IETF
eppext
eppext@jabber.ietf.org
Wednesday, July 22, 2015< ^ >
Antoin has set the subject to: EPPEXT WG
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[08:10:39] Antoin joins the room
[08:29:40] Antoin leaves the room
[08:29:50] Antoin joins the room
[08:31:08] Antoin leaves the room
[08:32:38] Antoin joins the room
[08:33:11] Antoin leaves the room
[12:14:59] Antoin joins the room
[12:26:57] Antoin leaves the room
[12:28:58] Antoin joins the room
[12:45:00] Antoin leaves the room
[13:15:06] Yao joins the room
[13:15:17] Yao leaves the room
[14:09:27] James Gould joins the room
[14:50:45] Antoin joins the room
[14:55:23] Antoin leaves the room
[14:58:59] Antoin joins the room
[15:08:01] <Antoin> IETF93
[15:27:06] James Gould leaves the room
[15:29:00] Meetecho joins the room
[15:34:50] Barry Leiba joins the room
[15:36:08] Patrik Wallstrom joins the room
[15:36:47] James Gould joins the room
[15:37:28] Simon Romano joins the room
[15:37:40] Yoshiro Yoneya joins the room
[15:40:16] naptee joins the room
[15:40:29] naptee leaves the room
[15:40:31] Yao joins the room
[15:40:40] naptee joins the room
[15:40:46] tongfeng zhang joins the room
[15:41:40] shollenbeck joins the room
[15:42:14] <shollenbeck> I will be your jabber scribe. Please preface any comments that you wish to have taken to the mic with "mic:"
[15:42:26] <shollenbeck> The meeting is starting now
[15:42:31] Russ Mundy joins the room
[15:42:46] Linlin Zhou joins the room
[15:42:47] <shollenbeck> Antoin is describing the agenda
[15:42:51] <shollenbeck> Note well
[15:43:19] <shollenbeck> Review of existing document status
[15:43:26] <shollenbeck> 4 drafts
[15:43:45] <shollenbeck> draft-ietf-eppext-idnmap; expired
[15:44:07] <shollenbeck> draft-ietf-eppext-launchphase; in wg last call
[15:44:44] marco@nl joins the room
[15:45:09] <James Gould> I would like to say that I support this document assuming that draft-gould-idn-table is included in the next milestone of drafts
[15:45:11] Jacques Latour joins the room
[15:45:16] Jim Galvin joins the room
[15:45:21] <shollenbeck> draft-ietf-eppext-tmch-smd; also in wg last call
[15:45:46] <James Gould> The draft is complete and your feedback (Scott) will be addressed
[15:47:17] <James Gould> It describes the flow for claims
[15:47:38] <James Gould> The reference is pretty extensive and the protocol should not duplicate it
[15:47:57] Shoji Noguchi joins the room
[15:48:36] ogud@jabber.org joins the room
[15:49:15] <shollenbeck> Barry: some rethinking may be needed if the expired I-D is really a normative reference
[15:49:20] <James Gould> We could include some context in the launchphase draft to remove the reference if needed
[15:49:40] Guangqing Deng joins the room
[15:49:53] ogud@jabber.org leaves the room
[15:49:56] ogud@jabber.org joins the room
[15:50:26] <James Gould> Mic: We could include some context in the launchphase draft to remove the reference if needed
[15:50:42] <shollenbeck> Jim: we still need document shepherds
[15:51:40] <shollenbeck> Jim is trying to twist Ning Kong's arm...
[15:52:14] <shollenbeck> No volunteers, then chairs get to do it by default
[15:52:31] <shollenbeck> Ning says he would like to try
[15:53:01] <shollenbeck> draft-ietf-eppext-keyrelay
[15:53:10] <shollenbeck> Rik Ribbers presenting...
[15:53:40] <shollenbeck> Picture of bar that inspired key relay...
[15:53:50] <Jacques Latour> cam you move the camera?
