IETF
ice@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, April 7, 2016< ^ >
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[16:46:55] akeranen joins the room
[16:53:40] Meetecho joins the room
[16:59:03] Taylor Brandstetter joins the room
[17:00:31] Varun Singh joins the room
[17:01:10] Yoshimasa Iwase joins the room
[17:01:41] <Varun Singh> where's all the ICE
[17:02:20] Paul Kyzivat joins the room
[17:03:08] Yoshimasa Iwase_ joins the room
[17:03:13] Yoshimasa Iwase leaves the room
[17:03:15] Brian Rosen joins the room
[17:03:49] Victor Pascual joins the room
[17:04:00] <Brian Rosen> I will be the jabber scribe for IETF95 ice meeting.  Please preface a comment you would like relayed to the room with mic:
[17:04:28] <Victor Pascual> Thank you Brian
[17:05:35] Maire Reavy joins the room
[17:06:39] Victor Pascual leaves the room
[17:07:58] Emil Ivov joins the room
[17:08:30] georg joins the room
[17:08:59] Victor Pascual joins the room
[17:09:40] Stephen Strowes joins the room
[17:10:09] RISHABH JAIN joins the room
[17:10:28] <Varun Singh> mic: it was in 2007
[17:10:44] <Varun Singh> was replaced with a guidance RFC
[17:11:36] Victor_Pascual joins the room
[17:11:59] Victor Pascual leaves the room
[17:12:00] <Varun Singh> https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6263
[17:12:56] <Varun Singh> i think the idea was rtp and rtcp will be muxed.
[17:12:58] <Varun Singh> The RECOMMENDED mechanism is that discussed in "RTCP Packets    Multiplexed with RTP Packets" (Section 4.3).  This mechanism is    desirable because it reduces the number of ports when RTP and RTCP    are used.  It also has the advantage of taking into account RTCP    aspects, which is not the case with other mechanisms.
[17:13:30] Ben Campbell joins the room
[17:13:49] hta joins the room
[17:13:51] <Varun Singh> it recommends 5 mechanisms
[17:14:01] <Varun Singh> or lists sorry not recommds
[17:14:10] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[17:14:26] CHANDAN KUKREJA joins the room
[17:15:00] kiran nagar joins the room
[17:16:49] Michael Froman joins the room
[17:16:57] Garima Pandey joins the room
[17:17:54] georg leaves the room
[17:17:55] <Garima Pandey> HUMMMM
[17:17:59] anjali goyal joins the room
[17:18:30] kiran nagar leaves the room
[17:22:09] Garima Pandey leaves the room
[17:28:29] <Varun Singh> mic: is there a reason not to make 20ms as a default?
[17:30:41] <Paul Kyzivat> Jonathan: I guess you are asserting that there is a minimum bandwidth where RTP is valid, while non-RTP might work with less. But aren't there cases where RTP could use quite small bandwidth? (E.g. T.140)
[17:31:57] <Jonathan Lennox> Paul: Hm, that's probably true. I guess I was thinking RTP with A/V. Tho even for that there are some very low-bandwidth codecs.
[17:34:46] <Emil Ivov> mic: there is no mention of 50 ms in 5245 today. It only exists there as a page number. 20 ms is hence sort of the de facto default as the current minimum. I agree with the reasons Cullen mentioned but they are probably already respected with 20ms. So -1 to introducing 50ms as a new default.
[17:35:31] <Emil Ivov> thanks brian
[17:36:24] mrinal das joins the room
[17:37:18] srishti sharma joins the room
[17:37:28] Bernard Aboba joins the room
[17:44:04] srishti sharma leaves the room
[17:47:14] Randell Jesup joins the room
[17:50:00] Maire Reavy leaves the room
[17:50:07] Maire Reavy joins the room
[17:50:36] <Randell Jesup> Hum keep different
[17:50:53] <Randell Jesup> Hum not keep, sorry
[17:51:08] <Randell Jesup> typo....
