IETF
mile@jabber.ietf.org
Wednesday, July 23, 2014< ^ >
paulwouters has set the subject to: MILE, IETF 85, Atlanta
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[18:54:16] Adam Montville joins the room
[18:55:47] Adam Montville leaves the room
[19:16:00] Eric Burger joins the room
[19:16:19] Eric Burger99484 joins the room
[19:16:19] Eric Burger99484 leaves the room
[19:16:19] Eric Burger34130 joins the room
[19:16:47] <Eric Burger34130> Is MeetEcho up?
[19:16:53] <Eric Burger34130> (Streams, that is)
[19:17:03] Meetecho Scribe joins the room
[19:18:51] Kathleen Moriarty joins the room
[19:19:55] Adam Montville joins the room
[19:21:48] Doug Montgomery joins the room
[19:21:58] <Eric Burger34130> Radio check…
[19:22:08] Yoav Nir joins the room
[19:22:10] <Eric Burger34130> I head Alexey. thanks.
[19:22:15] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 2: Note Well
[19:22:19] <Eric Burger34130> ^head^hear
[19:22:27] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 3: Status
[19:22:59] Doug Montgomery leaves the room
[19:23:24] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 4: Agenda
[19:23:31] Eric Burger leaves the room
[19:23:51] jimsch1 joins the room
[19:24:03] Eric Burger joins the room
[19:24:16] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 1: undefined
[19:24:46] <Eric Burger34130> Audio is OK.
[19:25:17] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 2: What is IODEFv2?
[19:26:20] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 3: Drafts Since IETF 89 (London)
[19:26:35] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 4: Issues closed in -07
[19:28:19] hjk luerhfl joins the room
[19:28:46] hjk luerhfl leaves the room
[19:28:55] <Meetecho Scribe> @remote_participants: FYI, a Meetecho session is avalaible at http://www.meetecho.com/ietf90/mile
[19:29:10] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 5: Outstanding Issues
[19:30:14] satoru.kanno@jabber.org joins the room
[19:30:35] Adam Montville leaves the room
[19:31:17] Kathleen Moriarty leaves the room
[19:31:31] Jim Schaad joins the room
[19:31:36] jimsch1 leaves the room
[19:32:21] Adam Montville joins the room
[19:32:51] Adam Montville leaves the room
[19:32:58] Eric Burger_4487 joins the room
[19:33:27] <Eric Burger34130> ok
[19:33:32] Adam Montville joins the room
[19:33:35] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 6: Discussion
[19:33:37] latourjacques joins the room
[19:33:48] Brian Trammell joins the room
[19:34:01] <Eric Burger34130> Please remind audience to eat the microphone. Thanks.
[19:34:06] Eric Burger leaves the room
[19:34:12] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 1: undefined
[19:34:29] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 2: Progress
[19:34:48] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 3: -07 Updates Based on Feedback
[19:35:39] doug.otis joins the room
[19:35:51] Adam Montville leaves the room
[19:39:02] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 1: undefined
[19:39:17] Adam Montville joins the room
[19:39:21] <Meetecho Scribe> Mile Implementation Report
[19:39:30] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 2: 
[19:40:16] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 3: 
[19:40:34] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 4
[19:41:18] <doug.otis> Slide 5
[19:41:44] <doug.otis> Slide 6
[19:42:21] <doug.otis> Slide 7
[19:42:36] <doug.otis> Done
[19:42:45] <Eric Burger34130> MIC: What is the goal for this draft? What do we want to publish?
[19:42:51] <Eric Burger34130> I like the implementation part
[19:43:03] <Eric Burger34130> I mean I like the implementation hints part.
[19:43:45] <Eric Burger34130> I’m not so keen on the implementations: e.g., Deep Secure carries HTTPS and XML. It’s like saying GMAIL supports IODEF because you can email IODEF documents.
[19:43:57] <Adam Montville> Do you want me to communicate all of htat?
[19:44:03] <Eric Burger34130> I *would* like to see an interoperability document
[19:44:07] <Eric Burger34130> (the last comment)
[19:44:22] <latourjacques> I’m curious, how many CSIRT in the room that plan using this?
[19:44:37] <Eric Burger34130> Me, too. Can you ask?
