IETF
kitten
kitten@jabber.ietf.org
Thursday, April 7, 2016< ^ >
kadukoafs@gmail.com/barnowlDC32882E has set the subject to: KITTEN WG | http://tools.ietf.org/wg/kitten/ | NOTE WELL: https://www.ietf.org/about/note-well.html
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[18:38:01] metricamerica joins the room
[19:01:07] rick@openfortress.nl joins the room
[19:02:17] metricamerica joins the room
[19:02:46] metricamerica leaves the room
[19:11:00] ghudson joins the room
[19:15:45] Meetecho joins the room
[19:17:40] Scott Cantor joins the room
[19:17:59] m&m joins the room
[19:18:12] Greg Hudson joins the room
[19:20:17] Rick van Rein joins the room
[19:20:20] <metricamerica> Please remember to preface comments to be relayed with "mic:" - thanks!
[19:21:43] michiel joins the room
[19:26:03] nico joins the room
[19:26:08] <nico> hi
[19:26:24] <Rick van Rein> hey nico
[19:26:29] <nico> hey
[19:27:29] <nico> is there meetecho for KITTEN today?
[19:27:41] Sara Dickinson joins the room
[19:27:42] <Meetecho> nico: yes
[19:27:54] <nico> thanks
[19:27:59] <nico> what's the URI for it?
[19:28:09] <Rick van Rein> https://quebrachoa.conf.meetecho.com/q-meetecho/Index.jsp
[19:28:12] <Meetecho> http://www.meetecho.com/ietf95/kitten
[19:28:16] <metricamerica> http://www.meetecho.com/ietf95/kitten
[19:28:28] <nico> thx
[19:29:20] Nico Williams joins the room
[19:30:48] <Rick van Rein> yes it is
[19:31:03] <nico> hmmm, not getting audio
[19:31:13] sftcd joins the room
[19:31:56] <Rick van Rein> I am excited indeed :)
[19:31:56] <michiel> I am
[19:33:43] <nico> I'm not getting audio on meetecho, but I am with streaming
[19:33:43] Mac Rost joins the room
[19:35:16] <nico> oh, no, I get audio with meetecho; bigger delay; so i'll stick with streaming for now
[19:35:18] <ghudson> I am most interested in spake-preauth of all the things mentioned.  des-des-des-die-die-die seems worth doing and not too hard.
[19:35:23] <Rick van Rein> exciting: spake
[19:35:34] <metricamerica> greg - to the mic?
[19:35:54] <ghudson> It's enough if the chairs see it on Jabber, I think.
[19:35:55] <Meetecho> nico: webrtc audio should be realtime, actually (unless you're listening to the opus or mp3 stream?)
[19:36:08] Mac Rost leaves the room
[19:37:49] <michiel> How many people are typically needed to review?
[19:38:05] <nico> it helps to have at least three
[19:39:02] <michiel> Maybe the submitters of the new topics want to help clean the queue?
[19:39:12] <Rick van Rein> fwiw, I am in a project that actively works towards realm xover / dnstxt / tls-kdh
[19:39:18] Sara Dickinson leaves the room
[19:39:20] <ghudson> I have been reviewing WGLCs (except for saml-ec) as they come up.
[19:39:23] <Rick van Rein> I suppose I will move on with those
[19:39:32] <nico> I see no slides, fyi
[19:39:55] <michiel> Enlightened self-interest ;)
[19:39:57] <kadukoafs@gmail.com/barnowl1A93E189> And we thank you for that, Greg.
[19:40:00] <Scott Cantor> I can at least prod the people that were working with saml-ec to come to the list, but I don't know if that serves as a help to review.
[19:40:02] <ghudson> nico: if you see a button labeled "presentation," click it.
[19:40:09] <sftcd> https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/95/slides/slides-95-kitten-0.pdf
[19:40:31] Sarah Day joins the room
[19:40:32] <ghudson> I am happy to de-prioritize IAKERB.
[19:41:14] Nico Williams leaves the room
[19:41:27] <ghudson> Microsoft is hoping for a pa-data number assignment for PKINIT freshness ASAP so they can ship an implementation, I think.
[19:42:11] <Rick van Rein> number assignment can be lighter than a doc publication?
[19:42:27] Michiel Leenaars joins the room
[19:42:42] <Rick van Rein> pa-data is not IANA
[19:43:25] <ghudson> I'm not sure that's right, checking...
[19:43:28] Nico Williams joins the room
[19:44:10] <ghudson> mic: RFC 6113 put pa-data into IANA.
[19:44:18] <Rick van Rein> I said from my heart, so must be wrong
[19:44:22] <Rick van Rein> sry
[19:44:47] <Rick van Rein> yes, https://www.iana.org/assignments/kerberos-parameters/kerberos-parameters.xml#pre-authentication
[19:44:49] Michiel Leenaars leaves the room
[19:45:50] <Rick van Rein> in general, if one needs “numbers” but the WG is incapable to move, is there something an author can do?
[19:46:36] <metricamerica> stephen answering
[19:46:46] <nico> @Rick: I sent comments on your _kerberos TXT RR I-D
[19:46:54] <nico> (last night, to the ISE)
[19:47:40] <michiel> Sounds very pragmatic.