[17:51:19] <Emil Ivov> hum hum hum
[17:51:21] <Maire Reavy> hum - remove
[17:51:26] <Randell Jesup> hum for remove
[17:51:28] <Yoshimasa Iwase_> hum
[17:51:32] <Varun Singh> in favour for remove
[17:55:22] <Emil Ivov> hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm (for 5ms as a new min) hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
[17:55:27] <Varun Singh> hummmmm
[17:55:40] <Varun Singh> for 5 as min
[17:55:48] <Emil Ivov> negative hum
[17:55:56] <Emil Ivov> hum cancellation noise
[17:56:05] <Meetecho> :D
[18:01:02] surabhi kashyap joins the room
[18:02:35] <surabhi kashyap> hummmmm
[18:02:45] <surabhi kashyap> (Y)
[18:05:20] RISHABH JAIN leaves the room
[18:09:34] <Emil Ivov> mic: yes
[18:09:46] <Emil Ivov> (for Atlassian)
[18:09:50] <Varun Singh> mic: yes,
[18:10:12] <Varun Singh> if we could set it for other people :D
[18:10:28] <Varun Singh> (for callstats.io)
[18:10:34] Rahul Aggarwal joins the room
[18:10:44] <Emil Ivov> 2
[18:10:48] <Emil Ivov> come oon
[18:10:54] <Varun Singh> yeah
[18:11:37] <Emil Ivov> +1 for default == min
[18:11:40] surabhi kashyap leaves the room
[18:12:11] hta leaves the room
[18:12:13] <Varun Singh> why not?
[18:12:45] <Emil Ivov> i don't see any value that a default would give you.
[18:12:50] Rahul Aggarwal leaves the room
[18:13:29] <Emil Ivov> mic: should means "must unless". what is the "unless" here? unless you won't your application to be fast?
[18:14:11] <Varun Singh> mic: I think configuration always overrides default
[18:14:25] <Emil Ivov> mic: all these cases means you are setting your own value. this is no longer a default
[18:15:04] <Emil Ivov> chrome already does 50 :)
[18:15:09] surabhi kashyap joins the room
[18:16:01] <surabhi kashyap> hummmmm
[18:16:24] <Brian Rosen> why?
[18:16:34] <Emil Ivov> hummmmmm hum humn hu
[18:16:42] <Varun Singh> hum
[18:17:24] <Emil Ivov> buenos aires air seems to be affecting good common sense ;)
[18:17:57] <Emil Ivov> could not live ... as in ... they will commit suicide?
[18:18:06] surabhi kashyap leaves the room
[18:18:06] gg bb joins the room
[18:18:25] <Jonathan Lennox> Emil: as in, will ignore and/or not implement the spec.
[18:18:45] <Emil Ivov> yeah .. i think that's where we are going :)
[18:21:21] Randell Jesup leaves the room
[18:21:56] Paul Kyzivat leaves the room
[18:22:15] <Emil Ivov> mic: do chrome and firefox disable aggressive in the presence of unknown optinos?
[18:22:25] <Emil Ivov> *options
[18:22:32] Thomas Stach joins the room
[18:23:31] Taylor Brandstetter leaves the room
[18:23:36] Varun Singh leaves the room
[18:23:37] Michael Froman leaves the room
[18:23:55] Taylor Brandstetter joins the room
[18:23:55] Randell Jesup joins the room
[18:24:15] Varun Singh joins the room
[18:24:42] Emil Ivov leaves the room
[18:25:29] Emil Ivov joins the room
[18:26:05] Michael Froman joins the room
[18:26:22] <Emil Ivov> +1 for both
[18:26:42] <Emil Ivov> (is meetecho acting out for anyone else)
[18:27:05] Paul Kyzivat joins the room
[18:27:40] <Meetecho> Emil Ivov: loosing connectivity or videos freezing?
[18:27:49] <Emil Ivov> losing connectivity
[18:27:57] <Emil Ivov> and some of my jabber messages got resend
[18:27:57] anjali goyal leaves the room
[18:28:06] <Emil Ivov> maybe as a result of the refreshes
[18:28:11] <Meetecho> some users have experienced it, this week, possibly due to connectivity issues towards the servers here in Argentina
[18:28:52] <Randell Jesup> had to reload a few times.  Browser Console showed: Firefox can’t establish a connection to the server at wss://buenayrea.conf.meetecho.com/socket.io/?EIO=3&transport=websocket&sid=lXoWsTCqv42kkg0UAAAk.app.js:36846:31
[18:29:41] <Meetecho> that's the virtual queue server: if you joined as active participant and connecting to that component fails, it's likely you can't get in
[18:29:57] <Meetecho> not sure if it's occasional DNS failures or simply connectivity issues towards the server in the first place
[18:30:07] <Meetecho> on our end here everything seems fine
[18:31:45] <Randell Jesup> that might be when it failed to reconnect on first reload
[18:32:05] <Randell Jesup> console from the failure has scrolled out of window; I'll watch for another
[18:32:24] <Meetecho> tnx, feedback would help!
