IETF
lsr
lsr@jabber.ietf.org
Monday, July 16, 2018< ^ >
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[13:10:21] meetecho joins the room
[13:13:02] WRYHmjDI joins the room
[13:25:11] Martin Casanova joins the room
[13:26:04] Sandra Murphy joins the room
[13:26:28] chopps joins the room
[13:27:12] Chris Bowers joins the room
[13:28:00] Bernard Sales joins the room
[13:29:25] Robert Raszuk joins the room
[13:30:11] Chris Bowers leaves the room
[13:30:13] Ravishankar Ravindran joins the room
[13:32:13] Chris Bowers joins the room
[13:33:01] Luay Jalil joins the room
[13:33:54] John Scudder joins the room
[13:34:51] John Scudder leaves the room
[13:35:24] John Scudder (scribe) joins the room
[13:35:38] <John Scudder (scribe)> Agenda bashing and chair status right now
[13:35:47] stefano previdi joins the room
[13:36:16] <John Scudder (scribe)> If anyone wants comments relayed to the mic, please preface with MIC:
[13:36:50] <John Scudder (scribe)> Otherwise I'll just be announcing speakers and slide numbers (and the latter is best-effort, assuming slide nos are present)
[13:36:54] <John Scudder (scribe)> currently on slide 5 btw
[13:37:57] <John Scudder (scribe)> "RFCs since London"
[13:39:36] Yuji Tochio joins the room
[13:42:31] <John Scudder (scribe)> LSR YANG update, Yingzhen Qu
[13:44:49] <John Scudder (scribe)> (no slide numbers…)
[13:45:07] <John Scudder (scribe)> if anyone needs slide names announced, please ask, otherwise I'm not gonna try
[13:45:44] <John Scudder (scribe)> Q/A now
[13:47:46] <John Scudder (scribe)> Peter P presenting te-link-attr-reuse
[13:50:05] <John Scudder (scribe)> slide 4
[13:51:13] <John Scudder (scribe)> now it's slide 3
[13:51:16] <John Scudder (scribe)> now it's 5
[13:51:29] <John Scudder (scribe)> or maybe my eyes are going, but I'm in the front row...
[13:51:32] Martin Casanova leaves the room
[13:52:11] Paul Wells joins the room
[13:53:15] <John Scudder (scribe)> apparently the slide numbers are random becuase it says 3 again.
[13:53:16] Yuji Tochio leaves the room
[13:53:19] <John Scudder (scribe)> hi, Paul!
[13:53:45] <John Scudder (scribe)> oh, no it's not random, they flipped to the next preso while I was distracted
[13:53:47] <John Scudder (scribe)> slide 4
[13:53:56] <Paul Wells> Hi John
[13:55:14] <John Scudder (scribe)> now slide 5
[13:56:25] <John Scudder (scribe)> slide 7
[13:57:11] <John Scudder (scribe)> 8
[13:57:54] <John Scudder (scribe)> 9
[13:58:02] <John Scudder (scribe)> Q/A
[13:59:53] <John Scudder (scribe)> next preso, still peter, isis and ospfv3, etc
[14:00:08] <John Scudder (scribe)> no slide numbers it appears, on first slide (after titles)
[14:05:55] <chopps> random would be exciting.
[14:07:30] <John Scudder (scribe)> I swear some of them counted backwards briefly. Maybe I just need more covfefe.
[14:08:08] <John Scudder (scribe)> Is the egregious packet layout uglification caused by projecting from the Chromebook?
[14:08:17] <John Scudder (scribe)> Q/A now
[14:08:25] <John Scudder (scribe)> Jie Dong at mic
[14:11:01] <John Scudder (scribe)> They are going to make Peter present the entire meeting, it seems
[14:11:37] <John Scudder (scribe)> Peter gets to sit down because slides aren't uploaded it seems
[14:11:55] <John Scudder (scribe)> Now IS-IS Graceful Restart, Les G
[14:12:22] <John Scudder (scribe)> (no slide numbers...)
[14:14:43] <John Scudder (scribe)> Q/A
[14:16:05] <John Scudder (scribe)> IS-IS spine-leaf optimization, Naiming S.
[14:16:21] <John Scudder (scribe)> slide 2
[14:17:49] <John Scudder (scribe)> 3
[14:19:35] <John Scudder (scribe)> 4
[14:19:59] <John Scudder (scribe)> Q/A
[14:21:27] <John Scudder (scribe)> Jeff Haas @ mic
[14:23:03] <John Scudder (scribe)> Chris Martin @ mic
[14:25:10] <John Scudder (scribe)> Russ White @ mic
[14:25:47] anstone joins the room
[14:26:00] <John Scudder (scribe)> Jeff Tantsura @ mic
[14:26:58] <John Scudder (scribe)> Dino F @ mic
[14:28:23] <John Scudder (scribe)> Tony P @ mic
[14:30:34] <John Scudder (scribe)> Peter P has stretched and hydrated and is ready to present more slides!
