IETF
netconf
netconf@jabber.ietf.org
Tuesday, November 11, 2014< ^ >
Bill has set the subject to: NETCONF meeting at IETF-81
Room Configuration
Room Occupants

GMT+0
[22:50:18] ladislav.lhotka joins the room
[22:55:55] Juergen Schoenwaelder joins the room
[22:56:02] Juergen Schoenwaelder leaves the room
[22:56:06] Martin Bjorklund joins the room
[22:56:40] Juergen Schoenwaelder joins the room
[22:56:57] Jürgen Schönwälder joins the room
[22:58:39] Martin Bjorklund leaves the room
[22:58:43] Martin Bjorklund joins the room
[22:59:10] Martin Bjorklund leaves the room
[22:59:51] Martin Bjorklund joins the room
[22:59:55] scott joins the room
[23:00:56] <Jürgen Schönwälder> Martin, are you on meetecho? Do you have a meetecho audio stream?
[23:01:07] <Martin Bjorklund> no audio yet
[23:01:27] <Martin Bjorklund> but video!
[23:01:59] <Jürgen Schönwälder> same here - but the traditional audio stream works for me
[23:02:52] Martin Bjorklund leaves the room
[23:03:16] Martin Bjorklund joins the room
[23:03:29] rolf.winter joins the room
[23:05:08] aluchuk joins the room
[23:05:10] Martin Bjorklund leaves the room
[23:05:17] Lisa Huang joins the room
[23:06:40] Meetecho joins the room
[23:07:24] Martin Bjorklund joins the room
[23:07:28] Jeff Moss joins the room
[23:07:50] Martin Bjorklund leaves the room
[23:07:51] Atarashi Yoshifumi joins the room
[23:08:07] Martin Bjorklund joins the room
[23:09:23] Jeff Moss leaves the room
[23:11:19] Jeff Moss joins the room
[23:11:55] Lorenzo Miniero joins the room
[23:12:09] Jeff Moss leaves the room
[23:12:51] <Jürgen Schönwälder> You need call home if you are behind a NAT. It does not matter whether you do confirmed commit.
[23:13:03] p p joins the room
[23:13:12] <Jürgen Schönwälder> LMAP has measurement agents behind NATs.
[23:13:16] Lorenzo Miniero leaves the room
[23:13:43] <rolf.winter> juergen, I think the point has just been made, right?
[23:13:51] <rolf.winter> or do you still want me to relay
[23:13:52] p p leaves the room
[23:14:37] <Martin Bjorklund> hum
[23:14:58] paolo sav joins the room
[23:14:59] <aluchuk> hum
[23:15:08] AA jnjn joins the room
[23:15:18] paolo sav leaves the room
[23:15:32] AA jnjn leaves the room
[23:17:24] Bert Wijnen joins the room
[23:17:45] <Bert Wijnen> audio OK?
[23:18:12] <aluchuk> audio is good
[23:18:21] <Jürgen Schönwälder> Yes, audio is good - no idea how much lag it has, but it seems to sync with the video I see.
[23:18:34] <Martin Bjorklund> yes, it seems webrtc started to work - audio seems to be in sync w video
[23:20:30] <Martin Bjorklund> single port requires some implementation coordination if you want to run both NETCONF and RESTCONF server on the same system
[23:20:31] <Bert Wijnen> great
[23:21:34] <Jürgen Schönwälder> I am in favour of separate ports. If SSL has a heartbleed problem but SSH does not, I like to block accordingly.
[23:21:47] <aluchuk> I prefer separate ports.
[23:22:15] sunseawq joins the room
[23:22:17] jeferson.nobre joins the room
[23:24:26] <Martin Bjorklund> hum for separate
[23:24:33] <aluchuk> hum
[23:24:44] <Jürgen Schönwälder> hum separate
[23:25:22] samante joins the room
[23:26:04] David Perkins joins the room
[23:26:29] <Martin Bjorklund> do you still see the old slide?
[23:26:39] <Jürgen Schönwälder> yep
[23:26:49] <rolf.winter> we're on slide 4
[23:26:52] <Jürgen Schönwälder> but I happen to know the slides ;-)
[23:26:53] <rolf.winter> open issues
[23:27:05] <Martin Bjorklund> bert, do you have new slides - they don't show on meetecho
[23:27:08] <rolf.winter> slide 5
[23:27:23] <Bert Wijnen> we have the new slides. I dop not know why they do not show on metecho
[23:27:40] <Bert Wijnen> maybe we posted them too late
[23:27:50] <rolf.winter> slide 6
[23:28:33] <Martin Bjorklund> ok, i downloaded them separately...