[19:44:44] <Adam Montville> Can you clarify the interoperabliity document request?
[19:45:10] <Eric Burger34130> Sure: what we did for VPIM and MEDIACTRL: have vendors say, “we worked with foo”
[19:45:18] <Eric Burger34130> We are not the protocol police
[19:45:26] <Eric Burger34130> but it gives us an idea of who works with what
[19:46:10] <Eric Burger34130> When people do interop, that’s when we drop all the SHOULDs and MAYs :-)
[19:49:38] <Adam Montville> Hope that went well enough for you Eric et al.  If you need to ask additional questions about that, then posting to the list is probably the best thing to do at this point.
[19:49:46] <Eric Burger34130> yup
[19:51:17] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 1: IODEF extension for Reporting
[19:51:18] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 2: Cyber-Physical Systems
[19:52:20] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 3: Other names for Cyber-Physical Systems
[19:52:49] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 4: Cyber-Physical Infrastructure
[19:53:34] satoru.kanno@jabber.org leaves the room
[19:53:34] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 5: Cyber-Physical Infrastructure
[19:53:47] satoru.kanno@jabber.org joins the room
[19:54:09] Kathleen Moriarty joins the room
[19:55:54] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 6: Examples of CPS incidents
[19:57:50] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 7: An incident is a glimpse of the overall
[19:58:52] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 8: Differences between IT systems and Indus
[19:59:25] <Meetecho Scribe> fyi a Meetecho session is avalaible at http://www.meetecho.com/ietf90/mile
[19:59:34] <Meetecho Scribe> A synchronized view of the official jabber room, the current slides being presented and an audio/video stream from the room is made available
[19:59:47] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 9: IT system
[20:01:52] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 10: Why an extension is needed
[20:02:01] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 11: Generic CPS system
[20:02:46] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 12: The CyberPhysicalReport Element
[20:03:11] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 13: No reutilization of other extensions
[20:03:36] Chris Inacio joins the room
[20:03:39] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 14: Reutilization of other extensions
[20:04:53] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 15: Further work in the extension
[20:05:38] <Eric Burger34130> [MIC] PLEASE reuse existing extensions, unless you are changing the meaning of the data elements. Adding elements for the physical part is fine. Recreating the same data elements (e.g. attack time, etc.) in different places will guarantee non-interoperability.
[20:05:50] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 12: The CyberPhysicalReport Element
[20:06:29] <Eric Burger34130> My comment is essentially a +1 to Dave’s, except mine was first 😃
[20:06:42] <Adam Montville> :)
[20:06:45] <Meetecho Scribe> :)
[20:07:25] <Eric Burger34130> Actually, you may want to emphasize my usage point: NOT harmonizing with the IT community will guarantee we won’t use it, and enterprises will lose the benefit of an integrated view.
[20:08:34] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 15: Further work in the extension
[20:08:37] <Eric Burger34130> thanks!
[20:08:57] <Adam Montville> np
[20:10:58] <Eric Burger34130> I don’t think we’re ready for it yet.
[20:11:08] <Eric Burger34130> I would suggest waiting until we see a more integrated approach.
[20:11:17] <Eric Burger34130> Important: YES
[20:11:22] <Eric Burger34130> Will help: YES
[20:11:25] <Eric Burger34130> Ready for WG item: NO
[20:12:10] <Eric Burger34130> Hand up (IETF should work on it)
[20:12:37] <Adam Montville> noted
[20:13:16] <Eric Burger34130> Eric O has a good point
[20:13:29] <Eric Burger34130> You can say I agree with you too :-)
[20:15:30] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 1: undefined
[20:15:46] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 2: Overview    
 