[14:31:18] <John Scudder (scribe)> draft-li-dynamic-flooding with featured speaker PETER P!
[14:31:25] <John Scudder (scribe)> slide 2
[14:31:43] <John Scudder (scribe)> 3
[14:33:30] <John Scudder (scribe)> 4
[14:33:58] <John Scudder (scribe)> 5
[14:34:16] <John Scudder (scribe)> 6
[14:34:31] anstone leaves the room
[14:34:42] <John Scudder (scribe)> 7
[14:35:06] <John Scudder (scribe)> 8
[14:35:44] <John Scudder (scribe)> 9
[14:36:10] <John Scudder (scribe)> Q/A
[14:37:31] Yuji Tochio joins the room
[14:37:58] <John Scudder (scribe)> IS-IS Preferred Path Routing, Uma C presenting
[14:38:28] <John Scudder (scribe)> slide 2
[14:39:50] <John Scudder (scribe)> 3
[14:40:49] Alia Atlas joins the room
[14:41:27] stefano previdi leaves the room
[14:41:29] <John Scudder (scribe)> 4
[14:42:02] stefano previdi joins the room
[14:42:32] <John Scudder (scribe)> 5
[14:43:37] stefano previdi leaves the room
[14:43:39] stefano previdi joins the room
[14:44:24] <John Scudder (scribe)> 6
[14:45:44] <John Scudder (scribe)> 7
[14:46:47] <John Scudder (scribe)> 8
[14:46:58] <John Scudder (scribe)> 9
[14:47:04] <John Scudder (scribe)> 10
[14:48:56] <John Scudder (scribe)> 11
[14:49:40] <John Scudder (scribe)> 12
[14:49:42] Gaurav Dawra joins the room
[14:50:09] <John Scudder (scribe)> Q/A
[14:50:38] <John Scudder (scribe)> Ketan @ mic
[14:52:09] <John Scudder (scribe)> Dino @ mic
[14:52:57] <John Scudder (scribe)> "https://condenaststore.com/featured/wed-now-like-to-open-the-floor-to-shorter-steve-macone.html"
[14:54:18] <John Scudder (scribe)> Jie Dong presenting IGP extns for SR based enhanced VPN
[14:54:28] <John Scudder (scribe)> slide 2
[14:56:18] <John Scudder (scribe)> 3
[14:56:51] <John Scudder (scribe)> 4
[14:56:52] Gaurav Dawra leaves the room
[14:57:46] <John Scudder (scribe)> 5
[14:58:59] <John Scudder (scribe)> 6
[15:00:00] <John Scudder (scribe)> 7
[15:00:54] <John Scudder (scribe)> 8
[15:01:25] <John Scudder (scribe)> Q/A
[15:01:27] <John Scudder (scribe)> Peter P @ mi
[15:01:29] <John Scudder (scribe)> mic
[15:02:11] <John Scudder (scribe)> Dino @ mic
[15:03:56] <John Scudder (scribe)> Stewart @ mic
[15:04:46] <John Scudder (scribe)> Dino @
[15:05:00] <John Scudder (scribe)> dino/stewart duet
[15:06:16] <John Scudder (scribe)> s
[15:06:21] <John Scudder (scribe)> jeff t @
[15:07:03] <John Scudder (scribe)> s
[15:07:56] anstone joins the room
[15:08:29] <John Scudder (scribe)> ospf extn for inter-area topo retrieval
[15:08:35] <John Scudder (scribe)> jie presenting on behalf of aijun
[15:08:39] <John Scudder (scribe)> 2
[15:08:42] <John Scudder (scribe)> 3
[15:08:53] stefano previdi leaves the room
[15:08:59] stefano previdi joins the room
[15:09:24] Aijun Wang joins the room
[15:09:41] <John Scudder (scribe)> Hi Aijun, jie just started presenting your slides
[15:09:44] <John Scudder (scribe)> slide 4
[15:10:01] Ravishankar Ravindran leaves the room
[15:10:25] <John Scudder (scribe)> 5
[15:10:34] <Aijun Wang> Ok, Thank you, I  am trying to hear
[15:10:59] <John Scudder (scribe)> If you are having trouble hearing, I will do my best to summarize Q/A
[15:11:01] <John Scudder (scribe)> 6
[15:11:13] <John Scudder (scribe)> 7
[15:11:31] <Aijun Wang> OK, Thank you. I will be on the meeting on Tuesday
[15:11:45] <Aijun Wang> I got my visa today
[15:11:45] <John Scudder (scribe)> 8
[15:11:51] <John Scudder (scribe)> glad to hear
[15:11:59] <John Scudder (scribe)> Q/A
[15:12:26] <John Scudder (scribe)> Acee (chair): a long time ago we rejected overload of ToS. We will not standardize non-TLV approaches if adopted.