[19:47:50] <Scott Cantor> +1
[19:51:04] <Rick van Rein> pkcross (though I might continue with my TGS approach)
[19:51:27] <Rick van Rein> which is more concrete but otherwise the same as Nico's
[19:51:53] <nico> yes, I would like PKCROSS too, but first I want multi-round-trip GSS mech
[19:52:31] <kadukoafs@gmail.com/barnowl1A93E189> multi-round-trip being your krb5-extra-rt draft?
[19:52:36] <nico> y
[19:52:40] <kadukoafs@gmail.com/barnowl1A93E189> nico: you want multi-round-trip more than spake-preauth?
[19:52:45] <nico> hmmm
[19:52:55] <nico> no, I guess I want the SPAKE I-D more
[19:53:00] <Rick van Rein> me too
[19:53:29] Scott Cantor leaves the room
[19:53:34] <nico> mind you, with FAST we can do w/o SPAKE, but it's best to have it'
[19:53:45] <Rick van Rein> what is the "wiki experiment" by the way?
[19:54:00] <nico> gerrithub!
[19:54:21] <Rick van Rein> FAST reveals weak pwd, doesn't it?
[19:54:25] <kadukoafs@gmail.com/barnowl1A93E189> "wiki experiment" is just having a place where people can record that
they've reviewed a draft, and once a few of those are received, it
gets prioritized or kicked up to the IESG
[19:54:28] <Rick van Rein> so SPAKE still adds value there?
[19:54:34] <nico> rick: no, FAST does not, but it requires other things
[19:54:45] <Rick van Rein> tx benjamin
[19:54:47] <nico> SPAKE requires nothing else, which is why SPAKE helps
[19:54:59] <Nico Williams> gerrithub might work well for I-D reviews
[19:55:10] <Nico Williams> I've not really tried it though
[19:55:37] <Nico Williams> I would very strongly encourage the use of git repos for I-Ds (sources and formatted) and reviews
[19:55:57] <michiel> Mailing lists and sending a 'review report' where you reference all the previous reviews also could work.
[19:56:07] <ghudson> For us, SPAKE is a path to better second-factor integration than we currently have (FAST OTP was unfortunately a bit of a botch for many deployments).  Anonymous PKINIT FAST + encrypted challenge can solve the core password security problem, at the cost of additional round trips.
[19:56:08] <Nico Williams> I don't care if it's github or some other service, but I do like githib, and gerrithub only works with github for now, IIRC
[19:56:27] <nico> ghudson: yeah, +1
[19:56:56] Nico Williams leaves the room
[19:57:10] ghudson leaves the room
[19:57:16] <nico> I never got video from meetecho, fyi
[19:57:30] <nico> nor slides, but I did get audio, and with less delay than streaming
[19:57:39] Greg Hudson leaves the room
[19:58:05] <Rick van Rein> I cowerdly used Chrome, and had no problem
[19:58:19] <nico> oh, maybe that's it
[19:58:22] <nico> fine
[19:58:26] <nico> next time
[19:58:26] <michiel> I use Firefox, and no presentation
[19:58:32] <Rick van Rein> Chrome does WebRTC well
[19:58:32] <nico> ^
[19:58:50] sftcd leaves the room
[19:58:54] <kadukoafs@gmail.com/barnowl1A93E189> Thanks for all the comments here :)
[19:58:59] <nico> cheers
[19:59:03] <nico> sorry I couldn't make it!
[19:59:12] <kadukoafs@gmail.com/barnowl1A93E189> I'll repeat nico's suggestion that this room can be used for related
discussion not during meetings as well.
[19:59:21] <nico> yes!!!
[19:59:35] <Rick van Rein> cool, thanks all
[19:59:48] <michiel> WebRTC interoperability can only be measured by using multiple browsers ;)
[19:59:59] Sarah Day leaves the room
[20:00:10] <nico> kadukoafs: I think in practice that would require that we use it a bit more socially, like we do #krbdev
[20:00:18] <michiel> Thanks as well, and have a great day over there!
[20:00:30] <nico> or that every time we hit a related subject on #krbdev we move here
[20:01:24] rick@openfortress.nl leaves the room
[20:02:29] <michiel> Perhaps the tools people should be asked for another way to archive on the web
[20:02:49] Rick van Rein leaves the room
[20:03:06] <michiel> As http://www.ietf.org/jabber/logs/kitten doesn't navigate that friendly
[20:03:47] <michiel> Anyway, bye!
[20:03:51] michiel leaves the room
[20:11:16] metricamerica leaves the room
[20:15:03] m&m leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
[20:19:50] sftcd joins the room
[20:20:05] sftcd leaves the room
[20:20:48] Meetecho leaves the room
[20:24:55] <nico> I should auto-join this
[20:30:34] m&m joins the room
[20:34:44] metricamerica joins the room
[20:38:16] metricamerica leaves the room
[23:06:02] m&m leaves the room: Disconnected: closed
Powered by ejabberd - robust, scalable and extensible XMPP server Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!