[18:32:41] <Randell Jesup> Whne I see red "Nework Error" I got MeetechoError sendmessage error:
[18:32:58] <Randell Jesup> that wasn't the total failure from before, and goes away
[18:33:06] <Emil Ivov> hum for doing both
[18:33:10] <Bernard Aboba> hummmmm
[18:33:13] <Randell Jesup> hum both
[18:33:15] <Maire Reavy> hum for both
[18:33:20] <Bernard Aboba> hum for both
[18:33:45] <Varun Singh> hummmmm
[18:34:35] <Jonathan Lennox> So when it comes to Frozen, we're going to Let It Go.
[18:34:51] <Ben Campbell> booo
[18:36:18] <Bernard Aboba> Yes, we should put this in RFC 5245bis.
[18:36:41] <Emil Ivov> +1 for option A and +1 for 5245bis
[18:36:44] <Brian Rosen> did you want me to say that at the mic
[18:37:14] hta joins the room
[18:37:50] Thomas Stach leaves the room
[18:37:54] <Jonathan Lennox> Emil: did you really mean A? C is the one the slide recommends.
[18:38:05] Thomas Stach joins the room
[18:38:09] <Bernard Aboba> mic:  In general, prflx clarification is a good thing.
[18:38:17] Randell Jesup leaves the room
[18:39:40] <Emil Ivov> Jonathan: yes i know but that's just because at the time it was the one the most aligned with 5245. I do like A better as it is simpler to implement
[18:40:32] mrinal das leaves the room
[18:40:34] Randell Jesup joins the room
[18:42:04] <Emil Ivov> mic: I sent a mail opposing peter's solution but I had missed the part about unfreezing when candidates arrive later. I agree with Jonathan Peter's is the best option
[18:43:36] <Emil Ivov> check list *is* per stream
[18:47:32] Taylor Brandstetter leaves the room
[18:48:08] Thomas Stach leaves the room
[18:48:56] <Emil Ivov> mic: if we accept Peter's solution, then we can definitely relax the requirement about trickling in the order of SDP
[18:50:25] <Emil Ivov> mic: yes to EKR's explanation
[18:55:23] gg bb leaves the room
[18:55:53] Bernard Aboba leaves the room
[18:56:31] <Emil Ivov> mic: i think everyone agrees with the fact this needs to be indicated. we can definitely state that in draft. the question is really about whether it should be in this draft. webrtc needs it but other things, like ORTC, don't need the SDP part at all
[18:57:56] Ben Campbell leaves the room
[18:58:21] <Brian Rosen> we are done
[18:59:10] <Varun Singh> cheers
[18:59:15] Maire Reavy leaves the room
[18:59:28] Meetecho leaves the room
[18:59:49] Victor_Pascual leaves the room
[18:59:50] Paul Kyzivat leaves the room
[18:59:50] Emil Ivov leaves the room
[18:59:51] Randell Jesup leaves the room
[18:59:52] CHANDAN KUKREJA leaves the room
[19:00:13] Michael Froman leaves the room
[19:00:13] Varun Singh leaves the room
[19:00:14] hta leaves the room
[19:00:16] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[19:00:18] Stephen Strowes leaves the room
[19:00:19] Yoshimasa Iwase_ leaves the room
[19:01:29] akeranen leaves the room
[19:10:01] hta joins the room
[19:11:16] Brian Rosen leaves the room
[19:19:33] Jonathan Lennox joins the room
[19:19:48] Jonathan Lennox leaves the room
[20:18:09] hta leaves the room
[20:30:26] hta joins the room
[20:47:14] hta leaves the room