[23:28:50] <rolf.winter> slide 7
[23:29:08] <rolf.winter> here's the link to the slides if you don't have it http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/91/slides/slides-91-netconf-1.pdf
[23:29:45] <rolf.winter> slide 8
[23:30:02] benoit.claise joins the room
[23:31:18] edward crabbe joins the room
[23:31:27] <Martin Bjorklund> hum
[23:31:35] <aluchuk> hum
[23:32:08] <rolf.winter> to which question did you hum?
[23:32:19] <aluchuk> hum to support x.509
[23:32:23] <Martin Bjorklund> support describing the alg
[23:33:32] benoit.claise joins the room
[23:33:40] <Jürgen Schönwälder> I think we (Kent and myself) are in agreement.
[23:33:55] <Jürgen Schönwälder> RFC539 should not reference the configuration data model.
[23:34:42] benoit.claise leaves the room
[23:35:01] <Bert Wijnen> thanks juergen
[23:35:04] <Jürgen Schönwälder> Thanks Bert and Mehmet.
[23:35:52] <Martin Bjorklund> slides still don't show in meetecho...
[23:36:11] <Bert Wijnen> we'll check that feter the meeting Martin
[23:36:22] <rolf.winter> slides here: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/91/slides/slides-91-netconf-1.pdf
[23:36:24] <rolf.winter> on slide 3
[23:36:31] <Martin Bjorklund> thanks
[23:36:58] <Martin Bjorklund> (the first set of slides worked properly)
[23:37:27] <Bert Wijnen> s/feter/after/
[23:40:25] <Martin Bjorklund> I agree w/ andy
[23:40:39] <rolf.winter> slide 5
[23:41:16] <rolf.winter> correct URL to slides <http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/91/slides/slides-91-netconf-2.pptx>
[23:41:19] Catherine Dibble joins the room
[23:42:13] Catherine Dibble leaves the room
[23:42:26] <Martin Bjorklund> I need to think about this
[23:42:39] <Jürgen Schönwälder> How many deployments use X.509 host keys?
[23:42:42] <aluchuk> I agree with Kent.
[23:43:09] rolf.winter leaves the room
[23:43:21] <Martin Bjorklund> to juergen: I think zero touch requires X.509 host keys
[23:44:44] <David Perkins> how do you generate and install client certs!
[23:46:43] <David Perkins> Great question Bert!
[23:46:46] <Jürgen Schönwälder> I think certificate management is a separate bigger problem.
[23:47:16] Shane Amante joins the room
[23:47:25] <Martin Bjorklund> hum
[23:47:32] <aluchuk> hum
[23:48:55] rolf.winter joins the room
[23:49:22] <rolf.winter> sorry, laptop crashed
[23:49:32] <rolf.winter> couldn't relay comments during the last 5 mins
[23:49:49] samante leaves the room
[23:50:55] <rolf.winter> Restconf slides <http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/91/slides/slides-91-netconf-3.pdf>
[23:51:16] <rolf.winter> slide 2
[23:51:39] <rolf.winter> slide 3
[23:52:25] Meetecho leaves the room
[23:52:37] <rolf.winter> slide 4
[23:53:25] Lisa Huang leaves the room
[23:54:57] Meetecho joins the room
[23:55:07] <Martin Bjorklund> option: define an extension stmt
[23:55:47] <Martin Bjorklund> extension structure { container error { ... } }
[23:56:15] <Martin Bjorklund> I meant extension structure
[23:56:27] <Martin Bjorklund> xx:structure { container error { ... } }
[23:57:32] <Martin Bjorklund> xx:structure { container error { ... } }
[23:57:43] <Martin Bjorklund> (the : doesn't look right...)
[23:58:43] <rolf.winter> Line was dissolved by the chairs so you have to take it to the list
[23:58:44] <Bert Wijnen> Seems we have no good handle on this issue yet. Pls send proposala/options to the list
[23:58:55] <Martin Bjorklund> ok
Powered by ejabberd Powered by Erlang Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional Valid CSS!