25:01] <jelte> gavin brown on mic
[18:26:23] <James Gould> relay: Are there any expected changes to support a Qualified Launch Program SMD?
[18:27:04] <jelte> chris wright on mic
[18:27:42] <jelte> scott hollenbeck
[18:30:16] <James Gould> relay: bumping the namespace will cause large implementation issues
[18:32:10] <jelte> that concludes this meeting
[18:32:13] <jelte> thank you all
[18:32:15] Ning Kong leaves the room
[18:32:15] yoshiro.yoneya leaves the room
[18:32:16] <shollenbeck> Thanks, all!
[18:32:18] Gavin Brown leaves the room
[18:32:19] <jelte> thank me too ;)
[18:32:20] shollenbeck leaves the room
[18:32:21] Frederico A C Neves leaves the room
[18:33:07] <James Gould> Thanks jelte for all of the relaying :-)
[18:33:19] resnick leaves the room
[18:34:01] sharonnino leaves the room
[18:34:22] Marco Davids leaves the room
[18:34:23] James Gould leaves the room
[18:35:38] jelte.jansen joins the room
[18:36:58] jelte.jansen joins the room
[18:36:58] jelte.jansen leaves the room
[18:38:13] elewis leaves the room
[18:38:31] jelte leaves the room
[18:39:13] Dan York joins the room
[18:39:32] Dan York leaves the room
[18:40:13] Marco Davids joins the room
[18:41:21] Marco Davids leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[18:41:38] Marco Davids joins the room
[18:43:14] Frederico A C Neves joins the room
[18:43:32] Frederico A C Neves leaves the room
[18:44:29] Marco Davids leaves the room
[19:43:31] jelte.jansen leaves the room
[22:25:50] Ning Kong joins the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!