[15:12:45] <John Scudder (scribe)> Padma had a proposal long ago to reuse ToS, didn't do it then, won't do it now. We have a way to extend.
[15:12:49] <John Scudder (scribe)> TLV-based only.
[15:12:57] <Aijun Wang> Ok
[15:12:57] <John Scudder (scribe)> Chris (chair): (agree)
[15:13:02] <John Scudder (scribe)> Ketan @ mic
[15:13:27] <John Scudder (scribe)> Glad you addressed some of the comments, but agree about not modifying exisitn formats
[15:13:34] <John Scudder (scribe)> Source router ID is a good proposal
[15:13:56] <John Scudder (scribe)> Acee (chair): you can look at use case and say it's weak, but it can be used for other things, I think it makes sense with TLVs
[15:13:59] <John Scudder (scribe)> Peter P @ mic
[15:14:12] <John Scudder (scribe)> Agree you can add source rtr id, not sure how that fixes the problem you want to solve though
[15:14:21] <John Scudder (scribe)> Can't reconstruct topo with just prefixes
[15:14:27] anstone leaves the room
[15:14:33] <John Scudder (scribe)> Jie: please send Q on list
[15:14:46] <Aijun Wang> I can answer this question later
[15:14:55] <John Scudder (scribe)> (end of presentation)
[15:14:56] Alia Atlas leaves the room
[15:15:02] Bernard Sales leaves the room
[15:15:12] <John Scudder (scribe)> Russ White presenting IS-IS OpenFabric
[15:15:30] <John Scudder (scribe)> no slide numbers, sorry
[15:15:31] stefano previdi leaves the room
[15:19:10] <John Scudder (scribe)> Q/A
[15:19:33] <John Scudder (scribe)> Acee
[15:21:19] <John Scudder (scribe)> Russ @ mic
[15:22:30] <John Scudder (scribe)> Huaimo presenting ospf flooding reduction
[15:22:38] <John Scudder (scribe)> no slide nos
[15:29:19] Luay Jalil leaves the room
[15:32:57] Aijun Wang leaves the room
[15:33:02] <John Scudder (scribe)> Q/A
[15:33:04] <John Scudder (scribe)> Les @ mic
[15:34:12] <John Scudder (scribe)> Acee (as WG member): intuitively, prefer TLi solution to this one. This one places heaviest load on network at worst possible moment.
[15:34:38] Aijun Wang joins the room
[15:36:35] <John Scudder (scribe)> (negotiation between chairs and huaimo about document mergers, etc etc)
[15:37:43] Paul Mattes joins the room
[15:37:45] <John Scudder (scribe)> meeting ends.
[15:37:54] John Scudder (scribe) leaves the room
[15:38:37] Robert Raszuk leaves the room
[15:38:57] Aijun Wang leaves the room
[15:39:02] Paul Wells leaves the room
[15:41:08] Chris Bowers leaves the room
[15:42:43] Yuji Tochio leaves the room
[15:43:13] Paul Mattes leaves the room
[15:43:13] Sandra Murphy leaves the room
[15:50:02] meetecho leaves the room
[15:58:13] chopps leaves the room: Disconnected: No route to host
[16:22:49] anstone joins the room
[17:01:07] anstone leaves the room
[17:16:38] anstone joins the room
[17:27:04] anstone leaves the room
[17:28:41] anstone joins the room
[17:39:57] anstone leaves the room
[17:45:58] anstone joins the room
[17:46:51] anstone leaves the room
[17:53:45] anstone joins the room
[18:00:28] anstone leaves the room
[18:14:32] chopps joins the room
[18:41:40] chopps leaves the room: Disconnected: No route to host
[18:42:59] anstone joins the room
[18:48:06] anstone leaves the room
[21:08:57] anstone joins the room
[21:24:40] anstone leaves the room
[21:30:56] anstone joins the room
[22:07:04] anstone leaves the room
[22:40:09] anstone joins the room
[22:40:20] anstone leaves the room