[15:54:50] <Jacques Latour> Merci!
[15:55:01] <shollenbeck> Welcome
[15:55:11] <marco@nl> hi Jacques ;-)
[15:56:40] Ulrich Wisser joins the room
[15:56:53] <shollenbeck> Description of problem statement
[15:57:00] Ulrich Wisser leaves the room
[15:57:02] <shollenbeck> Description of transfers in .nl
[15:57:41] <shollenbeck> Chart showing transfers in .nl from Jan-Jun 2015
[15:58:09] <shollenbeck> 56% of zone is secure, but 60% of transfers are insescure
[15:59:58] Frederico A C Neves joins the room
[16:02:06] <shollenbeck> Description of recent changes to the document...
[16:02:26] <shollenbeck> and reviews
[16:03:33] <shollenbeck> Description of next steps, including update of current implementation
[16:04:32] <shollenbeck> is there interest in a generic relay concept for EPP?
[16:04:55] <shollenbeck> Questions?
[16:07:54] Alex Mayrhofer joins the room
[16:08:29] <James Gould> mic: Yes it is ready, I do not have an issue with the makeup of the draft now.  We just need to increase the usage of DNSSEC to drive the adoption of this extension.  
[16:09:00] <Jacques Latour> relay: It's going to be a very difficult sell to .CA registrar, not sure how well it will accepted by registrars
[16:09:09] <marco@nl> or the other way around, James
[16:09:33] <Jacques Latour> relay:  not planned for .CA
[16:09:34] <James Gould> mic: We will first implement it in the Verisign EPP SDK as a starting point.
[16:10:21] <shollenbeck> Jim Galvin: we'll move the document to WG last call
[16:10:31] <Russ Mundy> clap, clap
[16:10:55] Patrik Wallstrom leaves the room
[16:11:03] <shollenbeck> next topic: proposed new WG charter
[16:11:59] <shollenbeck> Jim Galvin: addressing comments to shorten the intro; we'll try
[16:12:42] <shollenbeck> Milestones: we'll include those when we're ready to move the charter forward
[16:17:18] <shollenbeck> Jim and Barry: we'll start moving the new charter text forward
[16:17:25] Jacques Latour leaves the room
[16:18:00] Jacques Latour joins the room
[16:18:30] Guangqing Deng leaves the room
[16:19:00] Barry Leiba leaves the room
[16:19:07] Barry Leiba joins the room
[16:19:52] naptee leaves the room
[16:19:56] <shollenbeck> Next topic: possible documents
[16:20:41] <shollenbeck> Ning Kong on Reseller proposals...
[16:21:39] Shoji Noguchi leaves the room: Replaced by new connection
[16:21:40] Shoji Noguchi joins the room
[16:21:53] <Russ Mundy> audio is very low and not understandable
[16:22:07] <Russ Mundy> better - thanks
[16:22:14] <tongfeng zhang> so much better now.
[16:24:12] Hugo Kobayashi joins the room
[16:24:53] ogud@jabber.org leaves the room
[16:26:44] <shollenbeck> Two drafts: reseller mapping (a new object) and a reseller extension for other objects
[16:28:11] ogud@jabber.org joins the room
[16:28:22] <shollenbeck> Reseller extension depends on the reseller mapping
[16:31:17] <shollenbeck> Call for WG interest...
[16:31:24] <James Gould> mic: Part of the need for this extension will be driven on the requirement of whether reseller information needs to be included in Whois / RDAP.
[16:33:23] <James Gould> mic: The Reseller is an organization that has contacts and is not a contact itself.
[16:34:20] <ogud@jabber.org> James another omission in the registration model :-)
[16:34:49] naptee joins the room
[16:35:17] <shollenbeck> 8 more documents listed as possible candidates
[16:35:52] <James Gould> mic:     draft-gould-epp-rdap-status-mapping is not applicable for the EPPEXT WG since it’s not an EPP extension and is more of an RDAP draft, but I would love feedback.