[20:15:49] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 1: Incident    
 Informa.on    
 Exchange    

[20:15:58] <Adam Montville> Incident Information Exchange in Darknet Monitoring System
[20:16:12] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 2: Overview    
 
[20:16:58] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 3: What    
 is    
 Darknet?    
 
[20:18:05] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 4: Overview of our project NICTER
[20:19:08] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 5: NICTER    
 System    
 Overview    
 
[20:20:44] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 6: Goal    
 and    
 Mechanism    
 of    
 DA
[20:21:41] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 7: System    
 Overview    
[20:22:36] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 8: Internal    
 Darknet    
 Alert    
 (Loca
[20:23:42] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 9: External    
 Darknet    
 Alert    
 (Glob
[20:24:26] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 10: External    
 Darknet    
 Alert    
 (Back
[20:25:48] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 11: Toooooo Many Alerts!!
[20:25:53] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 12: DAEDALUS
[20:26:08] <Eric Burger34130> I would suggest looking at their video. It looks nifty.
[20:26:41] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 13: Current Schema of DAEDALUS Alert
[20:29:13] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 14: An Example of Alert
[20:30:24] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 15: Discussion
[20:30:48] <Eric Burger34130> [MIC] IODEF has been around for over 6 years. Given the Implementation Report says NICT has an implementation of IODEF, why did you not use IODEF?
[20:33:32] <Eric Burger34130> Reasonable, and he addressed it in previous answer (sounds like Mio just didn’t know IODEF existed)
[20:33:45] <Eric Burger34130> (DON”T need to read my last comment ;-) )
[20:33:54] <Adam Montville> I'm going with [MIC] :-)
[20:34:01] <Adam Montville> Which, by the way, is very helpful
[20:34:05] <Eric Burger34130> np
[20:34:46] <Eric Burger34130> yes
[20:34:46] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 1: undefined
[20:34:51] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 2: BACKGROUND
[20:34:52] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 1: I N T E G R AT I O N O F D Y N A M I C A
[20:35:26] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 2: BACKGROUND
[20:40:16] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 3: FOCUS OF OUR APPROACH
[20:41:05] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 4: C O M PA R I N G S TAT E - O F - T H E -
[20:42:56] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 5: D Y N A M I C A U T O M AT E D M E TA D
[20:44:26] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 6: C O N TA C T
[20:45:26] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 5: D Y N A M I C A U T O M AT E D M E TA D
[20:45:38] <Eric Burger34130> [MIC] if anyone is wondering why I asked him to come, it is because we need to make assertions about who are at the endpoints of the RID connection
[20:45:50] <Eric Burger34130> It is not because there is a MILE issue per se.
[20:46:07] <Eric Burger34130> But without some sort of federation, our work is rather limited.
[20:46:43] <Eric Burger34130> [MIC] the last statement
[20:46:53] <Eric Burger34130> otherwise all we get to do is point-to-point
[20:47:21] <Eric Burger34130> :-)
[20:47:25] <Kathleen Moriarty> Thank you, Eric!
[20:47:36] <Eric Burger34130> You’re welcome!
[20:47:47] <Eric Burger34130> And, we are on time!!!
[20:47:53] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 1: undefined
[20:47:56] <Meetecho Scribe> Slide 4: Agenda
[20:48:24] <Eric Burger34130> Congratulations to our awesome chairs for running a meeting that ends precisely on time, with the agenda completed!
[20:48:36] <Meetecho Scribe> +1
[20:48:40] Brian Trammell leaves the room: Disconnected: session closed
[20:48:40] <Eric Burger34130> And thanks Adam for channeling
[20:48:47] Eric Burger_4487 leaves the room
[20:48:57] Eric Burger34130 leaves the room
[20:49:41] Jim Schaad leaves the room
[20:50:30] Adam Montville leaves the room
[20:51:17] Yoav Nir leaves the room
[20:52:23] Kathleen Moriarty leaves the room
[20:52:26] Meetecho Scribe leaves the room
[20:54:13] satoru.kanno@jabber.org leaves the room
[20:54:44] Chris Inacio leaves the room
[20:56:54] doug.otis leaves the room
[21:02:14] latourjacques leaves the room
[21:18:44] latourjacques joins the room
[21:19:54] satoru.kanno@jabber.org joins the room
[21:21:04] latourjacques leaves the room
[21:21:33] latourjacques joins the room
[21:24:15] Brian Trammell joins the room
[21:25:40] Brian Trammell leaves the room
[21:28:48] Kathleen Moriarty joins the room
[21:41:01] latourjacques leaves the room
[21:46:11] Brian Trammell joins the room
[21:46:13] Brian Trammell leaves the room
[21:48:07] Chris Inacio joins the room
[21:50:16] Chris Inacio joins the room
[21:51:25] Chris Inacio leaves the room
[22:19:43] Kathleen Moriarty leaves the room
[22:58:45] Chris Inacio leaves the room
[23:56:56] satoru.kanno@jabber.org leaves the room
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!