IETF
extra
extra@jabber.ietf.org
Monday, March 25, 2019< ^ >
healthyao2000 has set the subject to: IETF 103 Extra WG
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[08:30:58] healthyao2000 joins the room
[08:31:03] healthyao2000 leaves the room
[08:31:25] healthyao2000 joins the room
[08:31:54] healthyao2000 has set the subject to: IETF 104 Extra WG
[08:32:59] healthyao2000 leaves the room
[11:14:17] brong joins the room
[11:34:01] brong leaves the room
[12:37:12] Meetecho joins the room
[12:37:17] VirtualQueue_OpO0ErIg joins the room
[12:40:01] healthyao2000 joins the room
[12:40:48] brong joins the room
[12:43:40] <healthyao2000> meeting will begin in a few minutes
[12:46:40] Timo Sirainen joins the room
[12:47:01] Tobia Castaldi joins the room
[12:47:13] Robert Stepanek joins the room
[12:47:17] Teemu Huovila joins the room
[12:47:25] Tobia Castaldi leaves the room
[12:47:48] Ken Murchison joins the room
[12:50:09] <healthyao2000> meeting bigins
[12:50:41] <healthyao2000> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/104/materials/slides-104-extra-sessa-chair-slides-session1-01
[12:50:58] Fenton joins the room
[12:51:35] <Fenton> *barry waves
[12:51:46] Neil Jenkins joins the room
[12:51:55] <healthyao2000> barry is the new AD for extra wg
[12:53:03] Ricardo Signes joins the room
[12:53:14] <healthyao2000> now submission-token draft

[12:54:29] <healthyao2000> Michael M. Slusarz is introduces this draft
[12:54:39] <healthyao2000> introducing
[12:58:20] <healthyao2000> https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-slusarz-extra-smtp-submission-token-00
[12:58:58] Stephan Bosch joins the room
[13:03:28] Ned Freed joins the room
[13:04:08] <healthyao2000> Alexey is speaking: what is the purpose of the token?
[13:04:21] Ned Freed leaves the room
[13:04:24] Ned Freed joins the room
[13:04:37] Fenton leaves the room
[13:05:07] <healthyao2000> Neil is speaking from the remote
[13:06:39] <healthyao2000> Pete is speaking
[13:08:35] Ned Freed leaves the room
[13:08:39] Ned Freed joins the room
[13:09:51] Ned Freed leaves the room
[13:10:31] Stephan Bosch leaves the room
[13:11:03] Ned Freed joins the room
[13:11:09] <brong> Neil: I'll bring you back in again after Jim
[13:11:16] <Neil Jenkins> Thanks
[13:11:46] Ned Freed leaves the room
[13:11:49] Ned Freed joins the room
[13:12:14] Ricardo Signes leaves the room
[13:12:16] Ricardo Signes joins the room
[13:13:17] Ned Freed leaves the room
[13:14:10] Ned Freed joins the room
[13:14:20] <healthyao2000> Neil is speaking from the remote
[13:14:55] Fenton joins the room
[13:16:08] Stephan Bosch joins the room
[13:17:34] <healthyao2000> Barry is speaking
[13:18:09] <Ned Freed> Spam filtering is done in the cloud in a variety of ways.
[13:18:31] <Ned Freed> A full-on SMTP hop is only one of the ways. SMTP proxies are another, and so is milter.
[13:19:25] <Ned Freed> That said, what I see in typical corporate setups involves a bunch of internal hops. We try and drive the number of hops down in our deployments, but customers are surprisingly resistant to making the necessary changes.
[13:19:32] <healthyao2000> if want to your words to Mic, pls use [Mic] before your words
[13:19:33] <Ned Freed> Even when they save $$$ by doing so.
[13:20:23] <Ned Freed> [Mic] then, I guess.
[13:21:33] <healthyao2000> Pete is speaking
[13:24:29] <healthyao2000> Barry is speaking
[13:25:54] <Ned Freed> [Mic] You are all rearranging the deck chairs.
[13:26:02] <Ned Freed> The protocol Does. Not. Matter.