[16:36:25] <James Gould> mic:     draft-gould-idn-table was created to go along and address an issue with the idnmap extension.
[16:36:59] naptee joins the room
[16:37:30] naptee leaves the room
[16:38:09] <Jacques Latour> relay: cira-idn, it's meant to be a reference for the epp registry, informational?
[16:38:24] <James Gould> mic: I request that draft-gould-idn-table, draft-gould-change-poll, draft-gould-allocation-token be included in that priority order.
[16:38:51] <James Gould> mic: The IDN Table does not define the code points, so there is no overlap.
[16:40:35] <James Gould> mic: +1 on draft-brown-epp-fees
[16:40:46] Barry Leiba leaves the room
[16:40:53] Barry Leiba joins the room
[16:41:19] <Barry Leiba> I don't think we need to "mic" the +1.
[16:41:31] <James Gould> mic: We have a custom bundling extension that may be of interest for discussion.
[16:41:42] <Yao> "mic:" about draft-kong-eppext-bundling-registration-01, with more new gTLD appear in the root and more IDNs
registered, many of these names need the bundling
registration. So EPP should create an extention for
bundling domain name registration.
[16:45:44] David Conrad joins the room
[16:46:09] David Conrad leaves the room
[16:47:14] <Yoshiro Yoneya> @James: draft-davies-idntables defines some meta data such as language tag and version number, so I think they will overlap with draft-gould-idn-table.
[16:48:40] <shollenbeck> Next topic: Stockholm EPP workshop
[16:49:09] <shollenbeck> Workshop was hosted by IIS (formerly .se) in early June
[16:49:25] <shollenbeck> 40 participants
[16:49:31] <James Gould> Yes, we had a discussion with Kim Davies and others at the ROW meeting in Dallas.  We removed the code points from the draft to remove the direct overlap, but we left some meta-data elements for reference purposes.  
[16:49:54] Rik Ribbers joins the room
[16:50:56] Hugo Kobayashi leaves the room
[16:59:53] ogud@jabber.org leaves the room
[17:02:49] naptee leaves the room
[17:03:05] ogud@jabber.org joins the room
[17:03:45] <shollenbeck> Any other business? That's the end of the formal agenda...
[17:04:13] <shollenbeck> Expectation to meet in Yokohama
[17:04:34] <shollenbeck> All done - thanks.
[17:04:40] shollenbeck leaves the room
[17:04:41] Rik Ribbers leaves the room
[17:04:41] marco@nl leaves the room
[17:04:41] tongfeng zhang leaves the room
[17:04:44] Yoshiro Yoneya leaves the room
[17:04:45] Jacques Latour leaves the room
[17:05:08] James Gould leaves the room
[17:05:13] Linlin Zhou leaves the room
[17:05:13] Russ Mundy leaves the room
[17:05:18] Frederico A C Neves leaves the room
[17:05:24] ogud@jabber.org leaves the room
[17:05:32] Shoji Noguchi leaves the room
[17:05:45] Barry Leiba leaves the room
[17:07:45] Yao leaves the room
[17:07:49] Alex Mayrhofer leaves the room
[17:13:29] Jim Galvin leaves the room
[17:17:13] Meetecho leaves the room
[17:17:24] Antoin leaves the room
[17:56:10] ogud@jabber.org joins the room
[18:00:54] ogud@jabber.org leaves the room
[18:02:11] Simon Romano leaves the room
[18:31:16] Barry Leiba joins the room
[18:33:28] Barry Leiba leaves the room
[19:31:42] ogud@jabber.org joins the room
[20:00:46] ogud@jabber.org leaves the room
[21:27:40] Frederico A C Neves joins the room
[21:46:46] Frederico A C Neves leaves the room
[21:46:58] Rik Ribbers joins the room
[21:58:33] Antoin joins the room
[22:14:35] Rik Ribbers leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!