IETF
ipwave
ipwave@jabber.ietf.org
Monday, July 16, 2018< ^ >
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[16:02:39] Alex Petrescu joins the room
[16:15:24] Alex Petrescu leaves the room
[17:16:55] aAwOKFHb joins the room
[17:17:37] meetecho joins the room
[17:25:08] Roger Carney joins the room
[17:25:13] Michelle Wetterwald joins the room
[17:25:13] Konan Montresor joins the room
[17:25:21] Lucien Castex joins the room
[17:31:16] <Konan Montresor> Hello Everyone,
[17:31:29] Russ Housley joins the room
[17:31:34] Valery Smyslov joins the room
[17:32:16] <Russ Housley> *** LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO TAKE MINUTES ***
[17:32:29] Dick Chen joins the room
[17:33:14] <Russ Housley> Thanks for Mike
[17:33:39] <Russ Housley> ** REMINDER of NOTE WELL **
[17:34:21] <Russ Housley> Agenda review:  https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/agenda-102-ipwave-00
[17:35:22] Valery Smyslov leaves the room
[17:35:33] Bilhanan Silverajan joins the room
[17:36:40] <Russ Housley> WG status:  https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/102/materials/slides-102-ipwave-chair-slides-00
[17:38:12] Lucien Castex leaves the room
[17:38:26] Valery Smyslov joins the room
[17:39:32] <Russ Housley> Next steps: Resolve issues raised in 6man review on IPv6 over 802.11 OCB document
[17:39:53] <Russ Housley> Once resolved, it will be ready for the IESG
[17:40:11] Hirochika Asai joins the room
[17:40:27] Lucien Castex joins the room
[17:40:47] <Russ Housley> We need review of the reworked survey & PS document.  It should guide any discussion of WG recharting
[17:41:55] <Russ Housley> ** draft-ietf-ipwave-ipv6-over-80211ocb-25.txt
[17:42:19] <Russ Housley> QoS Data is a MUST
[17:42:45] <Russ Housley> Clarified intro text to Ethernet Adaptation Layer
[17:42:52] Hirochika Asai leaves the room
[17:43:19] <Russ Housley> Neighbor Discovery text changes
[17:44:18] <Russ Housley> — this is an important point regarding the 6man review
[17:44:22] Valery Smyslov leaves the room
[17:45:44] Guangpeng Li joins the room
[17:45:58] Dick Chen leaves the room
[17:46:48] Lucien Castex leaves the room
[17:47:44] Valery Smyslov joins the room
[17:47:57] Yiwen (Chris) Shen joins the room
[17:50:00] Simon Pietro Romano joins the room
[17:50:40] <Russ Housley> Sri suggests removing the ND part, but other think something needs said here
[17:51:24] <Russ Housley> Can RFC 6775 be used here?
[17:53:15] <Russ Housley> be more specific about "802.11 links".  There is not just one other type of link.
[17:53:33] <Russ Housley> SLAAC text changes
[17:53:51] <Russ Housley> Editorial changes were addressed too
[17:55:53] <Russ Housley> Any implementation experience with ND that anyone can share?
[17:56:06] <Russ Housley> ** raft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-03
[17:56:26] <Russ Housley> ** draft-ietf-ipwave-vehicular-networking-03
[17:57:12] <Russ Housley> Reorganized the document to focus on the problem statement
[17:57:48] <Russ Housley> Key Items for IPWAVE Problem Statement
•  Neighbor Discovery
•  Mobility Management
•  Security and Privacy
[17:58:02] Alex Petrescu joins the room
[18:01:36] Dapeng Liu joins the room
[18:01:38] <Russ Housley> General Problems: Vehicular Network Architecture
[18:03:02] <Russ Housley> Problem Exploration
[18:03:51] <Russ Housley> IPv6 ND needs to be tailored for vehicular networking: V2V, V2I, and V2X
[18:06:09] <Russ Housley> Erik: IPv6 link model should be applied to WAVE without any need for changes
[18:07:22] <Russ Housley> Need to consider MAC address change
[18:08:07] <Russ Housley> Prefix Dissemination/Exchange
[18:08:28] <Russ Housley> Mobility Management
[18:09:16] <Russ Housley> GPS navigator-based trajectory can be used for proactive mobility management
[18:09:37] <Russ Housley> Security and Privacy
[18:11:53] Carl Kain joins the room
[18:11:56] <Russ Housley> Authors thing the document is near WG Last Call
[18:12:06] <Russ Housley> Chair: Need reviwers
[18:12:15] <Michelle Wetterwald> I can review the document (Michelle Wetterwald)
[18:12:34] <Russ Housley> Sri will do one
[18:12:55] <Russ Housley> Dick will do one
[18:14:54] <Russ Housley> Ronald will also do one
[18:15:15] <Michelle Wetterwald> Meeting is closed?
[18:15:18] <Russ Housley> ** Adjourn **
[18:15:28] Russ Housley leaves the room
[18:15:30] <Michelle Wetterwald> Thank you!
[18:15:48] Michelle Wetterwald leaves the room
[18:16:14] Carl Kain leaves the room
[18:17:55] meetecho leaves the room
[18:18:04] Yiwen (Chris) Shen leaves the room
[18:18:04] Roger Carney leaves the room
[18:18:04] Konan Montresor leaves the room
[18:18:04] Dapeng Liu leaves the room
[18:18:04] Bilhanan Silverajan leaves the room
[18:18:04] Guangpeng Li leaves the room
[18:18:04] Valery Smyslov leaves the room
[18:18:05] Simon Pietro Romano leaves the room
[18:47:54] Alex Petrescu leaves the room