[13:26:21] <brong> Ned: will throw this up in a sec
[13:27:01] <Ned Freed> Completely disagree.
[13:28:40] <healthyao2000> Chris is speaking
[13:28:59] <Neil Jenkins> [Mic] I agree with Pete: there's perhaps value in just a token to say to the SMTP server "give this priority", which the server can decide what to do with.
[13:29:27] <Neil Jenkins> The pipeline remains the same (or maybe different internally, but it's up to the recipient)
[13:29:46] <brong> The issue here is that the source SMTP server doesn't know if the token is valid, so this could be abused
[13:29:58] <Neil Jenkins> It's not the source, it's the destination SMTP server
[13:30:25] <brong> source needs to decide whether to prioritise it ahead of existing queue to that destination of non-chat messages
[13:30:57] <Ned Freed> [Mic] Drilling down past all the details, the essential characteristics of this proposal appear to be that the message ends up in the "email" message store and that the client knows the message got there. Correct?
[13:31:33] <Ned Freed> Thanks.
[13:32:08] <healthyao2000> Alexey is speaking
[13:33:38] <healthyao2000> Barry thinks that it is interesting discussion
[13:34:02] <Ned Freed> Suggestion: As someone who has to use Slack - and its crap client - I fully understand why you might want to avoid creating another mailbox for chat. But I think the draft needs to talk about why *you* think this is important.
[13:34:08] <healthyao2000> now Recharter discussion
[13:36:03] <healthyao2000> https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/extra/about/
[13:37:52] <Ned Freed> [Mic] Does the update of RFC5321 need to be coupled to the update of RFC5322/MIME? Yes, there are a few interdependencies, but can't those be managed?
[13:37:53] <Stephan Bosch> I may get around to finally submitting a Sieve EAI draft in the next few months.
[13:38:12] <Ned Freed> Stephan - that would be good.
[13:38:21] <brong> thank Stephan
[13:38:42] <brong> Ned, will say that in a moment
[13:41:05] <Ned Freed> Stephan - I've avoided doing any work in the EAI/Sieve sphere mostly because it's been difficult enough to get people to deploy EAI, let alone deal with it in Sieve.
[13:41:39] <healthyao2000> https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/104/materials/slides-104-extra-sessa-imap-quota-slides-00
[13:41:53] <healthyao2000> now IMAP4 QUOTA draft
[13:42:01] <healthyao2000> Alexey is speaking
[13:48:02] <Ken Murchison> I would co-author is needed
[13:48:21] <Ken Murchison> if
[13:48:47] <healthyao2000> Michael M. Slusarz raise his hand, supposed to be co-editor of this document
[13:48:56] <Ken Murchison> cool
[13:49:38] <healthyao2000> chris is speaking
[13:50:42] <Ken Murchison> brong: do we need to disconnect and reconnect via the JMAP meetecho link?
[13:50:48] <brong> I don't know!
[13:50:54] <brong> I'm just starting up the jmap room now!
[13:51:05] <brong> looks like yes
[13:51:26] <Ken Murchison> will do as soon as you say this session is done
[13:51:57] <brong> Meetecho: how do we trigger the cutover?
[13:52:18] <healthyao2000> meeting adjourns.
[13:52:23] <healthyao2000> for extra WG
[13:52:29] <Meetecho> We'll close the room here, and start the other one
[13:52:32] Teemu Huovila leaves the room
[13:52:33] <Meetecho> We'll need a minute or two for that
[13:53:08] Ken Murchison leaves the room
[13:53:09] Ricardo Signes leaves the room
[13:53:09] Timo Sirainen leaves the room
[13:53:09] Stephan Bosch leaves the room
[13:53:09] Ned Freed leaves the room
[13:53:09] Robert Stepanek leaves the room
[13:53:09] Neil Jenkins leaves the room
[13:53:31] Fenton leaves the room
[13:53:32] VirtualQueue_OpO0ErIg leaves the room
[13:54:18] brong leaves the room
[13:54:48] Meetecho leaves the room
[14:22:07] healthyao2000 leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!